19 Years Old

One Day, Ten Years

Sehun did his best in school. He even managed to get an ‘A’ in history. He wanted good grades until graduation.

He didn’t have any plans on what he wanted to do after high school and he hadn’t applied for university either.

“What do you want to do after graduation?” had Sehun’s math-teacher asked, obviously worried that Sehun didn’t have any plans.

Sehun had only shrugged. “I want to be happy” had been his answer before he left the classroom and a surprised teacher.

Jongin applied for “Seoul University of Arts” with dancing as a major. Soojung and Jinri had also applied for that school but with singing – Soojung – and acting – Jinri – as majors. Everyone thought that Sehun also was going to apply to that school but he surprised everyone by not applying at all.

“Everything will be okay. I need to figure out what I want to do. Until then I’ll get another work” was what Sehun told his mother when she asked him why he hadn’t applied and cried about how her son’s future might look.

~*~*~

Jinri was still clinging onto Sehun. He pitied her, though, she liked him so much and he was just ignoring her. He loved Luhan and not Jinri.

“We have been together for two years” Luhan said to Sehun over the phone the day before the graduation.

“Not exactly two years, but it’s very close” Sehun had said to Luhan with a chuckle. They had managed to make this distance-relationship work very well. It was over expectations.

Luhan also laughed a little bit before his voice turned serious. “I’m scared.”

“Don’t be. After graduation can we be together for the rest of our lives” Sehun said, he tried to sound confident while he was just as nervous as Luhan was.

They had planner it all; Sehun would find a work and an apartment in Seoul. Luhan would move in that apartment and he would live there together with Sehun.

Off course before this could happen they had to tell their friends and families about their relationship. They weren’t ashamed of each other, they were scared of all the homophobic people in their surroundings.

“Everything will be new and unfamiliar” Luhan said.

~*~*~

Luhan was sitting inside the auditorium. The principal had just finished his speech.

“Our next speaker will be the top-student, the one with the best grades on the whole school” The principal looked at Luhan, who was clenching his fists in nervousness. “Welcome, Lu Han”

Luhan stood up and walked towards the stage. Minseok playfully hit Luhan on his and whispered “Good luck”. Luhan had only smiled back to Minseok. He couldn’t speak, his mouth was all dry.

Luhan fixed his uniform and hair. He took a look at the papers with the speech he had spent the whole previous evening on writing (except for when he was talking to Sehun.) and took place behind the microphone.

The auditorium was filled with students, families of the students, teachers and other people which worked one the school. Everyone was quiet, waiting for Luhan to begin his speech.

Luhan cleared his throat and swallowed the saliva. “Dear teachers, principal, mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, aunts and uncles and grandparents. And most important, dear students, classmates and friends. We’re now standing here, the day we all have waited for has finally come. We will graduate. We will be parted. We will now create our own future. Some of you might want to be a lawyer, a doctor, a nurse, a teacher or a fashion-model. Some of you might want to wait and later decide what you want to be. But we all have our dreams, and if we believe in those dreams they can come true.”

Luhan found Minseok, who was sitting on the second row while holding his arm around Sunyoung’s shoulders. Luhan continued:

“My dream is to be happy. My dream is to find what happiness really are. My dream is to be with the person that makes me happy. I believe that finding happiness is a dream we all share. It doesn’t matter if the person is right beside you or hours away; your hearts are connected and you will one day be together and share the rest of your lives together.”

A tear fell down on Luhan’s cheek as he thought about Sehun.

“When we continue our adventures; remember that this is your life and no one can tell you what to do or not”

Luhan looked at the principal, who nodded at Luhan.

“No matter what happen to us in the future; I will be cheering on each one of you. Friends, classmates and the people I’ve never spoken to. You all mean a lot to me, since you’ve helped me grow as a person. I’m thankful. I love you all. Congratulations on your special and memorable graduation”

Luhan’s speech finished. Everyone stood up while clapping their hands to him. Minseok ran up to the stage and hugged Luhan. Then they walked back to their seats again.

~*~*~

Luhan and Sehun was walking on the beach. The sun was about to set and the water felt hotter now as the air was getting chilly. They had both already considered taking a bath together.

“I think I’ve found a nice apartment” Sehun searched for Luhan’s had before he grabbed it.

Luhan smiled and looked around to make sure that no one could see them. He had tried to tell his parents about his relationship with Sehun, but the timing was never right.

“I’m going home tomorrow morning” Sehun kissed Luhan’s hand.

Luhan nodded, he knew it very well and he wasn’t too happy about it. “This will be the last time we’re parted. Next time we meet; we will spend our lives together”

Sehun agreed and pulled Luhan in for a hug. “I love you so much”

“Sehun! Luhan! It’s dinner time” Sehun’s mother yelled from one of the cottages.

Sehun kissed Luhan’s lips and the two boys went back to the cottages together.

~*~*~

When Luhan woke up the following morning had Sehun already left