Chapter 2

Chance to change

                Kota decides to check about what happen to his sister by visit Karina’s previous institute. He’s lucky as he know someone who works there. He park his car at visitor’s space and someone get near him before greet, “Yo, Kota. It really surprise when you suddenly want to come here.”

                “I’m here to ask something that involves my student... more accurately, my sister, Yabu Karina.” say Kota.

                “Oh, she is legend at here. They said that her performance at here could be said as non-human performance.” Say Taiyou.

                “Do you know who the teacher that gets beats by her?” ask Kota.

                “If you want to know about it, give me some times. It’s a bit hard to find about it as everyone seem want to avoid anyone touch about that topic.” Say Taiyou.

                “I could wait and when you manage to grab the information, call me.” Say Kota.

                “Why you work really hard for your student? It is because she is your sister?” ask Taiyou. He knows that Kota is not type of person who wants to get involve in other people’s business.

                “I just want to know the truth of it. What make people look her as failed product in society? I really want to help her to change it.” say Kota.

                After finish talk with Taiyou, he decides to visit Karina at hospital. Usually, she could get discharge 2 days after get hospitalize but this time, her high fever really serious and the doctor only le her out after she fully recover. He makes stop at a traditional Japanese sweets shop to buy sweets for Karina. He knows his sister always crave for sweets and the facts don’t change when he get into her room few days ago as he notice Karina keeps sweets in a container near to her study table.

*******************

                Kota gets into the room and notice Karina is alone in that room. He gets feeling her friends would come to visit her and he asks, “I thought you friends at here.”

                “They just leave. I tell them that I want to be alone.” Say Karina.

Kota looks into her eyes and notices that she like want to cry at that time. He put the paper bag on the table before says, “I bought sweets for you. I thought you would want it as you have to stay here for another few days.”

                “Arigatou, Kota-nii...” say Karina and her tears suddenly drop. Kota takes seat at her bed side and ask, “Why you suddenly cry?”

                “Kota-nii, why you still nice with me? Even no one in our family care about me. Why don’t you just follow them ignoring me for the rest of their lives?” ask Karina.

                “Because you’re my sister and also one of my students. Even I want to ignore you; I still need to face you. I also can’t ignore you because I know you have potential that no one have.” Say Kota as he pats Karina’s head. He knows Karina already keep those feeling for a long-period and it affect her own body.

                After Karina stop crying, she asks, “Do you really want to change those in 2-X?”

                “Of course I want to change them. Even it just little changes, I want them to face the society and proud with themselves. Only that, they could survive and enjoy their lives.” Say Kota.

                “It may hard to do it but I could see you will get what you want. You have good positive element that we always want.” Say Karina.

                “Positive element?” Kota can hardly understand what is mean by Karina before she explains, “Everyone around us keep bad mouth and create negative element but it can be neutralise when positive element get into them.”

                “Now, I can understand how you could become female leader in your class.” Say Kota.

                “My task is only to ensure they didn’t involve with bad things. My friends also do the same things as we really treasure everyone in 2-X.” Say Karina.

*********************

                After several days, he receives an envelope and notice it is from Taiyou. He carefully opens the envelope and takes out the file. He spend almost his whole weekend understand the content of the file but the result of it, he already predict it. He grabs his car key and leaves his room. Mrs. Yabu notices him and asks, “You want to visit Karina again today?”

                “Yeah, I need to talk with her about something.” Say Kota. He thinks his mom only asks out of things.

                Mrs. Yabu pass a paper bag to him and says, “Please bring this for her. I think she really needs it right now and no peeking.”

                “O-okay.” Reply Kota before leave the house. He really surprise when Mrs. Yabu asks him to send something to Karina. He wonders what is it but doesn’t dare to peek inside it.

                He gives the bag to Karina and she slowly opens the bag before surprise. She asks, “Are you sure this from okasama?”

                “Yeah, what she gave to you?” ask Kota curiously. Karina gives the bag to Kota and surprise as it is expensive herbs that could help Karina who has weak body. Kota says, “Maybe okasama still care about you but she’s too scared with otosama.”

                “A wife should follow all her husband’s orders, right?” say Karina while giggles. Kota smiles as it is his first time to hear her giggles after long time.

                “When you get discharge from hospital, I will bring you out to museums. I heard they will show about things that you like.” Say Kota. He knows Karina really like to go museum as she could learn many things from that place.

                “I don’t think I could go to museum again. I heard from doctor that I have diseases that can’t be cured.” Say Karina.

                “I think you heard about others patients as I also at there. If you leave this world, who would want to help me with 2-X class?” say Kota.

