Chapter 1

Chance to change

                It already a week for Kota teaches at Kiseki Gakuen but no change that he could do on the class. He arrives home and realizes his family members are not around. When he ask where are them, the maid says, “All of them have dinner at outside with Master’s friend while Karina ojou-sama in her room. She still hasn’t taken her dinner.”

                “Thank you for tell me and I already take my dinner before arrive home. You guys may rest when your works done until others arrive home.” say Kota. The maid bows to him and leave him.

                He goes to Karina’s room to check on her as he really wants to know what exactly happen to his younger sister. He sure something happen when he attended university because he stay away from his family to focus on studies and Karina was not like that before this.

                He knocks the door but no answer and he slowly open the door. He notices the room in dark condition. He gets into the room and could see Karina on her bed while playing with her phone. She doesn’t realize him as she really immerse with music from her phone. Kota a bit surprise to know Karina listen to metal songs as he thought his younger sister still with her variety of songs.

                Kota flips the lamp switch on and light fills the room while Karina surprise to see Kota in her room. She takes off her earphones and asks, “What are you doing here?”

                “I just want to check you. I thought normal schoolgirl would hang out with her friends until midnight and forget about their homeworks.” Say Kota.

                “I can’t be outside the house during night time too long or I will catch cold and I want to get enough rest for tomorrow.” Say Karina. Kota takes seat at chair in Karina’s room and decides to ask, “What happen when I’m not at this house?”

                “Nothing happen. I just decide to rebel when I get into high school as it really fun to do it.” say Karina.

                “But I thought your dream to fulfill whatever our parent wishes on you.” Say Kota.

                “I already decide to become myself as soon I get into the school. Now, get out from my room as I want to begin my revision alone.” Say Karina as she opens the door to lead Kota out from her room. Kota walks out from her room reluctantly and she bangs the door loudly which make him startled about it.

*******************

                Kota reads about Karina’s student profile at staff room during free period. He doesn’t see any weird about her profile; good in academic, never has discipline problems and the only problem is her health that he already know as Karina has weak body.

                “Why you read her profile? She is your sister, right?” ask Kei when notices Kota is holding Karina’s student profile. Everyone know about Karina and Kota related  after Karina scold him not to act as her older brother but no one ever dare to bring up that topic.

                “Yeah, she is my sister but she already change into someone that I don’t know. I think I need to learn to understand her back from basic. I want to understand why she becomes like that.” say Kota.

                “Ne, you want to know something interesting about her?” ask Hikaru. Kota change focus of interest to him and he says, “She’s actually transfer student from famous pre-college’s school. She gets transfer after she beats her teacher until he gets hospitalized for a month.

                Kota really surprise to hear it because he thinks Karina doesn’t have that great strength. Hikaru continues, “She get accept her because principal really impress with her performance from previous school and she also former member of genius development institute.”

                “I can believe about her performance before this but I don’t think she could beat someone that bad. I had tried her punch and it doesn’t hurt at all.” Say Kota.

                “Maybe something happen that makes her switch on. People always like that.” Say Kei.

                “Something happen? Don’t say that she hide something from everyone?” ask Kota.

                “Good luck for you to change them.” Say Yuya.

*******************

                Kota tries to figure out what happen to Karina before this but no answer even it almost a week. One day, he gets into the class and notice two from the members of the class is not around. He asks, “Where are Okamoto Keito-san and Yabu Karina-san?”

                “None of us know where they are.” Say Ryunosuke.

                “I think four of you will know.” Say Kota as he refers to Rin, Ryosuke, Yuri and Yuto.

                “They say that they want to skip school because Karina doesn’t feel really well. Keito really loyal to his lover ne; dare to be at her side.” Say Rin. Kota surprise to hear it and never think Karina will sick at time like that as she keep saying she need to take care of her health.

                “May I know where both of them go?” ask Kota.

                “Like hell we know.” Say Ryosuke and everyone in the class laugh. Kota thinks he knows which hospital Karina goes as she has insurance health card that is same with the one he has. He continue the class without ask anymore about earlier topic.

