The Errand Boy

Lost In Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

The Errand Boy

 In separate corners of the storage room were three lost and tired souls in hiding. As Jaehwa chewed quietly on an apple that Lay had brought back for her, Luhan pitched his into the air. Sehun had tucked his into his pocket and was resting against the wall to ensure that he had the optimal amount of energy when they were ready to confront HyeRyung – he figured he’d need it.

“Will you eat the damn thing?” Sehun’s voice broke through their easy silence with his eyes still closed and playfully, Luhan pitched the apple at his brother. Indeed, Sehun didn’t disappoint. Without having to open an eye, he caught the apple singlehandedly and Jaehwa had to blink twice to realise that her eyes hadn’t played any tricks on her.

“You haven’t lost your touch.” Luhan smirked as Sehun returned the fruit to his brother swiftly.

He shifted in his sitting position, pushing off the wall as he opened his eyes, “If that was a compliment… thank you.”

Luhan chuckled quietly before he returned back to all seriousness, “What the hell is taking Baekhyun so long?” After they all agreed to Jaehwa’s plan, they figured that it was best for Jaehwa to be in some sort of disguise because two male students being caught with a maintenance girl was far too suspicious. Two periods had already passed and there was no sign of Baekhyun returning with Jaehwa’s disguise.

Patiently, Jaehwa sat on top of a pile of gym mats, slowly gnawing on her apple as she flipped through her book. Half fiction and half fact, she indulged herself with little myths about the supernatural being she, herself, had become. For years, she had sought information wherever she could but no matter how much research she did, it would always feel like nothing in comparison. Her whole being was thrown into question after her transformation and the first few years felt like an out of body experience.

She had become a whole new person despite the fact that her memories were still in tact – more vivid than ever. Sometimes, they felt just like yesterday and she would have to remind herself that really, they were another life. The past and present were separated by a painful terrain of death and though she was reborn, she was never sure whether she should mourn or celebrate the beginning and ending of a life. Everything was shades of grey blurred into the uncertainty of fateful encounters and the unpredictable plans made by ambiguous choices of destiny. 

Was she still the same person she was? She wasn’t sure.

As she flipped to the centre of the book, where the jagged binding revealed itself, she found that there was a small booklet of illustrations. Decorated with strange symbols, scrawny handwriting in a foreign language seemed to explain them but Jaehwa was at a loss.

Just when she opened to ask, the door flung open. In the doorway stood Baekhyun with the proudest grin plastered across his face.  

“Where have you been?” Sehun asked as he rose to his feet.

Luhan followed suit, “What the hell took you so long?”

“Uhmm… excuse me? No one’s going to actually thank me for getting you this?” Baekhyun waved a crinkled set of uniform in his hands.

Jaehwa ripped out the small illustration section of the book and tucked it into her pockets for future investigation before she jumped off the mats. Landing smoothly, she crossed the room to Baekhyun and retrieved the uniform from him.

“Thank you, Baek.” She smiled and as she examined the bundle, she narrowed her eyes and asked, “Where exactly did you get this?”

Baekhyun clicked his fingers and while his brothers sceptically listened to him explain the reason behind his smugness, Jaehwa couldn’t help but chuckle. She was somewhat relieved when she realised that some things would never change.

 

 

“How about that one?” Kai pointed absentmindedly as he leaned against the lockers with his arms and legs crossed over each other.

Baekhyun snapped his head just in time to catch a glimpse of a young girl’s plaid skirt sashay past him and grimaced. He slammed his locker shut in irritation, “Too uptight, likes to play hard to get and a waste of time with hips like those.”

“God damn it, Baekhyun. Why do you have to make everything so hard?” Kai hissed under his breath before his complaint was drowned in Baekhyun’s attempted embrace. He swung an arm over Kai’s thick shoulders and led them both into the hustle bustle of students.

Within seconds they were swallowed into the busy tide.  

“You really have no clue do you?” Baekhyun snickered.

“About what?”

“Women”

“They overcomplicate everything and complicated isn’t what I need in my life right now. That’s all I need to know, Baek.” Kai replied monotonously and as he did so, even the corners of his eyes seemed to droop down in boredom. “Can’t we just ask a girl for her uniform or something?”

“Now… that wouldn’t be suspicious at all.” Baekhyun’s voice dripped with sarcasm as he peered through shoulders to find his designated target. “Besides, we’re going to have a little fun while we’re at it.”

From beside Baekhyun, Kai narrowed his eyes and peered over at him, “What… exactly… are you planning?”

“You have a lot of learning to do, little brother.” He patted Kai's shoulder before the younger male shrugged out of his hold. “Your two o'clock. She'll get the job done.”

 

 

 Baekhyun drew his lips down the smooth skin of as her hands gripped onto his shoulders. His touches were gentle, dear and a distinct contrast against the force with which he drove his hips into hers. She screwed her eyes shut, quietly as his palms smoothed themselves over her small s.

He lifted his head from her neck to take in the generic beauty of her oval face. Sweat matted her skin and he watched as it trickled down her temples making soft strands of thick hair cling to her cheeks.

“Please…” She whimpered, “Please… No- No more.”

Somewhere along the way, both of them had lost count of how many times she had ed. What used to be loud, arrogant moans of ual desire had morphed into soft pleas torn between pleasure and fatigue. He hadn’t lied when he said he was a champion in bed – his stamina was incredible.

He smirked as he moved her hand to cup her cheeks, “Whatever you say baby.” She fisted her hands into his hair and pulled him down for a passionate kiss as he let her ride out another earthshattering . She mewled into his lips as her back arched off the bed and just when she thought it was over, he emptied himself inside of her.

The feeling was something she could never and as he came inside her small body, it brought her to another . She convulsed around him, clutching onto his torso as she cussed at him for giving her such incomparable plea

Please log in to read the full chapter