Failure

Bad Cupid

.

.

.

.

.

.

"We meet again, filthy earth.." Jaejoong sighed, He just came down from the cupid realm to the earth.
He was right in the middle of a busy city since it's the rush hour but nobody noticed him. Some even passed through his body as if nobody was there.
Without dilly dallying, he headed towards a cafe shop where i am working.

He entered the cafe shop named 'Coffee Prince'. He entered through the main door, following behind a customer who opened the door to come into the cafe. Even though he could just pass through the wall, he actually 'enjoyed' coming in from the door.
As he entered the cafe, his eyes scanned through the whole cafe. The basic decoration of dark colored wood made it look so elegant. The matched table and chairs, as well as the sofa made it look so comfy.
There were at least 8 customers in the house, it was 6pm in the evening. 

 

Jaejoong then took a seat at a sofa near the window and looked at the workers at the counter. One is washing he utensils, other one is making coffee, and one more is taking order from a customer.
He took out my picture and looked at it before lifting his head to find me. And it wasn't long till he spot me serving coffees at one table.
"Enjoy." I said to the customer while smilling gently.

Jaejoong observed me from top to bottom.
'Face.. not bad. Looks.. need to change her hair color from blonde to darker colors.. Body.. mehh..'
He wrote what he has observed in a note. He didn't write but a note is flying on the air next to him, and writing just appears automatically on it according to what Jaejoong is thinking.

 

I went back to the counter and i was greeted by the boss who just arrived.
"Evening Hyosun!" She patted my shoulder as a greeting.

"Oh! Evening Hyori-unnie!" Finally she came.. She's been late for the past one hour..

"Sorry to make you stay back for another hour.." She put her hands together while apologizing.

"It's fine." I smiled. I was actually pissed because i've missed the first 15 minutes of my favorite TV show.

 

I took off my apron and placed it on the counter. Just when i was about to go to the back to get my bag, i heard the door bell's tingling, someone came in.
Hyori and Jiyoung suddenly grabbed my hand and patted my back numerous times to get my attention.
"Hyosun!! Hyosun!!!!!" Hyori called me even though her eyes was looking somewhere else. "It's Jonghyun!!"

When i heard that name, i quickly turned around and grabbed my apron again to wear it. Jaejoong felt weird when he saw my reaction, so he turned around to see who's coming in, and he now knows who's my crush. Jonghyun has been my crush since I saw him entered the coffee shop, his looks captivated me. He's a regular in this coffee shop too. All i know is that he went to the same university as me.

"Y-You go and take his order!!" Jiyoung handed me the dockets and placed it on my hand.
I took a deep breath before i went up to his table.
Hyori said as she massaged my shoulder briefly before she pushed me forward.

I went over to his table, and to my surprise, i saw him bringing another girl with him again.
Hyori and Jiyoung who saw the girl sighed as well. The girl has a long straight hair with her slender built. Compare to me.. i'm rather curvy because of my small cute fat belly..
Jaejoong just raised one of his eyebrows when he saw me look at the girl and myself. "Need work in slimming down.." Jaejoong sighed as he write down a note.

"Can i take your order?" I said. Trying to look nice and all friendly by giving her a smile and asked him in a nice tone.

"A cappuccino and latter frappe please. That's all." Jonghyun smiled. "What was it again Krystal?" and he continue his talk with the girl.
I was hoping that i could have more conversation with him like asking 'anything else? any dessert?' But thanks to this b**** over here and why does he have to end it so fast~~ T^T
I pouted as i went back to the counter and give Jiyoung the dockets. Jiyoung quickly gave to Hara, telling her to make it, while she joins Hyori trying to cheer me up somehow.


 

Meanwhile, Jaejoong noticed something about Jonghyun. He saw Jonghyun glanced at my way a few times when Krystal isn't looking. Jaejoong became very happy when he saw that and his lips curled up into a wide smile.
"Man.. This is actually not as hard as i thought it would be.. This is a piece of cake!" Jaejoong laughed in satisfaction.

"A piece of cake?" Chunhee repeated what Jaejoong just said. Jaejoong is in Chunhee's own office at the cupid's realm. He is sitting on his luxurious chair while peeling and munching on some peanuts, while Jaejoong sat on his opposite watching him.
"What do you mean it's a piece of cake?"

"The girl likes him.. The guy likes her too.. Which means he likes her regardless of her current appearance." Jaejoong said as he does some monologue to support his story.

"But her appearance is not bad. She just need to change her hairstyle and that's all. She looks good already." Chunhee said.

"Yes but it's good because i don't have to worry about transforming into human and somehow persuade her to do a make-over.." Jaejoong sighed in relief.

"Remember to be careful, you can't transform into human in more than 15 minutes." Chunhee added. "Even so, it's still hard isn't it?"

"No... The guy is only shy to express his feelings. So all i need to do is make an event for them and voila! They will be together!" Jaejoong laughed in satisfaction. He's very confident of his plan and himself, obviously. But Chunhee didn't laugh along with him like how he's used to.

The normally clumsy and happy Chunhee looked serious. "Jaejoong." He called his junior. "Don't take this lightly. This is the last mission to decide whether you will be a leader or not. Nothing's gonna be easy at this stage."

Jaejoong was taken aback by his seriousness, but it wasn't long until Jaejoong chuckled again. "Of course." Jaejoong said. "I know."
Even though Jaejoong said so, Chunhee can't seem to trust what he is saying knowing Jaejoong's personality. Chunhee just sigh and munch on his peanuts again.


