Third Events

Bad Cupid

.

.

.

.

.

.

When Jaejoong has arrived home, I was still at the restaurant with Jonghyun and our friends. I get to know his friends too: Junhyung, Doojoon, Gikwang, Yoseob, Hyunsaeng, Jihyun, Sohyun, Gayoon, and Dongwoon.
We’ve been ordering more and more foods, as well as soju. Some of them had knocked out by the soju like Gayoon, Sohyun, and Gikwang; while the others are still perfectly fine including me.
“Sorry..” Jonghyun suddenly said to me when we are all in the midst of our conversation. The other didn’t seem to notice much about it.

“What for?” I asked.

“For not realizing that you are in the same lectures and tutorials as me…” Jonghyun added. “I’m pretty bad at remembering people.”

Before I was able to reply him, Sohyun butted in. “Bull Jonghyun! You knew her all along!”
Jihyun quickly covered so that she won’t say anything else. Jonghyun’s eyes widened in shock when Sohyun said that, as well as me. I was happy though. Jonghyun didn’t say anything, he just looked away. Both of us become awkward.

Then, Hyuna who sat next to me, her head suddenly rested on my shoulder. I looked at Hyuna and I saw her falling asleep. Her hand is still holding a shot of soju. Jiyoon gently took her hands and triedto take the soju away from her.
“Hyuna. Enough of the drinking. Let’s go home.” Jiyoon said.

“hmmffmmh.. Not.. Yet..” Hyuna mumbled. She’s clearly drunk. Jiyoon looked at me and I looked at her back, both of us have the same thought.

“Let’s take her home.” I said. Jiyoon and I then got up from our seat with us each holding Hyuna’s hand.

“Sorry but we will go home first.. We need to take Hyuna back home.” Jiyoon bowed to the others. Jonghyun then got up from his seat too. Everyone’s attention is now on Jonghyun. “Then.. We should take off as well. We need to bring Sohyun, Gayoon, and Gikwang home too.” Jonghyun said. The others then followed him. They got up from their seat and helped their drunk friends to get up. Jonghyun went up to pay for their meals before he joined Jiyoon and me.


 

 

“I’ll take you guys home.” Jonghyun said when he followed us up until the carpark. “I’m driving.” He then pointed to his black Honda CRV car which is just exactly next to him.

I shifted my eyes to Jiyoon, ‘He.. He can’t find out that I’m a mafia’s daughter..!
Jiyoon nodded at me and both of us look at him again.
“Then.. Let Jiyoon and Hyuna get in your car. I’ll walk home.” I said.

“But.. It’s already late..” Jonghyun said.

“No it’s fine. My house is only 2 block away from here.” I said, lying. I need to take a train and my house is in 5 stops, and I still have to walk another 8 blocks. But.. I’d rather walk that far instead of Jonghyun keeping himself away from me after knowing I’m a mafia’s daughter.
“So.. Please take care of Hyuna and Jiyoon.” I bowed to him and made my way out of the carpark.

 

But then Jonghyun grabbed my hand, “Wait.” He then let go of me when i turned around.
“Umm.. It’s only two block away right?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yes..” I answered.

“Then.. How about I take you home first before I drive them home?” Jonghyun offered.

“It’s fine.. It’s only two blocks away. Don’t waste your fuel like that.” I said again.

“So.. Your concern is on my fuel is it?” Jonghyun grinned. He has something in his mind.

“Yeah..” I answered. Hoping that this would be the end of it.

“Ok then. I’ll walk you home.” Jonghyun said. “I’ll let Jiyoon and Hyuna wait in my car while I take you home. Sounds good?”
 

Before I was able to answer him, he went over to his car and the engine. I looked at Jiyoon, mouthing some random word as an SOS to her. But she replied me with a grin and she mouthed, ‘Chance!’ and she winked at me.
She then went inside Jonghyun’s car with Jonghyun helping her to carry Hyuna inside. They sit Hyuna at the front seat while Jiyoon at the driver’s seat. There won’t be any trouble since Hyuna is deep in her sleep.
Jonghyun then gave the key to Jiyoon and tell her to drive if anything goes wrong. Jonghyun closed the door and Jiyoon locked it from the inside.

