Chapter 7

Chance to change

                Kota arrives at school early as he wants to prepare questions for upcoming test. He really focus doing that until a topic catch his ears, “EH?! Are you sure there are terrorist threats around this town?”

                He turns to Yuya and asks, “Where you hear that?”

                “I hear while I’m on the way here. It seems people keep talking about that matter.” Says Yuya as he spin around his whistle but that hit him for few times.

                Hikaru remember something, “Maybe that’s why one of your students absents these past few days.”

                “Ah! Do you mean Kurosaki Niji? I get inform that she’s sick that require her to stay home.” say Kota.

                “How you could know about that when you’re not their homeroom teacher?” Kei ask him.

                “She is lone-wolf but really popular among people because of her background.” Say Hikaru.

                Kota asks what kind of background that particular girl has and Daiki -in, “Her dad is superior in military service but super protective over her. Usually, when something like terrorist threat or crime happen around here, she will not allow to leave house for a while… that’s what I heard from students.”

                “It seems I have to make home visit to check on her.” Mutter Kota.

*******************

                “Then, why I have to follow you to do home visit? Just do it with your vice-homeroom teacher.” Groan Karina as he gets drag to a place.

                Kota timidly says, “I know you’re really good in dealing with people and just think this as your extra lesson.”

                Both of them arrive in front of a big gate that has dragon-craved and Karina says, “This house is being inherited by generation for many years. Kurosaki-san never complains anything about staying in this prison because everything is being prepared for her to ensure she’s in here.”

                “You’re well-inform about this?” Kota really surprise when his sister say something like that.

                Karina smirks, “Of course I know. I have my own way to get those information.” she nudges Kota a bit while saying, “Hurry up! Ring the bell!”

                Kota carefully rings the bell and a voice come out from an intercom, “Yes, can I help you?”

                “My name is Yabu Kota, Kurosaki Niji-san’s homeroom teacher. I’m here for home visit and send notes.” the sound from the intercom sound really scary for him.

                “Who you bring along?” Karina pushes Kota a bit before professionally reply, “Nice to meet you, I’m Yabu Karina. I’m sure you show my sensei way here as his direction instinct is not a good trait of him. I will excuse myself since I already make sure my sensei reach at the destination safely.”

                “Eh?! You’re not tag along with me to inside?” ask Kota in surprise.

                Karina points to a place where Keito already wait for her with his bike before says, “We already agree to go out today. Good luck for you.”

                Kota timidly walk into the compound after watch his sister left with her lover and the front gate being open. A maid welcomes him, “Madam already waits for you inside and I will lead the way.”

********************

                Kota feels that he really want to flee out from that place as the atmosphere become so awkward which a lady in kimono in front of him. That lady only introduces herself after maid finish serves their drinks, “I’m Niji’s mother, Minako. Thanks for take care of my daughter.”

                “Same here. I’m her sensei, Yabu Kota. I’m really sorry for making such a sudden home visit at odd time.” Say Kota with bow.

                He could only listen to Minako’s talking, “My husband really busy at the moment with what happen. He always want to make sure the country we live is safe from everything and the first step that he did is secure Niji at place that he truly believe safe. Even her older siblings has such a freedom, I don’t know why he would do that to her.”

                “I understand how he worries about Niji-san. I may sound weird but I also will make sure my sister safe from everything as I know she’s really fragile.” Say Kota. He talks with Minako for few minutes before that lady has to excuse herself since her meeting with her club will begin soon.

                Kota plans to excuse himself first but that lady says that he should check on Niji since that is his initial aim to get there. A maid show the way to Niji’s room and could hear loud music coming out from there. The maid could only say, “Niji ojou-sama always likes this when she can’t live the house. You can notify that you’re here by pushing that button. Excuse me.”

                It take a while before Niji opens her door and seem doesn’t surprise to see him there. She says, “I know you will come here because your sister informs me via mail. So, why you’re here?”

                Kota tries to think suitable words to describe why he’s there, “I’m here to send your lesson notes and somehow, check if you’re okay since I get inform that you’re sick.”

