Two Fates

Lost In Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY

Two Fates

 Lunch was always the busiest hour of the day and as students of the academy piled into the vinyl-floored cafeteria, news was being spread like wildfire. The lunch room was rather modern, with gleaming white floors, white tables, white chairs, white plates and even white lunch trays– a completely different and awfully mismatched theme from the grandeur traditions of dark mahogany that remained consistent throughout the classrooms and dormitories.

White tube lights buzzed above their heads, casting the huge hall with a sickly laboratory gleam that had an adverse effect on their appetites. Though it wasn't as if mattered because the process of lining up for food was more of a social procedure than one made out of hunger.

From the murmurs that filled the spacious hall, it didn’t take much for anyone to figure out that the new kids were the talk of the town and despite the fact that it was unanimously agreed upon that the boys were all ridiculously good looking, charming and intelligent, Kim Soojung was the topic of debate. As usual, Joongki was correct and as he waited in line for his food, he watched as Soojung walked into the cafeteria, looking stunning in her navy uniform.

She looked refreshed and brighter than the night before but she retained that same quiet anger that he remembered. The tight-fitted blazer carved out her tiny waist as the pleated navy blue skirt accentuated her long, milky legs. She was definitely a sight to behold and as she waited in line, tapping her feet impatiently, Joongki smirked as the school’s bad boy strutted up to her.

When Soojung felt a tap at her shoulder she spun around, her brown locks whipping through the air. She raised a brow when she came face to face with a blonde haired boy. He wasn’t what she’d call handsome but he had charisma that surpassed what she could imagine.

“Hey.” His voice was a little too high for her liking and his smirk was too arrogant. She scoffed and turned back around but his hand closed around her elbow and she tossed another look at him. The coldness in her eyes amused him to no end – the girl was definitely something.

“Watch it, bad boy.” She eyed the hand on her arm and he let go almost immediately, cracking a grin at her fiery nature.

He brought his tongue over his teeth and his glistening fangs came through his gums. There was something so sensual about the way he did it that Soojung couldn't help but fix her eyes on him. This was the first time another man apart from the princes had showed her any attention and she didn’t realise how much she craved to be seen as a woman until now.

The first few classes had all been rather dry – the typical arithmetic, literature, science classes that you would take in any normal high school but Soojung noticed the murmurs and whispers that went on around her. She was the centre of the attention and despite the fact that she was being watched like an artefact in an exhibition, she liked it; she missed it.

After Jaehwa had joined the group so suddenly, all the attention and the care of the princes had diverted to the newcomer and Soojung was bitter about it. She had spent almost fifty years with them but not even that could amount to the value of Jaehwa’s five years being unhappily married to Sehun. It didn’t make sense to her at all.

Her eyes carved themselves into half moons as she smiled in a sickeningly sweet manner before she opened her full lips to reveal her own set of fangs. They gleamed under the white light and the bad boy tossed his head back laughing.

“I like you.” He made a very nonchalant nod of approval and she smiled the same sweet smile as her fangs retracted. Something about the wild look in his eyes made her want to associate herself with him just so she could get back at the princes. Now that they had to keep their identities a secret, none of them held any authority but this bad boy did – she sensed power, strength and danger within him.

She bravely extended a hand to him, “Kim Soojung.”

“Oh I know baby.” He his red lips as he touched her face, curling her hair behind her ear. He was clearly not interested in her handshake so she took her hand back but just as she did, he caught her wrist in an iron grip and tugged her into his chest. He had this gratifying smell about him – sweet and luscious.

“G-Dragon.” His lips brushed against the shell of her ear, sending electrifying vibes throughout her body.

Without giving her time to process what was happening, he stepped away and she stumbled a little.

“You’re beautiful.” He muttered as he stepped back to take her in, disregarding the onlookers in the cafeteria.

Soojung blushed at his statement and looked up at him from under her lashes, “Thank you.”

“Come sit with us, love.” He finally said as he stepped up to her again and swung his arm over her shoulder as though he owned her. She felt slightly unaccustomed to the amount of skinship he initiated but she was afraid to pull back because she told herself that no harm could come from just a few touches. He guided her vision to the table in the far corner of the cafeteria and waved coolly.

Suddenly, Soojung felt her stomach tighten uncomfortably because she realised that at the table sat some of the most beautiful people she had ever seen. She wanted to tell him that perhaps she would join them on another occasion but then Sehun walked through the door of the cafeteria and one look at him changed her mind.

He was a rugged type of handsome – tall, lean but awfully cold and indifferent. His beauty came from a sort of effortlessness – the way he left his shirt untucked, his top button undone, his blazer open, his hair ruffled but it was perfect because she knew it came from a deep-rooted yet silent manliness.

She realised how long it had been since she had last taken a good look at him and how much she missed him but despite his previous efforts to make it up to her again, she jus

Please log in to read the full chapter