 

On the next day, Jaejoong went over to the cafe where i am working to proceed to the first step of his plan. As he expected, Jonghyun is in the cafe with Krystal, and I was working as well along with Hyori and Jiyoung. Jaejoong looked at the time and it's almost 5pm, time for me to end my shift for the day. This time, Jaejoong didn't go inside the cafe, he just stand outside and flicked his finger. The moment he flicked his finger, Krystal's phone rings. Krystal looked at her phone which she placed on the table, and it's from her mother. She answered the call and she sometimes answered her mother briefly with a "Yes. Yes. Alright. I'll be there soon." Then she ended the conversation.

"What's wrong?" Jonghyun asked. He was curious.

"My mother wanted me to help her at home, my sister is away at the moment so.. I need to go." Krystal explained. "Sorry."

"It's fine. I'll send you to the station." Jonghyun smiled. He doesn't seem to mind it at all. He got up from his seat and went over to the counter to pay for the drinks.

 

Jiyoung who's at the counter saw Jonghyun coming her way. She quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me to stand where she was, and she hid somewhere else.
"How much is the total?" Jonghyun asked me as he took out his wallet.

I was quite surprise seeing him so suddenly, but i tried to calm myself down. "$16.50"

Jonghyun then reached for a 20 in his wallet and i gave him the change. "Thanks.. uh.." Jonghyun's eyes looking for my name tag on my right chest. "Hyosun." Jonghyun then smiled before he went towards the door with Krystal.

"Success.." Jaejoong smirked.

 

"Hyosun, it's 5 now. You can go home." Hyori said. 

"Alright." I answered her. I went to the back room to get my bag and fold my apron neatly before putting it in my bag. I went out of the cafe towards my home after giving a hug to Hyori and Jiyoung. Jaejoong followed behind me. Jaejoong would sometimes walk in front of me or next to me, he kept on changing the position.
'She's not that bad looking..' Jaejoong thought after looking at me closely. 'If only there's someone like this at the cupid's realm..' He sighed.

I walked pass by the station but i kept on going straight and Jaejoong spotted Jonghyun who just finished sending off Krystal to the station.
"Nice timing." Jaejoong grinned. Jaejoong has checked Jonghyun's daily plan for today, and it's scheduled that he's going to his aunt's house which is on the same direction as me. Jonghyun didn't notice that i was in front of him but he was walking behind me, nor did i notice he was behind me.

After a few minutes of walking, Jaejoong moved closer to me and he slowly put his hand inside my bag. I suddenly felt something heavy is in my bag. I turned my head to the side but i see nothing.
"What was that..?" I mumbled.
But then i ignored it and continue walking.


 

While Jaejoong has already got my wallet on his hand.
He saw Jonghyun coming from his left, and he dropped the wallet to the ground.
Jonghyun noticed that a wallet fell out of nowhere.
As he got closer and closer to the wallet, he picked it up and when he looked up he saw my back  view. He thought that it was mine, so he called out me while coming towards my way.
"Excuse me!!" Jonghyun shouted but i was too far and i couldn't hear him.

"Timing is a bit off.. but i guess it's fine.." Jaejoong mumbled. "Afterall if it's Jaejoong the almighty cupid.. Everything will work out fine." Jaejoong folded his arms and leaned on a pole near the street, watching how his plan will turn out.

 

However..
Before Jonghyun was able to catch up to me, i already made a turn to the left, entering a house. Jonghyun ran faster so that he can catch up to me. But when he arrived at the entrance he was blocked by two big guys. He looked up and his eyes widened in fear. He saw two scary guys in black suit, wearing sunglasses and had a few scars on their face. The big guys pushed him away from the entrance and looked down on him.
"What's your business?" The guy on the right asked.

"T-The lady who just went in.. She dropped her wallet.." Jonghyun stuttered. He was very surprised with this unexpected encounterance. He showed the big guys my wallet.

"Oh, you mean our boss?" The guy on the left said. "Thank you." He took the wallet from Jonghyun, and that's when Jonghyun was able to take a peek at the view inside. He saw a very big house with more scary looking guys inside there practicing karate.

"Here." The guy on the right said. Jonghyun jumped a little, he was too busy peeking in. "Take it as a thank you." The guy handed him a few notes.

"N-No.. It's fine." Jonghyun politely rejected him.

"HMM???!!" The guy responded. Jonghyun got scared when he saw the guy's expression so he ended up taking the money and walked away.

 

 

"Taecyeon, Seulong, Who was that?" I asked the big guys.

"M-Miss?" Taecyeon, the guy on the right responded.

"That guy returned your wallet that you dropped." Seulong explained as he handed the wallet over to me. I took the wallet and I knew that it's mine.

"Where is he?" I asked again. Taecyeon then pointed outside of the entrance to Jonghyun who has walked quite far.

I gasped when i saw Jonghyun. "D-D-Did you give him anything as a 'thank you'???"

"Yes. We gave him $200." Seulong answered. Taecyeon and him are very proud for what they have just done. However, they ended up receiving my high kick right on their cheek. Both of them fell to the ground and winced in pain.

"YA! IS THAT YOUR DEFINITION OF COURTESY?!" I glared at them. "You should have invited him for a tea or something!"

"Tea..?" Taecyeon repeated.

"No no no nono.. It would be dangerous if he knows that i am the daughter of a mafia.. He will run scared.." I mumbled to myself. Then i look at them again, "Y-You did good."

"Then what's the kick for??" Seulong whined.

 

Jaejoong who was standing outside the whole time has his mouth wide open. He didn't expect that it would turn out this way..

Chunhee who's up in the cupid realm saw what happened from his cupid mirror. "Told you.. don't take this mission too lightly.." He mumbled as he took another bite of his snack bar.

.

.

.

.

.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome new readers and readers from my previous story, i hope you guys enjoy this story too :)