Chapter 3

Chance to change

                 Finally, Karina get discharge from hospital and her friends decide to celebrate it at a family restaurant. They plan to go for karaoke but Karina really hates it. Ryosuke come out with plan to go more stylish place but Karina says that she want to celebrate it at cheap family restaurant.

                “So, you will go to school next week?” ask Rin. She can’t wait for her best friend to come back to school and busy take care the school again.

                “If everything okay, I will go back to school next week and I hope everyone would be ready to punish those who want to stain our school’s reputation.” Announce Karina. Everyone nods their head without want to object it as they know what is mean by Karina.

*********************

                “EH?! We don’t punish those who make discipline problem?” Kota really surprise to hear it when he goes out drink with his colleagues.

                “Yeah, it seem higher people in our school really trust that group as they only punish everyone who really make problem as they will look for information from the tiniest piece.” Say Hikaru.

                “No one ever wants to accuse them and it really surprising to everyone. Everything begins after your sister brings out the thief who stole the school money.” Say Kei.

                “How about others?” ask Kota.

                “If they really make effort, their result top among the top. We had done IQ Test before and all of them score higher than usual student but they like to fool around.” Say Yuya. Then, everyone begin talk what happen that had been done by that group to Kota. Kota begin understand why people begin see Karina as delinquent even she doesn’t have attitude as one of it.

                Kota drives back home and notice Karina sit outside a convenient shop. He makes a stop near her and asks, “Why you’re alone? Where are your friends?”

                “All of them already go back home. Keito-kun offer to send me back but I want to spend time alone while see the sky. It feels really weird when it looks really different even it is same sky.” Say Karina while look upwards.

                “I thought you don’t want to torture your body at time like this.” Say Kota as he refers to the time that already dark. He parks properly his car before join Karina and try to over jacket to her but that girl ignores his jacket.

                “If I go home right now, they will ask many things to me about where I have been.” Say Karina. She already uses something to cover as it getting cold.

                “Don’t worry about it because I will help you to face them.” say Kota. Kota says that both of them should go back home and that girl doesn’t have other choice not to accept it. Karina falls asleep while on the way back home.

*************************

                When Monday come, Kota get ready for school and take his breakfast even know his sister will not join them. He asks his dad, “Otosan, don’t you feel that you want to eat breakfast with everyone at same table?”

                Mr. Yabu take sip of his coffee and says, “Ask her to prove herself is not useless person that only know to stain our good reputation.” Mr. Yabu leaves the table for work and that Kota smiles. He tries to figure out what he could make Karina prove who is her but it meet end as he knows that girl will see through it.

                He leaves the house and notice Keito in front of the house with his bike. He asks, “What are you doing here, Okamoto-san?”

                “Of course to wait for my lover. I want to make sure she fully recover and go to school.” reply Keito and smile when see Karina leaves the house.

                “Take care of her.” Say Kota.

                “You don’t have to say it to me.” Say Keito. He helps Karina to wear helmet and get on the bike before leave for school.

************************

                Kota walks straight to staff room and everyone talk about his sister’s return. He smiles to hear it and get good feeling for the day but it only stand for awhile. Suddenly, someone runs to the staff room and says, “Yabu-sensei, some of 2-X students suddenly storm to class 3-A and any fight would happen soon.”

                “WHAT?!” Kota really surprise to hear it and dashes to the target class. He asks in loud voice, “WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN THIS CLASS? RETURN BACK TO YOUR CLASS.”

                “Urusai, we’re here to punish troublesome student. If he only wants to mess around, he better quit from this school.” say Ryosuke as he grab someone’s collar.

                “What do you mean by this?” ask Kota. Rin gets near to him and shoves a paper to his face. He read it before realize that the student that them handle always beat innocent people with his delinquent friends that already drop out. He shouts, “It doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want to do.”

                “Do you already forget that we can do whatever we want, sensei?” ask Rin.

