Pursued By The Past

Lost In Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THREE

Pursued By The Past

 Bluebloods are a rare breed of Vampires that occur only within the royal family. They are a species of Vampires that possess traditional qualities with an added power of being able to control an element – a superior race to that of an average Vampire. Both a child of Hell and Nature, they must live a specific lifestyle of balance in order to survive in their youth – few grow to their full form.

The term ‘Blueblood’ was named after the discovery that the blood of any Blueblood dries blue.

During the reign of King Park Il Sung, there were thirteen Blueblood princes – twelve who had been crowned as the prodigal sons of their kingdom and one who had been left in the shadows.

That was the extent of Park Soojung’s knowledge of the history of her kind. She was only a young Vampire, fifty years to be exact and although she still struggled to control her bloodlust, things were starting to look up for her. She had adapted to the lifestyle pretty well due to her curious nature and for Lay, she had been one of the few humans who had happily turned into a Vampire.

“Breathe for me.” He said, closing his eyes as he monitored Soojung’s progress as of late.

Steady – still a little loud but nonetheless, steady. Vampires need not breathe but the way a Vampire took their breaths was always a sign of their internal balance and as of now, breathing was a good disguise for them when they were passing through checkpoints.

“Good.” He nodded, “Still a little loud but you’re steady.”

When she didn’t get up to leave after their usual check up had finished, Lay finished his notes in elegant script before turning to her again.

“Something on your mind?” He asked gently and she looked at him with eyes that clouded over with questions.

“I want to ask you something, oppa.” She curled her hair behind her ear and swallowed hard.

“Go ahead.” He snapped his diary shut and tucked it under his arm.

“Jaehwa.” She caught Lay’s eyes widen for a split second before his usual gentle façade reigned again, “Who is she?”

He adverted his gaze elsewhere and pressed his lips into a thin line, “I don’t know.” He rose to his feet and was about to walk out the door when she held onto him with a firm grip.

“I heard Sehun mumble the name in his sleep.” She whispered quietly, “He sounded like he was in pain.”

Lay closed his eyes and took a deep breath before he pulled his hand away, “We’re finished for today. Remember to take the blood slowly-“

“Lay.” She called to him in a pressing tone, standing before him with her determined gaze, “You’re the only one I can really talk to here. You know that. Sehun- h-he wouldn’t tell me. I’m just curious. All these years-“

Lay softened and took her by the shoulders, staring deep into her eyes with his gorgeous grey orbs, “It’s not that I don’t want to tell you but the story is not mine to tell. If you want to find out anything about Jaehwa, you’d better ask Sehun.”

“But-“

“Remember to pack – we’re leaving here tonight.”

She watched him walk out of her small room and sunk back into her seat. There were so many questions she wanted

Please log in to read the full chapter