Nightmares for real

The choice

 

Hyosung POV

My eyes opened as the fresh morning breeze drifted through my hair. I closed my eyes, took it all in and slowly sat up. I rested my hands on the ground, lifted my head to the sky and breathed slowly. Slowly opening my eyes, I started to watch the swaying trees above me almost forgetting the night before. Almost. But it was so peaceful. I felt warmth on the left hand as Suho moved his hand slightly, I looked down and so his peaceful face.

I smiled at him as he was defenceless and somewhere far away in a place where the injuries can’t touch him. He seemed to be at peace and not in pain that I could see on his strong featured face.

I turned to the others and they too were in the same way, I was still sensing the pain from the night before but that was probably because I was dancing last night and my injuries weren't fully recovered yet. I stood up and stretched my tired limbs and walked across to a nearby river. I looked back and I could still see the guys so it was far enough.

I knelt down and washed my face to wake myself up a bit. Then somewhere in the far distance I could hear singing, someone was close by. Then I heard the whoosh of the wind as I look up into the sky and manage to duck before a dragger pierced my shoulder.

i took my bow and was ready to face what was coming, but nothing showed. Without putting it away I went to the dagger that was sticking out of the nearby tree. I pulled the dagger out of the tree and saw a note with black ribbon on it.

Whoever it was I hope they were aiming for the tree or they would have missed me completely. On the note it said ' If you want to seek it then you may, they will follow you' it wasn't signed but wasn't sure if I should. "It's probably just the wind" I told myself.

But the singing got louder. I looked up to where I could hear the singing from, I found myself looking at the waterfall that had been the source of the river. I looked back at the guys who were still sleeping and started to follow it.

 L.joe POV

I woke up from a spark going down my spine as if something was wrong, I looked at Kai and Suho and they seemed to be asleep. I looked at where Hyosung was sleeping... But Hyosung wasn't there. 'Oh no' I thought, I shook Kai and Suho rapidly.

"Guys come on get, Hyosung’s gone!" I shouted at them. Suho then immediately sat up and shouted "What!" Suho went to Kai and shook him up and we were all running. As soon as we got to the water’s edge we looked urgently to Hyosung.

We were scanning the place and there on the waterfalls cliff face was a familiar girl. "Hey! Where are you going?" I shouted to Hyosung. The guys came and saw her climbing. "I need to check something." She shouted to us. "Someone's here, I can hear a voice." She shouted again.

We all looked at each other and made a sprint towards the waterfall rock face.

Hyosung POV

Well that note was right I guess as they followed me up. As the singing got louder the guys started to her it as well, as I reached the top I caught my foot on the vines. I struggled for a few moments but then felt a hand.

Surprised I looked down, only to see Kai's hand detangling my foot making it free. I nodded my thanks and continued out climb. As I reached the top the surface became more slippery, I almost fell off if it wasn't for the vines to hold onto, "Hmmm." I murmured, I took hold of the vine and tied it around my waist and tested it out its strength, strong enough.

 I turned towards the edge and looked at the view before giving Kai a hand up. "I don't think that's really needed." As he pointed at the vine, until he was proved wrong by almost slipping. He was going backwards, but just as he was going to I reached for his hand and yanked him back.

He gave me a surprised look, "Come one, if I've been a fighter and explorer then I should know a few things at least" I joked but being truthful at the same time. He smiled then got behind me and held my waist, at first I was surprised but his warmth was comforting on my waist, the same warmth as my brother.

But something was different, I felt like...nothing could hurt me. Then I saw a hand in front of me belonging to Ljoe. "Oh sorry." As I reached for him I mind slapped myself. 'Focus, thinking like that could kill one of this.' Trying to ignore the warmth working its way around my body I helped Suho to the cliff face as well.

I heard a sing of a sword and I was cut from the vines as they started to tangle me in, I turned to see Kai cutting me loose. He took my hand as he helped me away from the cliff. I smiled at him and he smiled at me with gentle warmth following it.

 I shook my head trying to get rid of it and turned it follow the singing. As we followed it we found ourselves climbing up even more, I was exhausted and I bet the guys were to. We came a ledge on the waterfall and I stopped. "Why have you stopped, is something wrong?" Kai asked. "You guys have really bad injuries and I've only just realised that I could be really hurting you guys." I said to him sombrely.

Suho lifted my face so they could see it. "How could you being hurting us? You didn't do this to us."

"That doesn’t matter, we should just have stayed there until you guys were able to even walk let alone climb." I told them.

"Then let me ask you this," L.joe said. "If you were in a place like this and needed to cover ground fast but was injured, would you still move?"

 "Yes but I've been trained to do so and it's me that has the curiosity and wants to go forward and yet I drag you all with me. You’re probably in pain." I lowered my head remembering the past few years of being alone... having to go forwards in order to stay alive.

 "To us that doesn’t matter," Kai replied. My head shot up in shock as to what he said was idiotic. I made a face that was questionable, "Because we have been in many situations that we all had to take all of us on. We've made sacrifices as well." As he said that a tear slid down my face remembering how many people have said that to me who end up dying the next day.

I wiped my tear away and looked back at them who were in concern on how a calm, head strong person could shed tears. "Look... there are many memories that haunt me and those words that we make sacrifices.... they always haunt me." I shuddered.

I turned away so I was facing the cliff. "I think it's about 5 metres further, stay here and I'll see what it is." I told them and before they could reply I started to climb again. I won't let them see my scars, mentally or physically.

L.joe POV

What the hell. What did she mean by that? I turned to Kai and Suho who was just looking where Hyosung was like she was still there in disbelief of what she just said. "What do you think she meant by sacrifices?" I asked them.

They both turned to me. "I don't know but I've seen that look in her eye before. In a tortured soul." Suho replied. I remember the old man that had been in loss on his children who and escaped a prison cell where he had been tortured and mentally scared.

 Even though Suho was the most injured out of all of us he moved to the cliff, swiftly followed by myself and Kai.

Hyosung POV

I started blankly at the shimmering waterfall that was in front of me. 'This was the source of the singing.' It felt like it was seeping through me as if I could disappear at any moment. I could hear movement behind me but I was too bewildered by the sound as it was so enchanting but yet so familiar.

The next thing I saw shock my very soul. I saw myself three years ago when I has just escaped being tormented, memories that I wish could be erased from history. She turned towards the waterfall and looked at me in disbelief. 'Wait.... I've seen this before.' As I remembered I did what she did in the water and felt flesh under the water.

And I was gone. To the most agonising place I never wished to go. My old life.

 

 

 

 

 

Hi this is Kpoplover35 with a seriously late update and I'm soooooooooooooooo sorry but with everything coming up and things I've had going on I never had time. Sorrrrry if it is bad. Thank you for being so patient :):):):):):) Kamasmida ;) here's the link for the song :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1toik3lrmQ