                “But you need to discuss with teacher first before do anything.” Say Kota.

                “Teacher like you would only stand at side and watch it without want to say anything.” Say Yuri. Kota wonders why Karina only watch them from side without want to say anything. He realize that Karina always at scene but rarely say anything to control them.

                Kota quickly pulls off the fight when it turns worse and it ends like nothing happen. He begins worry if something would happen next time. He asks Karina about it and his sister only reply, “I know nothing about it.”

                “Why you seem doesn’t have any interest with what happen?” ask Kota when he gets time alone with Karina.

                “Doesn’t have any interest never mean that you know nothing about it. People tend to hide what they know.” Say Karina. She leaves Kota without want to listen her brother’s questions and Kota could see her smirk as she walking away.

******************

                Kota takes his breakfast while reading newspaper on few days after that tragedy and notice tiny news report about a group of delinquents being caught by police after make disturbance at public place. It also include a picture of them that also have picture of senior that being expel from the school. It just lucky as no school name being mention in that report which makes Kota suspects something.

                “What did you guys done?” ask Kota to six of them in meeting room. Six of them being call to that room to give personal space to discuss about what he read this morning.

                “Done what?” ask Yuto.

                “You expel one of your senior and he get caught by police tomorrow.” Say Kota.

                He really surprise when hear response from Keito, “Finally, it really hard to convince the police for not to make any action until we settle things here.”

                “What do you mean by that? Karina, explain to me as you’re the leader.” Say Kota.

                Karina fixes her sitting position before says, “We already give him enough time... almost 5 months to leave the gang as they involve with drugs but he didn’t want to listen to us and that happen; like what you read in newspaper this morning.”

                “How you know I read it?” ask Kota as he knows they think he knows it from everyone in staff room.

                “You eyes like what to get off from the socket when you read the news and I was on the way to send tray to kitchen. So, can we go back to our class?” Say Karina. She completely bored to talk with him and Kota completely mad to see everyone’s attitude at that time; Rin sit on Ryosuke’s lap and have lovey-dovey moment, Keito who busy listening to music, Yuri reading manga, Yuto who begin tap the table and Karina who never care about it.

                “I want all of you repent in this room until the school end and write it on the paper.” Say Kota before leave the room.

*********************

                “Do you think they will stay in that room and prepare essay like what you want?” ask Yuya.

                “I only want to change them. I respect their ability but they need to do it in right way.” Say Kota. He leans on his chair and try to calm himself to avoid he throws tantrum.

                “You don’t want to check on them to ensure they stay in that room?” ask Hikaru.

                “I don’t think...” Kota couldn’t finish his words as someone dashes into the room. The student tells something that makes Kota rushes to leave the staff room. The meeting room already turn into mess as big fight happen in that place. Kota step-in the fight to stop them but he get punch by someone and lost conscious.

********************

                Kota opens his eyes and realizes that he already at other place. He wakes up and asks, “What happen?”

                “You faint after get punch.” Say Naomi.

                He clearly surprise to see Naomi at that place, “Why you’re here?”

                “Oh, I’m here to send something to my friend, Dai-chan and saw you being carried here. I heard you suddenly step-in. I think you know it really dangerous to do that.” say Naomi.

                “I don’t think of anything. I only want to stop the fight.” Say Kota. He wakes up and Naomi passes a glass of water for him. He realizes something and asks, “Where is Daiki?”

                “Oh, he said that someone badly injured in that meeting room and he needs to send that person to hospital. He asks you to make phone call to him after you awake.” Say Naomi. Kota quickly make phone call to Daiki and rushes to hospital as Daiki ask him to go there.

                He worries if it is Karina as that girl not like usual person but his thought being thrown to drain after see Karina leans against the glass window. He asks, “Who is actually badly injured?”

                “Who knows that among seniors who attack us just now, one of them has knife? Rin-chan get stab because she doesn’t want me become the one who receive the attack.” say Ryosuke. He face-palm and begin panic until the boys ask him to relax.