                “Even I still alive, I would never want to help you.” Say Karina while look at other place.

                “We will see about that.” say Kota as he pats Karina’s head. He could understand Karina could easily panic when it come to her health as she always get admit to hospital when she still kids but it become better as she grows up.

**********************

                Rin visit her on that day after school and bring cake for her. She asks, “Karina-chan, when you’re going back to school?”

                “I don’t know when I can get out from here. Our homeroom teacher already asks the doctor not to let me out from here until I fully recover. How’s school?” Say Karina.

                “Nothing interesting happen but everyone seem worry if you continue absent from school, those who always want to make problem will show themselves.” Say Rin.

                “Hey, Yuto-kun and the boys still come to school, right? There’s no need to worry about it.” say Karina.

                “He becomes leader of our class because you ask for it. He seem not care about it at all since he’s more to internal while you handle the external.” Say Rin.

                “Don’t use that term with me. Both of us have equal power in that school. I make him as leader because I know he could do something when needed. Eh?! You didn’t go out with him today?” say Karina as she knows the lover really hard to separate.

                Rin slightly blush before says, “He says to me that he want to go out buy something and ask me to wait at our house.”

                “Rin-chan, you always kawaii when shy.” Say Karina as she hugs Rin. She only smiles happily when she’s with her friends but never to anyone else.

                Someone get into the room and reveal it is Kota. He surprise to see Rin and says, “Ah, you also at here.”

                “What are you doing here, Yabu-sensei?” ask Rin.

                “I need to visit my younger sister and deliver lesson notes.” Say Kota as he takes out a file and put on the table. Karina lazily flip over the file before says, “Arigatou, Kota-nii. You should go out for date rather wastes your time at here.”

                “I’m here not just for that thing. I have something to tell you...” Kota can’t continue his words when realize Rin still in the room. Karina notice it and says, “If you want to say about what happen at that institute, I think Rin-chan have to hear it as she also need to know about it.”

                “It seems that tragedy was cause by your friend. She’s come from more influence family but she have short-tempered. That girl hit the teacher badly without realize it and you also at there. When everything ends, she put all the blames on you and report to the school management. Soon after that, that girl used her father’s power and money to expel you in order to put the blames completely on you. You never want to tell anyone about it because you have soft-heart and you don’t want to hurt them.” Say Kota.

                “Eh?! Is that true?” ask Rin but Karina shut . She doesn’t want to say any words about it.

                “Basically, that girl rescue you from being ually victim of that teacher and that’s make you zip your mouth until today.” Say Kota.

                Karina clutches her fists and grinds her teeth to control her anger. Rin notices it and slowly put her hand on Karina’s shoulder but it quickly retreat as she gets death glare from Karina. Karina asks, “So, you think by get the truth of that tragedy, everything would change?”

                “What I want to say right now, you shouldn’t let that thing distract your day.” Say Kota.

                “Leave me alone!” shout Karina. She covers her face with her left hand while her right hand point the door. Kota and Rin take their things and step-out from the room. They could hear Karina scream but none of them dare to get in there.

************************

                “Karina-chan always keeps her feeling even it hurt herself.” Say Rin while both of them walk to leave the ward.

                “I just want to understand her back as my sister before understand her as my student but it seem really hard for me to do.” Say Kota.

                “I think it is same but first time you need to do is open her heart. Even we’re her friends, it really hard to get close to her. She always stay at a corner and observe everyone in the class but she open to us for the first time when we get into big fight where everyone almost get expel.” Say Rin.

                “Is that during a student steal school’s money and they suspect someone from your class?” ask Kota. He knows about it as the teachers told her when go out for drink.

                “Yeah, the truth is, I really scared if I get expel as it really hard for me to get into the school. When principal almost announce to expel everyone in our class, she appear with evidence and the person who responsible on it. Everyone really surprise to know the person who did it as it is student from A class. Since that day, everyone see her as leader and 5 of us manage to close with her.” Say Rin.

                “That’s how you get close with her...” say Kota.

                “Everyone has the own way to open her heart.” Say Rin. Kota want to ask more about Karina but Rin already excuses herself and leave him alone.

                “Still have problem with your sister?” ask Naomi when Kota insert coins into vending machine to buy drink.

                “How you know?” ask Kota.

                “It written all over your face.” Say Naomi. Both of them buy drink that they want and take seats.

                “Why it really hard to look into someone’s heart?” ask Kota while finish his drink.

                “It because that person build wall around them but you could make them build bridge. It may hard to do but if you work hard for it, it will give good result.” Say Naomi before leave Kota alone. He look towards the ceiling and try to clear his mind.