“Alright! Let’s go!” Jonghyun said as he patted my back. I turned my ahead around to the back to see Jiyoon showing her two thumbs up, “Fighting!!” She said. I just sighed and walked along with Jonghyun. Not knowing what to do.
 


 

 

As we walked, there are a lot of shops around there. It is quite a busy street.
“You live close to a shopping district.. Quite convenient isn’t it?” He said.
He was looking around the place the whole time like he’s never been around. While I scanned my eyes throughout the whole place to find a housing area around there. And I spotted one exactly on the second block. I turned to the left, followed by Jonghyun. There I scanned a house that I can use to pretend to be my house.


That time, Jonghyun suddenly grabbed my shoulder and pushed me to his other side. I was a bit startled and then I saw a few noisy boys passing by us.
“Walk on this side.” Jonghyun said. As if he’s trying to protect me from those guys.

As the noisy guys passed by, our eyes met and I realized that the noisy guys are the man from my house: Jaebum, Wooyoung, and Taecyeon.
The idiot Taecyeon was about to greet me until he saw my death glare. He his lips out of nervousness and continued walking as if he didn’t know me.

 

 

“By the way, which one’s your house?” Jonghyun asked.

“Umm.. That one.” I said as I pointed to a house on our right. There are people inside the house, you can see from the lights. “Then.. Thank you for walking me home.”

“It’s fine.” Jonghyun smiled. I couldn’t help but to smile as well when I saw his. He looked so gentle when the street light shone upon him. “Go in.”
My heart skipped a beat when he said that. “W-What?”

“Go in. I’ll go once you’re in the house.” Jonghyun said.

.. How the hell am I gonna go inside someone’s house..?

“A-Alright,,,” I said, gulping down my saliva. “I’ll.. go in.. so you can go now.. I’m already in my house anyway.”

“No.. I want to ensure that you’re IN the house.” Jonghyun said, still smilling.

“Alright then.. Bye.” I waved at him. “I’ll see you when I see you.”
He smiled back at me as he waved his hands. I turned around and started to make my way towards the main door. When I shifted my eyes to the side to see him, he’s still there watching me.

 

 

I put my hand on the door’s handle and I push it down slowly. Thank God!!! It’s not locked!!!
I quickly turned around and smiled at him, “I’ll be going inside then. You should hurry to the carpark.”

“Alright.” He smiled.

I opened the door quickly but quietly and went inside the house, and closed the door again. The room near the entrance door is bright, the lights are on. I can hear the owner of the house laughing at the room beside the entrance. My heart keeps on beating out of nervousness. I peeked outside from the window beside the door and I saw Jonghyun already make his way to the carpark, he was running. I sighed in relief when I saw that.

I quickly opened the door again to go out. I closed the door quietly again and went down the small stairs to go out of the small garden near the entrance. However, I think I stepped on something made a really loud sound for the guard dog to hear. The dog that is near the entrance gate woke up from his sleep and he came closer to me and barked loudly as if I am a thief. It’s a black American Pitbull Terrier. It barked non-stop but it didn’t attack me…  YET I guess..

I can see from outside from the window, the owner’s silhouette who was having fun at the living room suddenly got up from his chair. The other people in the living room too. They started to make my way towards the entrance. I’m so.. in trouble now.
Weirdly.. At that time, my mind was thinking if Jaejoong could somehow appear here and help me get out of this situation somehow.

I quickly started to run my way out of there but the dog leaped onto me. I fell down with the dog pinning me down on the ground. My feet scratched a broken peeble at the garden and it seems as if the wound is abit deep.

Then the sound of the door being opened can be heard.
“Who’s there?” A man’s voice said.

O.. Oo....

.

.

.

.

.

Thank you for reading!!

@After8ight: That's what i was planning to do but no.. I changed my mind.