17 Years Old

One Day, Ten Years

No awkwardness surrounded the two boys after the kiss. In fact, it was like it never had happened.

But to Luhan, it felt like Sehun’s lips still were burning onto his own. He touched his lips every night, as if he could touch Sehun’s lips.

~*~*~

On Sehun’s 17th birthday, Luhan decided to call him.

“Hello?” Sehun sounded tired and Luhan wouldn’t be surprised if he had woken him up.

Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday dear Sehun! Happy Birthday to you~” Luhan sang to Sehun.

It shocked Sehun to hear the soft voice Luhan had while he was singing. This boy could probably manage to do everything perfectly. Sehun wondered how he did that.

“Thanks” Sehun chuckled as he made a memory-note in his head to call Luhan for his birthday.

“Did you get any gifts? A cake?” Luhan sounded more excited than Sehun was.

“A cake; my mum and Hyerin did one for me” Sehun sighed and put his free hand in the pocket of his jeans. “Jongin is throwing a surprise-party for me. I’m not supposed to know about it but Chanyeol told me about it”

Luhan smiled. “How fun”

“Not exactly”

A silence was thrown over them. They were both thinking about the kiss. They didn’t know what it was; but something happened between them that day.

The feelings for Luhan had gotten stronger each day and Sehun thought about a conversation he had had with Chanyeol just a few days ago.

If he didn’t want to lose Luhan, he would have to confess to him.

“Ehm… Luhan” Sehun began to speak.

“Yes” Luhan sounded as cheerful as always “What is it?”

The courage Sehun always had when he was talking to Luhan disappeared and Sehun felt how his heart was pounding faster.

His voice was shaking and so were his legs. Sehun had to sit down to not fall onto the floor.

How do you confess when you’re not sure about your feelings?

“Thanks for calling and singing to me” Sehun said instead.

They ended the phone-call with a small round-up and hung up not long afterwards.

~*~*~

“Why do you make it so hard for yourself?” Chanyeol had one day asked.

Sehun shrugged and stomped out the cigarette. “It’s not as simple for me as it is for you. You’ve already have had with Baekhyun and he knows about your feelings already. Hell, I think he knew about them before you did”

Chanyeol chuckled and took another blow on his cigarette once more. They both knew that it was true. Even though Baekhyun pretended that he didn’t know about the feelings of either himself or Chanyeol. When they were close to each other; Baekhyun was constantly searching for Chanyeol’s hand as if Chanyeol was his only safety.

“Why don’t you make Luhan understand how you’re feeling?” Chanyeol stomped out his cigarette, even though he only had smoked on the half of it.

“I’ve kissed him, last summer.” Sehun looked away. “Ever since then; I’ve been thinking of him. More than ever before”

Chanyeol placed his hand on Sehun’s shoulder, making the shorter boy to turn on his head and look straight into Chanyeol’s eyes.

“Then, tell him how you feel. Before it’s too late and someone else has confessed to him” Chanyeol playfully hit Sehun on the upper-arm. “And don’t, for the sake of God, ever let Jinri take you”

~*~*~

Luhan sat down in the school-cafeteria together with Minseok and Minseok’s new friend Jongdae. The two boys had gotten close to Jongdae during the past months.

Minseok had started to date Sunyoung, but they never spend time together when people could see them. Luhan didn’t know why but the thought that they were cute together.

“I…” Luhan took a sip of his glass of milk. Still thinking weather this is a good idea or not. “… I think I’m…”

Now, Jongdae and Minseok were both looking at Luhan. They were waiting for what Luhan was going to say.

But how do you tell your two best friends that you’re possible homoual? There are no good ways in saying that. Maybe Yixing would understand better.

“I’m…” Luhan swallowed, still debating if this was right or wrong.

“I’m in love with someone” he finally said.

Jongdae let a wide smile being formed on his lips, but he didn’t say anything. Minseok ruffled Luhan’s hair.

“I’m so happy for you” Minseok pressed his cheek on Luhan’s very hard. “Tell me, who is it?”

The excitement in Minseok’s voice and the way he seemed to search for that person in the cafeteria made Luhan insecure again. Maybe he shouldn’t say that right now.

Luhan shook his head. “I can’t say that right now”

~*~*~

The same evening, Luhan called Yixing. He told his Chinese friend everything about Sehun. Yixing knew about the kiss and how Luhan felt for Sehun so it wasn’t weird for Luhan to tell Yixing more.

“Well, since Sehun was the one who initiated for the kiss, it must mean that he feels the same for you” Yixing said.

Luhan felt much more at ease when Yixing said that.

“I think you should tell him how you feel” Yixing continued “Don’t wait any longer. Tell him as soon as you meet him next summer”

Luhan agreed and they changed the topic to Yixing’s love-life.

~*~*~

Luhan had only been in Busan for thirty minutes when he closed the door behind him to Sehun’s room and gave his friend a serious look.

Sehun was reading a comic-book and didn’t seem to pay any attention to Luhan at all.

“Sehun…” Luhan bit on his lower lip. “We need to talk”

Sehun looked up from his comic-book. “What is it?”

Luhan sat down on the bed next to Sehun’s feet. Sehun sat straight up in the bed, placed the book next to him and looked at Luhan.

“I’m scared to say this.” Luhan swallowed. “But during this year, I’ve been thinking a lot about you and me. And the kiss we shared together last summer. I’ve come to realize that I have some very strong feelings for you, Sehun. I think I love you. And I’ve been so scared of telling you this, since I know that you might think I am weird for being gay and such. But I’m even more afraid of leaving Busan and know…”

Luhan stopped talking to dry the salty tears on his cheeks before he continued:

“… and knowing that I never will feel the same as I feel when I’m with you”

Sehun, who had gotten closer to Luhan as he spoke, leaned closer towards Luhan and kissed the baby-faced boy. This kiss was different from the one last year. They seemed more comfortable with each other. It was more romantic and Luhan could feel the love coming from Sehun’s lips and touched his own.

“Lu Han…” Sehun smiled and kissed Luhan’s cheek. “I love you”

~*~*~

The two boys were lying in the bed; Luhan was lying on top of Sehun. They were passionately kissing each other and it looked more like a make-out-session than normal kissing.

But suddenly, Luhan stopped and sat up. Sehun followed Luhan’s movements and let Luhan place his head on Sehun’s shoulder.

“Is something wrong?” Sehun Luhan’s soft hair.

Luhan shook his head. His mouth tasted like nicotine. It was obvious that Sehun was smoking, probably a chain-smoker as well, but he never smoked around Luhan. And Luhan liked it; he didn’t care if Sehun was smoking as long as he didn’t see it. And he didn’t care about his mouth tasting like nicotine, it tasted like Sehun.

“Can I call you my boyfriend?” Luhan asked shyly.

Sehun lifted Luhan’s head and cupped his hands around his cheeks and looked deep into Luhan’s eyes.

“Off course” Sehun said and kissed Luhan once more.