*****************

                He drives his car to familiar hospital as he knows he could find Karina there. He goes to reception and asks, “May I know is there any patient name Yabu Karina?”

                “Can I know who you are?” ask the receptionist.

                “I’m her brother, Yabu Kota.” Say Kota. The receptionist tells him the room number and he walks to the room. He slowly opens the door and sees Karina on the bed while Keito sit at her side.

                Karina really surprise to see Kota and asks, “What are you doing here?”

                “I get information that you don’t feel well and I think this the only place you will go. You should tell your family about it.” say Kota.

                Karina looks troubled to answer it and Keito says, “It because her own family never care about her. Someone like you.”

                “But you still use the card to get here.” Say Kota.

                “I don’t know other way.” Say Karina. Kota asks what make her get hospitalized and she says it just slight fever. That day, he also knows that Karina and Keito already in relationship since the first year of high school.

                “Do you want me to tell our parent about it?” ask Kota before leave the room.

                “Even you tell them, they would never care about me.” Say Karina. She pulls her blanket and covers her face. Keito pat Karina’s head while try to comfort her. Kota leaves the room but doesn’t leave the hospital building. He stays at waiting area while try to think about his younger sister.

                “Having trouble?” ask a girl as she gives canned drink to him.

                Kota look who is it and realize it is the one who take care the reception when he comes to find Karina. He takes the canned drink and says, “Arigatou.”

                “You must come from wealthy family, ne? Since your sister could come here by herself. Ah, my name is Naomi, Imai Naomi.” Say the girl named Naomi.

                Kota opens the canned drink and says, “Wealthy family? Maybe it can say like that since my oto-san is politician.”

                “Wah, you must never worry about anything that you want.” Say Naomi as she takes sip.

                “Maybe yes to me but not to my sister. She being ignores in my family but never tell anyone about her sadness. She changes when I’m not around and when I meet her back, she already becomes new person that I never meet.” Say Kota.

                “You should seek the answer by yourself. It’s okay if it slow in progress but when you get the idea of it, never jumps into stupid conclusion.” Say Naomi. Both of them talk for awhile before Naomi excuses herself to go back home.

*********************

                Kota asks maid to prepare changes of clothes for Karina as he doesn’t know what to pack for his sister. Mrs. Yabu asks, “Why you ask maid to prepare clothes for Karina?”

                Kota thinks whether he should tell his mother or not but then, he says, “Karina get hospitalizes because of high fever and she will stay there for several days.”

                “Even someone like her could get high fever?” ask her mother with irritated tone.

                “Oka-san, did you already forget that she has weak body? It’s not weird if she gets high fever but your actions that never care about her really piss me off. She already works really hard to cover everything that she feels.” Say Kota.

                “It’s all her fault to beat that sensei badly.” Say Mr. Yabu.

                “What make you believe that? She couldn’t even hit someone with her weak body.” Say Kota.

                “Don’t say that you believe her?” ask Mr. Yabu.

                “I know I’m not in position to talk with you about it but she still my younger sister.” Say Kota. The maid appears and gives the bag to Kota. He stands up and says, “I need to send this to her or she would not have enough changes of clothes.”

**************

                “See, I already told you that they would never care about it.” Karina response after Kota tells her about what happen.

                “They should a bit of affection to their child who actually get hospitalize because of high fever. It could affect your brain.” Say Kota.

                “You don’t have to tell me about it. I already learn about it when I’m in grade 1.” Say Karina. Kota only smile as he knows Karina actually already learn more than him in that institute before this.

                When Karina falls asleep, Kota and Keito go to hospital cafeteria to buy something to eat. They take place and Kota takes chance to asks, “What make you fall in love with my sister?”

                Keito glare at him and he quickly add, “I only want to know about it. Not as homeroom teacher but as a brother to Karina.”

                “I want to see her smile. If her own family can’t make her happy, I will make her happy as her image never suit with tears and sadness.” Say Keito before enjoy his food silently. Kota dumbfounded with it and he knows he should give up with what happen as it just a beginning.