                “Yeah, I’m sick of this house. Even since kids, I never allow to go out play unless there is no one else there. I grow up without has anyone that could proudly call as friends. I really envy to watch how girls like me hang-out with their friends at mall, play bowling or just relax at any café that they found interesting. Anywhere that I want to go has to be with a person that will post as my guardian.” Say Niji.

                “You never have talked with your dad about this matter?” ask Kota.

                Niji shakes her head, “There’s no way he would listen to what I want. He prefers me to get locked in this compound forever. He did these because he still feels guilty on what happen?”

                “What happen?” Kota really curious to know what actually happen.

                Niji casually says, “In my 4th grade, I almost kill someone that I should call as classmate.”

                Kota really surprise to hear that and that cause chuckles from that girl, “I’m used to be cry-baby when I was kids and that make people think that I would never dare to do anything like that but they forget something; my oyaji popular as he creates monster that willing to do whatever as long it protect the country and he also create monster that sleeping inside me until that day.”

                “You’re not any monster.” Kota denies that.

                Niji walk to somewhere and open every windows in her room before says, “That what is used of these caged window? It really show how he afraid if I go out of control again. Every time something bad happen outside this compound, he will grounded me here.”

                “You know that you shouldn’t say like that. Maybe that thing happen on that time only happens you already keep it too long within yourself.” Say Kota.

                “Sensei…” Niji grab his attention first before continue, “You may not realize it but ever since kids, I have been exposes to military life where I watch cruel things have to be done to ensure peace will exist in that place. I grow up to become the most dangerous weapon or that is what they plan for me.”

                Kota doesn’t know what to response as it too much for him to digest. Niji bluntly says, “You don’t have to worry because I will return school later on and the monster inside me will stay asleep as long nothing stir up its sleep.”

**********************

                He can’t sleep on that night when remember back Niji’s words. It’s just too cruel for someone at her age to think something like that in serious manner. Usually, girls like her will never care over something like that. He stays at living room to stare at the decorated ceilings but soon, light suddenly rushes to his sight. He turns to see it is Karina and that girl says, “I only come down because I need something to drink.”

                “Karina-chan, what do you think about a person tells you that she has monster sleep inside her?” Kota asks that as he really needs answer for that to get to sleep.

                “It depends on the person who says it. Mostly may just joke around that give mean the monster that they’re saying just a delusion but in Kurosaki Niji’s case, that is something that really dangerous. Her eyes work really hard to hide the fact she has dangerous monster sleep inside her.” Reply Karina as she gets her drink.

                Kota surprise on how his sister know what he’s talking about, “I didn’t mention any names.”

                “The only person that will say something like that is her and if you realize, she never with anyone. That’s happen because of that thing.” Say Karina. She just walks away to get back to her room to continue her sleep.

****************

                 “So, how your home visit there?” ask Hikaru when Kota reach at staff room on the next morning.

                “Nothing special since I only there to send lesson notes.” Say Kota. He really doesn’t walk to talk about that matter. He knows he still needs to find out more about it before make any assumption.

                Suddenly, Yuto runs to the staff room and says, “Sensei, we in trouble! Kurosaki-san run away from the house and no one couldn’t detect where she is!”

                “How she could escape from that kind of place?” ask Kota in surprise.

                Karina appear and says, “It seem like she finally found hole in her house security and slip through it but that’s not the problem! We have to find her as soon as possible!”

                “We have to do it because of her scary father?” Kota makes guess.

                “No!” everyone surprise with Karina’s sudden burst but what she say next make everyone worry, “She will lose control and create more damage! She needs to be stop before things get worse!”

                Even before Kota stop them, both of those students already gone and same goes with 2-X. Yuya turn to him and says, “You better join them to search for her. At least, they are adult around if things get worse.”

************

                “Tell me again why I have to be with you?” ask Karina while type something from her laptop from her sear beside Kota in his car.

                Kota casually says, “You’re not allow to move freely yet and it is better to share ride with me. If I get choice, I prefer to search by foot.” He remembers something and asks, “Don’t Kurosaki-san has same things like what you used to detect Hayama-san before?”

