15 Years Old

One Day, Ten Years

Sehun, Jongin, Soojung and Jinri formed their own little group in their school. They even began to go out on dates.

In reality, those dates existed because Jongin liked Soojung but didn’t want to ask her out all alone. Soojung liked Jongin but didn’t want to be alone with him as well.

So, Sehun and Jinri was being dragged into their little game as well. No one ever asked them if they liked it or not.

The boys turned fifteen and so did Jinri, Soojung’s birthday was in the autumn so she stayed fourteen a while. Fifteen was the most boring age, Sehun thought. He was halfway through his teenage-years already. Five years left until he would turn twenty years old.

ual Education was being a subject in school which made all girls blush and the boys giggle. But Sehun found the subject interesting. Not because he was some sort of -maniac, but they were talking about different ualities.

“Falling in love with someone of the same gender as you is not weird. It’s just as normal as falling in love with the opposite gender” their teacher had said and it was a couple of words Sehun would always remember.

Sehun had never thought about his uality before, he had found it obvious that a boy should fall in love with a girl. But he had never been interested in girls; Luhan had always been the person to corrupt his mind with millions of thoughts every single day.

~*~*~

“Are you really in love with her?” Sehun gave Jongin a look in disbelief.

Jongin nodded and lightened his cigarette. He was still smoking and stealing his cigarettes from his father. “I like her, but aren’t I too young to say that I’m in love?”

Sehun shrugged, Hyerin had told him that love could appear at any age. And it could be real at any age in life as well.

“How do you feel when you’re with her? Like how does it feel to be in love?” Sehun took the cigarette out of Jongin’s mouth and took a light blow.

“It’s like she’s the only girl in the world. I think of her every day and every night, I want to be with her and make her smile” Jongin leaned backwards and took back his cigarette. “She’s the only girl I see”

Sehun nodded and gazed into the ground, thinking of how he saw on Jinri. She was cute and adorable, yes, but she was nothing more than a friend and he didn’t think of her all the time. He barley thought of her when she was being with him.

Sehun thought about Luhan instead, Luhan was constantly on his thoughts. Even if they send text messages and called each other, Luhan would always be the first person Sehun would think of.

Whenever something fun happened, Sehun texted Luhan to tell him. Whenever something bad happened; Sehun texted Luhan to tell him.

Luhan was the first person Sehun thought of when he was something cute in a shop. Whenever he heard ‘Chinese’, Luhan were the first person to pop up in Sehun’s mind.

Why was it that way? He couldn’t have fallen in love with Luhan, could he?

‘Do you think that anybody will love me?’

‘I’m one hundred percent sure about that’

~*~*~

Yixing visited Luhan for one week, he had heard about the condition of Luhan which only had gotten worse and he wanted to help him.

Luhan liked it when Yixing was there, they laughed to any joke they made and it seemed like they knew each other.

Even Minseok liked Yixing, even though they couldn’t communicate with each other.

“Who’s that?” Luhan glanced over at Yixing’s cell-phone.

Yixing showed Luhan the background picture. It showed Yixing and a taller guy with a mature face.

“His name is Kris.” Yixing explained. “Or Wu Yifan, but he prefers Kris. He has lived in Canada for half his life, but he came to China last year in November. He and I became close friends, he doesn’t have any one else but me”

Luhan nodded, he understood what Yixing meant. He didn’t have any one else but Sehun.

“Here, look here” Luhan showed Yixing a picture of him and Sehun from last year. “This is Sehun.”

“You look so similar. I almost mistook you for twins” Yixing laughed.

Luhan looked at the picture once more. Yes, they were similar. But Sehun looked a lot manlier than Luhan and he was taller as well.

“I like the way you smile with him” Yixing said and put his phone back in his pocket.

~*~*~

Summer came, the two families travelled to Busan just like every summer for the past five years.

On the second evening being there, Luhan played soccer together with Sehun, Chanyeol and Hyerin on the grass-field.

Luhan’s mother, Sehun’s mother and Jonghyun were watching the game, cheering for both of the teams equally.

Luhan felt how his chest began to hurt, his breathing got unsteady and he had problems to pick up oxygen.

He touched his throat as he stopped running.

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked.

Luhan swallowed and nodded, he didn’t want to worry them. It was probably because he had been running a lot. Instead, he began to run towards the ball which was next to Chanyeol’s feet.

As soon as he was about to kick the ball away from Chanyeol, he couldn’t breathe anymore. Luhan fell to the ground.

The three adults hurried to Luhan, who was trying to sip after air as hard as he could. Hyerin and Chanyeol were already on their knees when the parents arrived.

“I’ll call for an ambulance” Hyerin picked up her phone.

Chanyeol ran to get Luhan’s asthma-medicine.

Everyone was doing something to help Luhan, everyone except for Sehun. He just stood there and watched them. He was too scared.

He couldn’t lose Luhan like this.