12 Years Old

One Day, Ten Years

Sehun and Luhan were both born in the same year and same month. Only a few days parted them for being born on the exact same day.

Sehun was born on April 12th while Luhan was born in April 20th.

On Sehun’s 12th birthday did all his friends visit his home, well, all friends except did come except for Luhan.

They had a big party at the bowling-hall with delicious food and a big cake and Sehun received many gifts.

Even though Sehun was at the party physically, he wasn’t there mentally. He was constantly thinking about Luhan, wondering what Luhan was up to at that moment and when Luhan’s birthday was.

Sehun had tried to convince his mother to invite Luhan was well but he knew that it wouldn’t be possible because they lived so far away from each other.

At times Sehun could wonder how a person he only had met twice could take over his mind completely. There wasn’t a second in which Sehun spend with not thinking about Luhan or missing him. He would always miss Luhan.

 Luhan’s year wasn’t as bad as the last one. A chubby kid, who introduced himself as Minseok sat down next to Luhan on a lunch-break in school.

Minseok also began to help Luhan with the Korean language.

“Why is it so important for you to speak Korean perfectly?” Minseok had one day asked.

Luhan shrugged, as if it really didn’t matter. “I want to impress a friend I only meet once every year”

Minseok smiled and once again picked up the book with the Korean alphabet. “In that case, let’s continue to study”

~*~*~

It was the day before Luhan was travelling to Busan and he could hear his mother speaking to someone in the phone.

Someone he also wanted to speak to.

“Yes, Ms. Oh, we have all stuff packed and we’re leaving tomorrow” his mother said.

Luhan smiled to himself, he would finally be able to meet Sehun for a longer time than one day.

“How abou-“Chun wasn’t able to finish that sentence before Luhan slammed the door open and took the phone.

“Hello, Ms. Oh. It’s Luhan” Luhan playfully winked towards his mother. “Is Sehun there? Can I speak to him?”

“He’s currently packing. Let’s see if he wants to speak to you for a few minutes” Sehun’s mother said and Luhan heard how she began to call for her son.

Not long after Luhan heard a familiar voice on the other end of the line. “Hello? Luhan?”

“Hi!” Luhan is almost yelling to Sehun.

“I’ve missed you so much” Sehun said.

Luhan smiled. “Me too, or I mean. I’ve missed you too”

“Your Korean has improved so much!” Sehun suddenly exclaimed.

Luhan chuckled and nodded, even though he knew that Sehun can’t be able to see the nod. “Thanks, I’ve been practicing hard”

“I’ve noticed that” Luhan hoped that Sehun was smiling on the other end of the line, because he was smiling big to himself.

~*~*~

Luhan doesn’t remember how long he and Sehun had been talking in the phone, but suddenly had Jonghyun taken the phone from Luhan’s hand and put it to his own ear.

“Hi, Sehun. Luhan can’t talk any longer. We’ll see you tomorrow” Jonghyun said “Chun wants to speak to your mother… Uh-uh, good bye”

Luhan kicked Jonghyun on the leg as hard as he could and Jonghyun grabbed Luhan’s wrist.

Tears were formed under Luhan’s eyelids due the pain when Jonghyun tightened his grip around Luhan’s wrist.

“Let me go! You’re not my father!” Luhan yelled and ran back to his room.

“I know I’m not! But as long as you’re living under my roof you better behave!” Jonghyun yelled after Luhan as Luhan slammed the door closed into his room.

No one would ever understand how much Luhan actually hated Jonghyun.

~*~*~

“Are we soon there?” Sehun asked for the fifth time the following morning when they were travelling by car to Busan.

“In fifteen minutes, my dear” Sehun’s mother replied with a small chuckle.

Sehun began to jump impatiently and looked out of the window. The environment around him was so familiar. He had seen those trees for many years, but this year would be different. This year Luhan would see all the things he had been seeing for so many years.

“Why do you feel so close to Luhan?” Hyerin asked.

Sehun shrugged. “He is special compared to other friends I’ve had. I want to believe that Luhan is something of a twin-soul”

Sehun’s mother chuckled once more. “I think they are twin-souls”

“Or soulmates” Hyerin joked with Sehun.

~*~*~

Sehun and Luhan were sitting together on the grass while playing on their Nintendo DS. Hyerin were watching Chanyeol and Sehun’s mother were happily speaking to Luhan’s mother and stepfather.

“Look!” Sehun showed his silver-colored console to Luhan. “I leveled up”

Luhan smiled and showed Sehun his console. “I’m at level twenty-seven and you?”

Sehun began to gaze over the game to find the small box were the level was being written in. “Only level twenty-three”

Sehun pouted disappointed towards Luhan, who only imitated Sehun’s look on the face.

“Hey do that again!” Sehun said once Luhan returned to his concentrated face.

Luhan blushed and shook his head. “No”

“You looked cute”

“Hence I don’t want to do it again”

Sehun gave Luhan a serious look. “Luhan… you’re really adorable”

Luhan shook his head once more. “No! I’m not”

Luhan lightly hit Sehun on the shoulder and turned his focus on the game instead of Sehun’s arguments for Luhan to look a bit cute once more.

Luhan hated being called cute.

~*~*~

One week passed on really fast for Sehun and Luhan. They spend time together every day with a lot of activities.

Swimming, shopping, eating ice-cream, ride bike, soccer and other things. They did everything together for that week and they grew a lot closer than they ever had been before.

Since they had become much closer now, saying good-bye was even harder for them this time.

After hugging for five minutes, Luhan was being pushed away from Sehun by Jonghyun.

“Let me go” Luhan began to hit in the air to show his disagreement but Jonghyun didn’t care.

“We have to go now” Jonghyun slowly scuffed Luhan into the car.

“Good-bye, Sehun! I’ll see you next year” Luhan closed the door to the car and waved to Sehun.

A tear fell down from both boys cheeks once the car left the camping, they knew that it would be a year until they would meet each other again.