Chapter 4

Chance to change
Kota gets ready for the school on that day and decides to check on Karina. She can’t go to school on that day as she can’t be wake and her body burning hot. He predicts that happen because she stay too long outside during night. He opens the door and sees his younger sister still asleep with cold patch on her forehead.

“Please help me to take care of her today. If her condition become worse, calls ambulance and bring her to hospital.” Say Kota to the maid that in charge of Karina.

He leaves the house and get in to his car to go to school. He knows that Karina and her friends would absent from school for awhile to avoid chaos at school. When he arrives at school, he could hear, “It seems we could relax for awhile because no one from those students could disturb us today.”

“Maybe we can make any problem that we want today.” Say the second student. Kota begin feel uneasy to hear the conversation.

He walk into staff room and says, “It seem students may run wild when those students are not around today.”

“They already wait for this day to come since there always one of them around this school.” Say Yuya as he arrives.

Kota doesn’t understand anything that Yuya says and Hikaru explain, “You should remember that they actually ruler in our school. Every punishment in our school is actually under their decision.”

“School without ruler is like country without king; thief could run freely without fear.” Say Hikaru.

“Who said they could run freely in this school today?” they really surprise to hear Yuri’s voice in front of the door. They look towards the voice and notices he with Yuto.

“How both of you could be here? You guys should be at your house right now.” Say Kota.

“And let they do whatever they want today?” guess Yuto and Yuri continue, “Of course we won’t do that. Since Ryosuke want to take care of Rin and Keito decide to drive around to kill time, both of us come here and I don’t want to escape today’s lesson.”

*****************

Naomi walks until she arrives in front of Yabu’s Household. She rings the bell and wait for reply before says, “I’m here to meet Yabu Karina. I want to send something to her.”

The maid opens the door and show the way for her to a room. She knocks before get into the room and surprise to see Karina sitting on the floor, listening to songs that may hurt certain people’s ear while let her tears drop. She tries to greet the girl, “Hello, Yabu Karina. Sorry for disturbing you.”

“Who are you? Why you’re here?” ask Karina who just realize there is someone else in her room and wipe her tears.

“I’m Imai Naomi. I’m working at hospital that you always go. I’m here to send this back to you as I think you drop this during you visit your friend.” Say Naomi as she put a small bag near to that girl. She says, “If you don’t want to see I’m here, I will excuses myself.”

“You should excuse yourself after you take a cup of tea. It’s rude not to serve drink for guest.” Say Karina. Even her face already pale, she still stands up to prepare drink for Naomi with things that she has in her room.

Naomi takes sip of her drinks and says, “It’s tasty. Thank you for serve it for me.” She looks at Karina’s face and shock as that girl suddenly cries. She thinks that she say something that she should not say at that moment.

Karina says between sobs, “It is first time for people to say thank you to me after that incident. People only look me as useless person.”

Naomi dashes to hug her and say it is a must to thank someone and that make Karina harder than before. She gets feeling the girl in her hug already keep the feeling inside her too long and couldn’t hide it anymore. After crying, Karina feels sleepy and Naomi helps that girl to go to her bed. Karina says, “Imai-san... thank you so much. I’m really happy to meet you today and I hope I could meet you again after this.”

“Of course you can meet again but you need to become healthy again. I leave my contact information on your table and feel free to get contact with me.” Say Naomi and Karina slowly fall asleep.

She leaves the room and realize that she spend too long in the girl’s room but she knows that need more than everything that she have; affection. She meets Kota when want to leave the compound and Kota asks, “What are you doing here?”

“Hm... just spending time with your sister. She looks strong but inside her, really fragile. You need to realize it because you’re her brother.” Say Naomi.

“I know but she hides it from me really well.” Say Kota. Naomi only bows to him and leave the place.

***************

“EH?! She still asleep?” asks Kota when the maid tells him that Karina asleep in her room.

“I don’t really know what happen but I could hear someone’s crying in her room when a young lady comes here to meet her.” Say the maid. Kota put his hand on his sister’s forehead and feels she’s already okay. His mind can’t stop thinking about a girl named Naomi as she always appear when he in doubts.

During dinner, he goes to dining table and notices his mom in middle of preparing something. He asks what she’s doing, “It is healthy food for Karina. She really needs it right now or she will keep staining our family’s name with her poor health condition.”

“Kota, I want you to tell the school that Karina will take leave for a month because I want to send her to overseas for better treatment at one of famous hospital.” Say Mr. Yabu and Kota surprise to hear it.

Kota remembers something and says, “But she will have exam in 3 weeks and that exam really important.”

“Let her do that exam there. I can’t afford to let her not to do it.” Say Mr. Yabu. Kota feels happy inside himself as he knows that her parent still care about Karina.

****************

“A month? That’s too long to take leave.” Say the principal. Kota says his father’s intention to him after staff meeting.

“I know but she needs to get treatment at overseas. It seems that my father already arranges everything for it.” Say Kota.

“If like that, I will allow it but she need take exam before she goes to overseas. I will pass the paper to you and I only hope you didn’t help her to answer it.” Say the principal.

“Don’t worry; principal. She won’t let me to do it.” Say Kota.

He returns to the staff room and everyone wants to know what happen. He only says, “My sister is going to take leave to take her treatment and she need to do it at overseas.”

“Wah, I want to go overseas too for holiday.” Say Yuya.

