14 Years Old

One Day, Ten Years

When people turn fourteen, they hit the most complicated age in life. They want to act like adults and doing the same thing the older students in high school does; partying, smoking, getting a partner, lose ity and so much more.

Sehun hit some kind of identity-crisis; Jongin began to go on different parties with the other friends they had. Sehun disliked the parties so much, he hated the smell of alcohol and what the drinks does to people. Jongin found it funny, he liked the excitement in sneaking out late in evenings every Friday-evening to go to some party.

Since Sehun never went to those kinds of parties, he often turned into the excuse. Jongin always told his parents that he would go have a sleepover at Sehun, since his parents knew Sehun very well they believed in that and didn’t even bother with calling them in the middle of the night.

Sehun also noticed that Jongin showed big interests in Soojung.  He flirted with her a lot, but Soojung didn’t seem to notice it though. She was being busy with giggling with Jinri, which was what Sehun believed that they were doing every single day.

Luhan noticed a big change in his health. His breathing got even worse and the asthma-medicine didn’t help him as much as it did before. Minseok noticed that Luhan didn’t have as much energy as before either. But when Luhan tried to tell them at home about this sudden change, Jonghyun just told Luhan that he did it for attention.

The first hit came on Luhan’s cheek a Friday evening. Luhan had been fighting with Jonghyun, who had been taken a couple of glasses wine more than he should. The stepfather thought that Luhan was provoking him and hit him on the cheek.

Luhan ran away from home and lived at Minseok’s place for a week until Jonghyun explained for Luhan that he had been drunk and didn’t remember what had happened that night.

Ever since then, Luhan has hated what alcohol does to people and whenever some kind of alcohol was being served in the house, Luhan stayed at his room.

Sehun and Luhan got in touch much more often since Luhan got his phone as a Christmas-gift.

Luhan had kept the note with Sehun’s phone-number and he had been waiting for the day when he could finally talk to Sehun every day.

The two boys had decided to text each other during the weeks and make a phone-call on the Sundays. In that way Sehun became the one who knew about Luhan’s inner thoughts and Luhan became the person who knew Sehun the best.

As their relationship developed more, Luhan noticed that he wasn’t interested in the girls in his school. Minseok was constantly telling Luhan about this girl, Sunyoung, he liked.

“What does… love feel like?” Luhan one day asked Minseok on the lunch-time.

“You get all bubbly when you see that person. This person makes you so happy but can at the same time make you feel so sad” Minseok explained.

Luhan nodded and took a sip from his milk.

He wondered if he would ever feel something that was similar towards what Minseok was feeling for Sunyoung.

~*~*~

“Wanna try?” Jongin asked the day after the summer-break had begun. He stretched out the small white cancer-stick in front of Sehun. “It’s not that bad once you try it”

Sehun shook his head, he could only imagine how his mother would react if he had tried to smoke.

Jongin lightly pushed Sehun. “Just one blow, you won’t get addicted. I promise”

Sehun sighed and took the cigarette from Jongin’s hand. He made a light blow. He had never tasted something that horrible in his entire life.

He blew out the smoke and coughed and handed, all teary in the eyes, the cigarette back to Jongin. “Thanks but I will probably never start smoking”

Jongin chuckled.” Well you have at least tried it now”

Sehun’s phone vibrated and he took a look on the text message. It was Luhan who had sent him the text message.

‘Hi~ what’s up?’

Sehun smiled, he could almost hear Luhan’s voice through the text message.

‘Nothing, just hanging out with a friend. How about you?’ Sehun replied.

“Hey, who are you texting to?” Jongin took the phone from Sehun’s hand as soon as Sehun had pressed on the ‘send’-button.

He scrolled through the conversation he had had with Luhan and chuckled a bit to himself.

“You two sound like a gay-couple in love” Jongin chuckled.

Sehun took back his phone and threw Jongin’s cigarette on the ground as revenge.

“We’ll we’re just good friends”

~*~*~

“Do you want to borrow a bike? I can show you a cool place” Sehun smiled and grabbed Luhan’s wrist.

They had been together at the camping for two days now and there wasn’t a minute they didn’t spend with each other.

Luhan smiled and nodded. Compared to Sehun, he was more of the playful type while Sehun was the calm one, but Sehun spoke a lot more than Luhan did.

The two boys rented two bikes and rode down the beach and found a bubble-tea shop. Luhan stopped outside the shop, which had small green glasses of bubble-tea in the window.

“Have you tried bubble-tea before?” Sehun asked, he like bubble-tea a lot.

Luhan shook his head. “I’ve never tried it actually”

“Why don’t we go inside?” Sehun suggested.

~*~*~

Sehun bought chocolate-flavored tea for both himself and Luhan inside the shop and the two boys were now sitting calmly and drinking the tea together.

“You like it?” Sehun asked.

“A lot” Luhan showed Sehun his thumb up.

The bell to the shop rang and a couple entered the shop. The male were holding hands with the female and they looked so happy together.

Luhan, who had been thinking a lot about love lately, couldn’t take his eyes from the couple.

“What is it?” Sehun asked.

“Do you think that anybody will love me?” Luhan asked Sehun.

Sehun took a sip from his bubble-tea and nodded. “I’m one hundred percent sure about that”