                “Not this time as I thought she already has one from her own family but we have another way to do it… C-C-T-V!” say Karina. She finishes type something, “Yosha! I found her!”

                “Where?” ask Kota and Karina tell the location before inform to everyone in 2-X.

                When they arrive there, Karina ask Kota to stay by his car before carefully walk towards a corner. She calmly says, “I know you’re there, Kurosaki Niji-san.”

                “Don’t come closer!” says Niji but she sounds really hurt at that moment.

                “Hey! It just me! You know I won’t harm you as I’m totally incapable for that.” say Karina as she walks towards that girl.

                “I said don’t come closer! Just now, I almost beat up a man who tries to harass me!” Niji’s body shivering when remember back on what happen.

                Karina dashes to hug her and gently says to Niji’s ear, “I’m here to bring you back. You can survive all of this once you learn on how to control it. You’re not that monster that everyone is talking about because you’re Kurosaki Niji.”

                Niji raise her hand to hit Karina from the back but a hand stops her. She hears Rin’s voice, “Don’t break the trust that put on you as it may your only chance.”

                “I’m scared! I don’t want same thing happen again!” Niji’s voice breaks as her body collapse to the ground and she faint out.

                “Everything will be okay.” Say Karina as she also falls to the ground to soft-land Niji’s body.

                Kota dashes towards them and asks, “How’s she?”

                “She’s okay but she will have to face her consequence when she wakes up.” Karina gently laid Niji’s head to her lap but for some reason, her breathings become harsh. She hardly holds herself up to control the situation.

                Rin notice something and surprise, “Karina-chan, why you’re bleeding?”

                Karina checks her body and realize something, her blood stain her uniform, “Oh no! Why it has to be this?”

                Keito know what is mean, “Your wound hasn’t recovered yet?”

                “No way!” that makes everyone surprise with that blunt response of that girl before she collapse to the ground. Kota quickly make phone call for ambulance while others try not to panic with the situation.

***************

                Niji wonder if it is alright to come there after what happen. She stops at the door and keeps thinking about her decision to go there until Kota says, “It will be better if you just walk in. I’m sure she will happy to see you can go out again.”

                “Are you sure?” ask Niji. She knows that girl risk her life to rescue her.

                Kota opens the door and gently push her in before says, “Someone here to visit you.”

                “Why it always you, Kota-nii?” ask Karina, annoy with her brother’s presence there.

                “You should feel grateful that I come here to check on you when no one comes here.” Say Kota.

                Karina groan to hear that but as soon she notice Niji inside the room, gentle smile appear on her face as she says, “It’s good to see you’re okay.”

                “I’m sorry for causing trouble to you with my own selfishness.” Niji bow deeply as she feels really guilty on what happen.

                “Hey! It’s not your fault! It just my body like to play game with me. The surgical wound should already heal but it takes its own sweet time to do so.” Say Karina as she wants to lighten the tense atmosphere. She asks, “You come here by yourself?”

                “Yeah, my dad finally confident to let me to go out by myself but I’m sure his people is somewhere near me.” Say Niji.

                Kota already leaves the room earlier to give privacy for those girls to talk. Karina says, “I’m sure you will be fine when you put trust on people around you that earnestly care about you.”

                “You must found people that you really trust, right? You never say anything like that before as you always have some kind barrier between you with other people.” Say Niji. She adds, “I never think you will jump out to stop me. You prefer someone else to do that job as you really hate to risk yourself after that big case.”

                Karina casually says, “That may be true for the past me but there are something that make me change. I never imagine I will do that too.”

                “It seems your brother really give effect as our homeroom sensei.” Say Niji before giggle.

*****************

                “What have you been talking with Kurosaki-san? She looks really happy while walking out.” Say Kota when he returns back to the room.

                “Of course it is a girl’s talk.” Say Karina.

                Kota make sure everything is okay before says, “Make sure to get more rest to let the wound heal.”

                “Urusai! You better focus on preparing test paper since exam season will come real soon.” Say Karina that make her brother swear-drop; clearly show he totally forget about that matter.