Chapter VIIII

Last Stand

AD XX95, 1 June, 10.45PM, Centurion Forest Zone 6

"Neh, thank you oppa! What is your name? My name is -"

"Hyung! Ji hyo is in trouble!" 

As if in a trance, Jong Kook snapped back into reality. He stared downwards, looking at the bloodied corpse(?) and tilted his head for few seconds before jumping backward in shock. What happened? Why is there an unconscious person and my head.. why are there so unfamiliar things going through it..? As fast as his thoughts came about, it was all instantly drowned by one thought.

There is no time to think about it, Ji Hyo now takes the priority. He immediately took off in the direction of Zone 9, running through the shortest and direct path without regards of being noticed as soon as he got Ji Hyo's coordinates from Haha. Everything in the background blurred as he ran.

Every step was charged with explosive strength, his chest heaving as he took deep breathes. Normally his muscles would scream at him in protest when he ran at this speed for extended duration, but however, instead he felt that his body was very light, as if he was soaring through the air.

When he arrived at Ji Hyo's general location and was still continuing rushing towards her, he slammed right into an invisible wall with such force that sent him flying back in recoil. Jong Kook winced as he got up, rubbing his elbows in pain. Urgh.. why is there a wall in the middle of forest..? Huh? theres no wall? As Jong Kook got up, he went forward and tried punching the barrier only to let out a painful yelp.

"Jong Kook hyung, don't even try thinking about breaking through with brute strength. That area has been enchanted with runes-"

Without even letting Haha finish his words, Jong Kook immediately started pounding on the invisible wall. He rained punches after punches but to no avail other than bruising his own fists.

"Never mind, just continue what you are doing. I'll try to find a blindspot or something in the barrier."

However Jong Kook paid not a single heed to what Haha was saying, he was too focused in listening to Ji Hyo's strained voice.

"No.. stop it..stop it please..!"

Hearing her muffled plea, his blood froze in worry for Ji Hyo's fate. That was the last straw. People always said that anger burn white hot, but on the contrary what Jong kook felt was totally opposite. A searing headache. It felt like something sharp had stabbed into his brain, and devoured everything in him. His ears could hear something like fruit being smashed into pulp. His eyes had started to flow with a liquid that was not tears. A liquid that smelled of rust, was redder than tears, thicker than tears, and felt uncomfortable. Even this liquid that came out of his eyes only left a taste of disgust.

And what came afterward was…

Rampage.

His fist immediately pierced through the barrier, shattering it with a revebrating loud sound of glass breaking into a myriad of pieces . Though the skin on his hand was scraped, bleeding and was screaming in pain, the adrenaline rushing through his body made him oblivious to his injury and the pain. Taking in the sight of the battered Ji Hyo, his body and mind screamed at him to tear Ji Hyo's assiliant apart as repayment to what he did.

"What are you playing at?"

 


Hey sorry for not updating for such a long time. I have been preparing for a test which will be starting from next week until 15 Nov. This is just a filler that I came up with in my little spare time so please don't scream at me >.< Once my exams are over, I'm going to update a lot more frequently..so until then I'm going offline again.

P.S.S Is anybody going for the Singapore RM Fanmeeting this Sat? Hopefully I can take some photos of Spartace in there ^.^