16 Years Old

One Day, Ten Years

Luhan was send to the hospital. They said that he was fine, that it was just an ordinary asthma-attack. But they still wanted to keep him at the hospital for a time since they had seen a strange spot on one of his lungs.

Luhan’s family left the camping one week later, the same day as Luhan got discharged. Sehun never got a chance to say good-bye to Luhan.

~*~*~

Luhan’s condition got better, he got a stronger medicine and he could play soccer like before. He didn’t participate in gym-class any longer, though.

Luhan send Sehun several text messages but Sehun never replied. Hurt and sad, Luhan stopped to send text messages. He could’ve never believed how much it would hurt to not get in touch with Sehun.

It took three weeks until he received a reply from Sehun.

‘Hi~ Sorry for not replying. Got grounded and my mum didn’t let me use the phone as well -.- How are you? Is everything okay with you?’

Luhan smiled at the text message. He wondered what kind of things Sehun could’ve done to get in trouble. Sehun seemed to be a good guy and his mother was nice and would probably not give that hard punishment if it wasn’t something serious.

‘That’s okay! I’m just happy to know that you’re okay! ^^ I’m fine, I got a stronger medicine and everything will be alright soon, I know it. What did you do to get grounded? I get grounded a lot but they never tell me why -.-‘

Luhan pressed the ‘send’-button and it didn’t take a long time until Sehun replied.

‘I’m also happy to know that you’re fine. I had a small party at my house and it went overboard. My friend Jongin managed to break the TV, in some way. I don’t remember it since I was too drunk that time. My mum freaked out when she saw it and grounded me for a month; without TV, friends and cellphone. I only went to school and back home again to study for a month! On the plus side, my grades are getting better.

I checked the calendar and I’ve noticed one thing; we always meet on the same day. July 21st, cool huh?’

Luhan’s eyes widened at the text message, for two reasons actually, the first reason was that Sehun managed to write that long message in such a short time and the second reason was that Sehun had been drunk.

Luhan hated alcohol, he hated what the drink did to people and he hated the smell and taste of it. But he knew that he shouldn’t judge Sehun for drinking alcohol, most of the people did it.

He hurried to write a new reply and pressed the ‘send’-button before he waited for Sehun’s next reply.

~*~*~

The boys turned sixteen. Nothing special happened.

Sehun’s life was going on as it always did. He made sure to not hold parties at his own house any longer. He also didn’t let Jongin be near the TV.

He continued to study; he loved to see his mother’s pleased face when he got home with a test he had got an A on. Hyerin also looked pleased with how her brother had changed.

Sehun was still hanging out with Jongin, Soojung and Jinri, but he had other friends as well. He felt that people, somehow, expected Sehun to develop feelings for Jinri because Jongin and Soojung were in some kind of zone between dating and just being friends. But Sehun liked to keep Jinri in the friend-zone, no matter what the others thought. He didn’t feel anything special towards her.

~*~*~

“Hey, Sehun, do you have time to talk to me for a second?” Chanyeol grabbed Sehun’s sleeves of the yellow school-uniform and pulled Sehun away from Jongin, Soojung and Jinri.

“Sure” Sehun said to Chanyeol and turned around to his friends. “I’ll be right back”

Sehun and Chanyeol walked up to the roof of the school, there was a lot of stairs to walk in and Sehun almost lost his breath during the long walk. Deep inside his mind, he wondered if Luhan would manage to walk in those stairs.

Once they headed to the roof, Chanyeol took a cigarette up from his package and placed it in his mouth. He threw the red and white package to Sehun, who also took a cigarette and placed it in his mouth.

Chanyeol lightened the cigarette and then gave Sehun a questioning look. Sehun waved with his own lightener before he also lightened the cigarette.

“What did you want to talk about?” Sehun asked right after he had taken a big blow on the cigarette.

Chanyeol walked back and forth over the roof, worried smoking on his cigarette. “Remember that I say this to you because I trust you and I think that you, somehow, can relate to this”

Sehun nodded and took another blow of the cigarette; he let all the smoke wander down to his lungs before he blew it out again.

“I’m gay”

Chanyeol’s words hit Sehun in the back. He didn’t know why he was shocked about Chanyeol’s statement, maybe it was just because they weren’t close friends. Why would Chanyeol tell Sehun something like this?

“Since when?” was all Sehun could ask.

Chanyeol rolled with his eyes. “You mean when I noticed? When I came out of the closet?”

Sehun nodded and threw the cigarette and stomped on it a little bit.

“Ever since your party. I made out with Byun Baekhyun, you know the short guy” Chanyeol stomped on his cigarette as well. “We have been talking ever since then to each other. I have even….”

Chanyeol’s words faded away and Sehun looked confused at Chanyeol. “You have what?”

Chanyeol removed a bit of hair from his face and chuckled. “I have ed him! And I liked it! I liked it so freaking much! I just feel like a weirdo for telling you this, when you’re obviously straight and have something going on with Jinri. But you’re the only one I can talk to about this kind of stuff. You’re not like the others. You wouldn’t judge me because of this”

Sehun noticed tears in Chanyeol’s eyes. He had never seen his friend in this state before. Chanyeol, who was always being so happy, was not desperate to have someone who felt the same way as him.

After thinking about it for a while, having judging about the feelings he had had during the past years for Luhan. He could only come to one conclusion as well.

“Chanyeol… we have the same secrets.” Sehun swallowed. “I’m also gay”

Sehun and Chanyeol promised each other to never tell anyone about the other person’s uality. They shared now a big secret between each other and, suddenly, Sehun and Chanyeol became best friends instead of Sehun and Jongin.

Jongin would never understand these kinds of things.

~*~*~

Luhan and Sehun were sitting at the ice cream-bar, on an ice cream each. Luhan had melon and chocolate flavor while Sehun had vanilla and strawberry.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” Luhan turned around to face Sehun.

Sehun shook his head. “No, they want me to be with a girl called Jinri. But I don’t like her in that way”

Luhan nodded and continued to on his ice cream. “I don’t have a girlfriend either. I don’t know how to kiss someone”

Sehun looked at Luhan, he knew that Luhan was innocent but he couldn’t imagine Luhan to be that innocent. Even Sehun had kissed before.

“I can teach you” Sehun smirked and grabbed Luhan’s wrist.

The two boys ran into Sehun’s cottage and then straight into Sehun’s room. Sehun closed and locked the door behind him and pulled Luhan onto the bed.

Luhan, who looked shocked and uncomfortable, looked at Sehun with a worried gaze. “What are you doing?”

To be honest, Sehun didn’t know what he was doing either. It had been a strong impulse which told him to kiss Luhan. He wanted to kiss Luhan.

He needed to kiss Luhan.

“I’ll teach you how to kiss someone” Sehun’s face got closer to Luhan’s.

Luhan could smell Sehun’s breath, it smelled like strawberry. Luhan wondered if his mouth tasted like strawberries as well. Luhan’s lips parted, he also wanted the kiss.

Sehun’s lips met Luhan’s. Sehun tasted like strawberries, just like Luhan had imagined, it was probably because of the ice cream.

The kiss got more intense, tongues got involved and Luhan pulled his arm around Sehun’s neck. Passion and love flowed around the two boys.

Once the two boys parted their lips, Luhan looked at Sehun. Deep into his eyes. Why was he feeling this way? He had just kissed another man. This was not how he had planned. Why did he like it so much?

“How was it?” Sehun asked as if it was nothing.

“G-Good…” Luhan cleared his throat. “I liked it”

Sehun smirked and chuckled. “I liked it to. It was the best kiss I’ve ever had”