Kei smack him and says, “She’s going to get treatment not for holiday.”

***************

Naomi waits for someone at park as she gets mail that say someone wants to meet her. After few minutes, a big car attracts her attention and surprise to see it is Karina. Karina walks slowly towards her and says, “Arigatou for willing to meet me even you’re busy.”

“It’s okay as I have my day-off and good day to relax at this park.” Say Naomi.

Karina holds out small pouch towards Naomi while saying, “This is for you. I always make it but don’t have anyone to give. This as thanks from me because you accompany me.”

Naomi takes out what inside it and surprise to see it is bead bracelet. She says, “Wow! It’s beautiful.”

“I think I need to tell you that I will go overseas for a month start next week.” Say Karina.

“Just do the treatment and I will wait for you here.” Say Naomi.

Karina says, “I just want to ask a favour from you to take care of my brother while I’m not around as I get feeling he will get confuse when I’m not around.”

“Why you ask help from me?” ask Naomi as she clearly surprise.

“You’re the only person that I can ask favour from.” Say Karina and Naomi promise that she will do what she could do. Both of them spend time together for awhile until the driver come to bring Karina back home.

*****************

That night, Kota brings her to visit Rin at hospital. Rin’s condition already stable and her wound already close but still need to stay at hospital for observation. They get into the room and see everyone’s there.

“Rin-chan, how you feel today?” ask Karina as she gets near to the bed.

“Feeling better. Ne, I heard you will go to overseas.” Say Rin.

Karina looks at Kota and says, “News travel really fast.”

Keito hugs Karina and says, “Eh, you’re going to leave me here alone? I want to follow you to overseas.”

“If you follow me, whose going to take care of the school?” say Karina. Kota get near before broke the hung and says, “Don’t think you could hug my sister in front of me.”

“Wow, protective brother.” Tease Yuri.

“I think it will be hard for Keito to get married with Karina-chan in future.” Say Ryosuke.

“You need to do many works just to make Yabu accept you.” Say Yuri.

Kota surprise to hear the words and says, “No! She can’t get married! She still immature!”

Karina shakes her head and says, “They’re just teasing you, Kota-nii and you don’t have to work out for that. I couldn’t believe you can easily believe on something that far from now.”

“Of course I could easily believe you because you’re my sister.” Say Kota.

**********************

Kota also applies leave for awhile in order to take care of Karina while she’s taking her exam. He a bit surprise to see his sister manage to answer all the paper only several minutes. Even for someone like him, he would take the whole time to answer the questions.

Karina put the last paper aside and says, “Kota-nii, I already finish answer it.”

“That’s fast.” Say Kota as he takes the answer sheet. He put everything in an envelope and seals it. “I will send this tomorrow to the school and you can relax until your treatment end.”

“Do I really need to take the treatment?” ask Karina as she return to her bed and the maid fixes blanket on her body.

“Oto-sama already manages everything. It shows that he ready to accept you back into this family.” Say Kota. Karina only groans as she turns her back and closes her eyes to get some sleep.

***************

Kota focus on his work during free period at his table and Yuya get near, “Wow, you already done marking Karina’s paper.”

“Yeah, since I really curious to know her mark and it really surprising as it better than I think.” Say Kota.

Students run to staff room and says, “Yabu-sensei, something happen! Those students want to do something at 2-X.”

Kota gets bad feeling and notices his family’s car at school compound. He rushes to 2-X to check what happen but he can’t get into the class. The door being block with something and he try to broke the door. He dashes to the door and someone open the door that makes him face-planted on the floor. He stands up and asks, “What are you guys doing here?”

“We make small party for Karina.” Say Yuto.

Kota checks where Karina is and notice her sits on the chair. She seems relax and no sign of bad things happen. Then, Kota knows what happen; they make party on that day as they know that Karina will need to get into hospital on the next day for examination before go to overseas. He just let they do whatever they want as they want.

Yuto give a cup of drink to him and says, “It must be hard for you to handle her since she is your student and also your little sister.”

“Arigatou.” Say Kota as he gets the cup. He takes sip and says, “It is harder when you want to help the person to gain back trust from someone else.”

****************

During the day that Karina leaves Japan, the whole 2-X come to airport to send her. Karina smiles and says, “I just go there for awhile and will return as soon the treatment end.”

“But our school will have no leader.” Say one of her classmate.

Karina giggles and says, “Hey, we still have leader.” She lightly punches Yuto’s shoulder, “Right, Yuto-kun? I hope you guys don’t forget that he is our leader.”

“I’m not great leader like you. You could easily give order to everyone without care of anything except success. I’m afraid to do it.” Say Yuto.

Karina asks him to open his hand to her and he does it. She put a bracelet on his palm and says, “I always use this when want to give order because I also afraid while doing that. Just believe in yourself and everyone.”

“Wow, you sound really like oto-sama.” Say Kota.

“Of course because that is what he told me when I was little girl. I asked oto-sama how he could become great politician and I got the answer. Yuto-kun, if you still afraid, you discuss with others to get the best answer.” Say Karina.

“Wow, you really sound like leader of a big group.” Say Naomi. She also there to send that girl as she wants to make sure Karina is safe before get on plane.

“If you want to know, 2-X is my group. We share everything together.” Say Karina. Kota could only look from far as he knows his sister love people around her more than everything and their parent already realize it. What left for him to do, understand everyone in 2-X class.