Mission given

Bad Cupid

.

.

.

.

February 13th,

The cupids are busy getting ready for their hectic day tomorrow. It’s the busiest time for the cupids. Even though that night, the moon is bright and beautiful to be gazed at, the cupid headquarters are filled with cupids who are still focusing on their missions. The white floor and white walls of the balcony are filled with them cupids in their soft colored suits, as well as the gardens. They are busy checking out the humans they need to work out on.

 

But in the middle of their preparation, one cupid leader called out a cupid. “Jaejoong.” You can tell he's the leader by the black blazer he's wearing and the number of badges.

The cupid who was called turned around and saw his lord motioning his hand, telling him to go out with him for a while. Jaejoong got up and followed the lord out of the main hall, to the hallway.

“What is it my lord?” Jaejoong said as he gave a slight bow to him.

“Don’t worry.. There’s no one here.” The lord patted Jaejoong’s back to calm him down. Jaejoong automatically make himself comfortable by dropping of the honorifics.

“What is it Chunhee?” Jaejoong rested his hands on his hips, acting like his usual self.

“Ya.” Chunhee lightly slapped his head and Jaejoong winced in pain. “Not that comfortable!” Chunhee complained. Chunhee is one of the highest cupid leader there, but he is very close to Jaejoong. He’s even willing to help this one favorite student of his.
“By the way.. You know that the council has started to discuss their next cupid leader right?” Chunhee said, revealing a top secret.

“A-Already?” Jaejoong responded. He became very interested, afterall he’s been aiming for that position. “Then do you know who are the candidates?”

“Of course!” Chunhee smiled confidently. “You are one of them.”

Chunhee and Jaejoong high-fived each other in excitement.  “So did I get the most vote?” Jaejoong asked, he’s very confident with what he is saying.

“I don’t know.. They are stuck between three other candidates. So they decided to give the four of you another mission. And they will see your result.. So you better do good!”

Jaejoong frowned when he heard that. “Alright.. Alright..” Jaejoong groaned. He hated the cupid’s mission. He wanted to become a leader like Chunhee because the leader did not have to do the same mission as the cupid who’s supposed to find the right partner for a certain human. The process to do it is very troublesome, depending on the human's personality and circumstances. Sometimes he wondered why he is a cupid and how he ended up being one.
“Then.. Do you know what’s the mission?”

 

“Here.” Another cupid leader handed Jaejoong an envelope on the next afternoon. Jaejoong was busy eating his lunch when this leader approached him. “Your mission.” He grinned at Jaejoong before he went to another cupid to give them the mission. Some of the cupids groaned and complained, while some of them are happy when they get a new mission. Jaejoong did not responded at all until he open the envelope to find a picture of me.
“This girl…?” Jaejoong rested his chin on his hand. “Judging from her pathetic face, I know this is going to be hard one.”
He sighed.

.

.

.

.

Thank you for reading!