20 Years Old

One Day, Ten Years

I will upload an epilouge tomorrow


Sehun got a job on a café. The pay was bad but it was at least something and it was enough for him to live on that and buy an apartment, after a few months saving.

Once Sehun decided to tell him mother about his uality and relationship with Luhan, had his mother embraced him and she told him that he could’ve come to her in the first place. And since Luhan was his boyfriend and not Jongin, she was even happier since she liked Luhan a lot more than the friends Sehun had in Seoul.

She told Sehun that she always would support him. No matter what decisions he made in the future.

Luhan’s family, on the other hand, hadn’t embraced Luhan when he told them about his discovered uality. Luhan’s mother told him how she “liked him more before he had come out of the closet” and Jonghyun hit him. So hard that he fell back on the floor and hit the back of his head in the wall.

“My son is not homoual! My son is not ing gay!” he yelled.

Luhan was sure that the whole neighborhood would hear Jonghyun scream. “Well good. Because I’m not your son. My dad lives in China! You were never my father” Luhan had yelled back at him while he touched the back of his head.

Jonghyun calmed down, he laughed about and exchanged a gaze with Chun. “Then you’re not allowed to live under my roof any longer”

~*~*~

Luhan had to leave the house.

For two weeks, Luhan was living in a park. He didn’t have the guts to ask Sehun right now and he didn’t have money to travel to Seoul right now either. Their plans had been to meet in Busan, were Luhan should follow Sehun back to Seoul again, but it didn’t seem to turn out that way.

Luhan didn’t want to ask Minseok to live with him either, Minseok had done so much for Luhan and he didn’t know Jongdae well enough.

Since he didn’t have any money, he couldn’t travel to China as well.

So until he could get to Seoul; he would be homeless, cold, hungry and alone.

The first week was all good; the sun was shining and it was good weather all the time. Luhan helped an old lady to carry deliveries for her grocery store, and as payment he received a bit food. He slept on a park-bench, just like the alcoholics his mother was so scared of.

The second week was worse. The Monday had begun with a horrible weather, it rained and thundered. Sometimes the lightning was shown.

It was cold as well and Luhan’s lungs didn’t handle being outside in that weather for a long time.

On the Wednesday had Luhan made up the decision to go to Minseok’s house. It was still raining, Luhan was coughing and freezing as he walked towards Minseok’s house with weak legs.

He rang on the doorbell. He tried to count the seconds until someone opened the door but he failed once he reached three. This vision was getting blurry and he was breathing heavy when someone opened the door. He couldn’t see who it was but he heard Minseok’s voice say something.

That was when the world when all black for him and he fell straight into the arms of his friend.

~*~*~

Luhan was placed on a hospital in Seoul. The doctors in Incheon had said that his lungs were so damaged that they couldn’t help him there.

Yixing came to Korea with Kris and they stayed at the hospital together with Minseok, Jongdae and Sunyoung. Luhan was in coma.

None of his parents came to visit him during that time.

~*~*~

In August, Luhan opened his eyes.

By that time had Yixing, Kris, Jongdae, Minseok and Sunyoung rented a room at a boardinghouse close to the hospital so they could see Luhan every day.

“Luhan…” Yixing said carefully and sat down on a chair next to him. “How are you?” he asked in Chinese.

“Good” Luhan said in Chinese. But Yixing knew that he was lying.

Kris who had basic knowledge in Korean translated the conversation to Minseok.

“Why didn’t you tell me once you had been homeless?” Yixing touched Luhan’s cold hand.

“Didn’t … want … worries” Luhan breathed. He looked up at those luminous stars in the roof, which Minseok had spent the whole previous day in gluing up.

Luhan’s head fell to one side, his eyes closed and his breaths stopped. The machine next to him began to beep. It was his heart-machine.

Yixing was fast with running out to the hallway to call for a doctor and Minseok pressed on the red emergency-button.

The room was soon filled with nurses and doctors and Yixing, Kris, Minseok, Jongdae and Sunyoung was standing outside the room. Waiting and praying.

That’s all they could do.

~*~*~

Luhan and his family didn’t come to Busan this summer. Instead, were two boys renting the house they had been living in.

Sehun was on the edge of tears. He was so disappointed in Luhan. Had he decided to sudden leave him?

As he was sitting on a green park-bench, the two males from Luhan’s cottage walked towards him.

“Oh Sehun, right?” the taller, blonde boy said in a broken Korean.

Sehun nodded and the two boy sat down next to him on the bench.

“My name is Kris and this is my boyfriend Yixing. We’re friends of Luhan” the guy, called Kris, continued.

Sehun’s eyes widened, maybe they knew why Luhan hadn’t come this summer.

“I’m sorry to say this…” Kris continued as he looked into Sehun’s eyes. “But Luhan is dead”

Sehun couldn’t hold his tears back any longer. He felt guilty for doubting in Luhan. He fell down onto the ground and cried.

“Why?” Sehun said between the loud sobs.

“He had been out in the rain and his lungs couldn’t take it. He was in coma for weeks, once he woke up he died.” Kris continued.

But Sehun didn’t want any explanation.

He wanted Luhan back.