                Kota gets near to Karina and asks how it happens. Karina only says, “They must really hate us and maybe... they actually intend to kill us. Ah, I feel really stupid right now. I already see he take out the knife but too scared to warn someone.” Karina wants to punch the window but Kota quickly grabs her hand.

                He says, “It would never give any profit if you only injure your body. For now, we can only wait for the doctor.”

                He watches Karina takes seat but she walk to other place few minutes after that and quickly follow her. Karina turns to him and asks, “Do you have extra change?”

                “For what?” ask Kota and receive reply, “I want to buy drinks for them but I don’t have enough money.” They buy drinks for everyone and return to waiting area before gives the drinks. Kota wants to ask them to return to school but Karina already tells that they want to wait for their friend.

                After 2 hours, the doctor leaves the emergency room and reports everything to Kota. It seem the stab almost make Rin into critical condition but the doctor manages to do safe her. Kota says, “We need to tell her parent about it. Do you know where she lives?”

                “She lives together with me.” Say Ryosuke and Karina say, “I know where to find her parent but you need to get ready for everything.”

*****************

                “EH? Her parent is famous people?” Kota really surprise when arrive in front of big mansion.

                “Yeah, her dad is political person like our so-called dad. You should get ready as her dad is super strict person. If he knows what happen to Rin-chan, he may make you quit your job and you don’t have to worry; you still have work at Yabu’s Group.” Say Karina.

                “Do you really hate your brother become teacher at your school?” ask Kota.

                “It just early warning as no every political person like our dad.” Say Karina. Both of them get into the house and tell their intention to meet Mr. Walker before a maid escorts them to a room.

                Kota already nervous to see a man who almost looks like ex-wrestler, doing his works at his table and he froze at his standing place. Karina has to push him to make him walk a bit as she says, “We’re apologize to disturb you at busy time like this but we need to inform you about something.”

                “Please take your seat. Are you wanted to tell me that my daughter in hospital right now?” Mr. Walker hit straight to their guts and Kota couldn’t say anything.

                Karina takes a look at her brother and leave out huge sigh before begin her words, “Yes, we are really sorry about what happen and decide to meet you like this. If you think to ruin those who stab your daughter, please put the blame on me. It happen because of my stupidity for not give warns to my own friends.”

                Mr. Walker stands up from his chair and walk around the room. Kota’s mind begin imagine bad things that will happen to both of them. Mr. Walker says, “Yabu Karina, this is not our first time to meet each other and our meeting never bring good meaning. You really different from your parent.”

                “Of course, my parent is my parent and I am me. I will be myself without care what people think of me.” Say Karina.

                Kota thinks Mr. Walker will scold for her rudeness but that middle-age man laugh before says, “I really impress when see you didn’t even scared to face, unlike your brother.”

                “It really important to read your opponent; that’s what you taught me and how you know he is my brother?” say Karina. She remembers that she didn’t introduce Kota to Mr. Walker.

                “They told me that you come with your homeroom teacher and I heard from Rin that he is your brother. You don’t have to worry about it as I already manage everything for my daughter. Both of us will visit her tomorrow after our works end.” Say Mr. Walker.

                “Busy with your new project?” ask Karina.

                “You know it better than my own daughter. This time, this project will give big benefit to everyone and I know you will like the project.” Say Mr. Walker.

                “I’m looking forwards for it.” say Karina.

                Both of them leave the mansion and Kota really surprise to see her sister at that day. He says, “You totally different from what I used to see.”

                “Every people have their own mask and I’m a person who has several masks that I used to cover my face. Maybe you will manage to open my mask but remember that there will be another mask underneath it.” say Karina before they get into the car. Kota drives the car and wants more explanation but his sister already in deep sleeps as she really tired for that day. On the way to go back home, Kota notice something on dashboard and it is paper of essay that he asked them to do.