Chapter VII

Last Stand
AD XX95, 1 June, 10PM, Centurion Forest Zone 3
 
It has been few hours into the game since it started. Although the shadow of the night fell upon the forest, heavily obscuring vision with a deafening silence, occasional shouts and clashes between people can be heard throughout the forest. A barely visible silhouette of a man could be seen dashing forward into the enemy territory, maneuvering left and right constantly to remain in shadows from being seen by others.
 
*beep*"Hihi~ This is Jong Kook speaking, over~"*beep* Jong Kook said leisurely to the walkie talkie while dashing.
 
*beep*"This is Gary speaking, can you report your current status? over."*beep*
 
*beep*"As you instructed, I'm currently on my way into the enemy stronghold and have yet to encounter enemy... but why am I on a solo mission? Why am I not paired up with Ji Hyo?!"
*beep* Jong Kook whined.
 
*beep*" Yahyahyah! We have already gone through this already Jong Kook. Ji Hyo has her seperate mission to achieve and further more with you two seperated, we can achieve more goals"*beep* Jae Suk yelled over the walkie talkie
 
---------
 
AD XX95, 1 June, 6PM, Centurion Forest Entrance.
 
"Uwaah, this feels like a festival" Jong Kook yelled in amazement as he saw many stalls set up in the area.
 
"Now now, don't get too excited and run off by yourself Jong Kook. We don't want to lose you to find you later.... Yah! Listen to what I'm saying!" Suk Jin yelled as Jong Kook started running off to the game stalls.
 
"But Jae Suk hyung.. Don't you feel that there is a lot stalls set up as compared to the last event?" Ji Hyo asked as she caught Jong Kook by his shirt collar, causing him to choke momentarily due to the momentum.
 
"Hmm.. I guess its probably because the people feel joyous about the last reclaim mission and want to take this as a chance for celebration?" Jae Suk replied after pondering. 
 
"Anyway, Jong Kook ah, you don't have to worry. The stalls won't run away, we can visit them after the event..." Suk Jin continued after seeing Jong Kook's continuous attempts to get free from Ji Hyo's clutches.
 
"..Okay.." Jong Kook pouted with a dejected expression.
 
"So, since we still have time before the event start, I will take this chance to go through our mission again" Jae Suk said.
 
"Unexpectedly, our alliance this time gave us a role to play... but after going through with Gary several times, we concluded that the chances of them trying sacrifice us to clear all the traps and ambushes is about 70%. So, we are not going to act along  with them just so to incur heavy losses and are going to act independently. We are going to take advantage of the chaos during the turmoil when they clash in zone 5 and advance steathily towards their base along the boundaries. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo will move seperately in order to lower the chances of detection and that if one of you get caught, the commotion caused will draw off the defenders in the area from the other one. The rest of us will be supporting you guys from the back." Jae Suk explained.
 
"About that... I have a problem with the plan" Jong Kook raised his hand.
 
"What is it?" Gary asked.
 
"Why am I going on a solo mission?! Why am I not teamed up with Ji Hyo?! If I don't go with Ji Hyo... I don't feel motivated to do anything.." Jong Kook started whining.
 
"..." Everybody stared at Jong Kook.
 
"Lets do this Jong Kook.. If you agree to do this, I will make you herbal jelly as dessert everyday for 1 week, okay?" Ji Hyo tried to pacify him.
 
"No! I don't want to!" Jong Kook continued to whine.
 
"2 weeks?" Ji Hyo upped the stakes.
 
"..No! I still don't want to!" Jong Kook continued his protest.
 
"3 weeks?" Ji Hyo continued upping the stakes.
 
"...." Jong Kook's determination started wavering.
 
"1 month." Ji Hyo dealt him with the finishing blow.
 
"Deal!" Jong Kook cheered up immediately.
 
"...." The rest of the members continued staring at Jong Kook with exasperation.
 
---------------
 
AD xx95, 1 June, 10.15PM Centurion Forest Zone 6
 
"Hmph. Lets quickly finished up this then." Jong Kook started increasing his pace.
 
"Jong Kook hyung! Dodge downwards!"/"Enemy detected withnin 500m radius.. there are 3 of them!" Gary and Haha shouted over the walkie talkie simultaneously.
 
Immediately afterwards, a fire ball whizzed over Jong Kook's head and exploded behind him, slightly singeing him.
 
"Tch, a missed shot" the man said as he walked out of the darkness. 
 
"I guess I should introduce myself first before I continue burning you down as a manner? My name is Kwang H-" the man was cut off with a spinning kick to his face as he was introducing himself, sending him flying over a distance.
 
"...you burnt a hole on my shirt...HOW DARE YOU BURN THE SHIRT JI HYO BOUGHT FOR ME!!" Jong Kook yelled while trembling as he looked at his shirt.
 
"N-No, that was not my fault! Get away from me!" the person tried to defend himself from the barrage of punches Jong Kook landed on him.
 
As Jong Kook continued pummeling the fainted assailant(?), a wooden staff cut through the air and landed a heavy impact on his head.
 
"..Hey be serious, or else you will be in for more pain" the 3rd assailant muttered as he walked up to Jong Kook.
 
"..Get up. Lets fight" the person said while hitting Jong Kook's motionless body.
 
After several moments later, seeing that Jong Kook wasn't anywhere conscious the person walked away.
 
"Tsk, I thought I was going to enjoy a good fight with him.. Seems like I misplaced my trust. I guess I should have gone to where they spotted Ji Hyo.." the man muttered
 
"Ouch. That really hurt a lot"
 
"..!" the man immediately spun around as he felt shivers up his spine.
 
Getting on his feet, Jong Kook gave off a completely different atmosphere from before and smiled. "Looks like you gave me a good one back there... now let me repay it back with interest"
 
----------
 
AD XX95 1 June, 10.45PM, Centurion Forest Zone 6
 
Standing over a raggedly breathing body with blood trickling down his head, Jong Kook as if was in trance, woke up from it when a voice came from his walkie talkie.
 
"Hyung! Quickly head to zone 9! Ji Hyo is in trouble!" Haha shouted over the walkie talkie.
 

First of all, I would like to apologise for not being able to write good fighting scenes... by the way, for those who are confused with the layout of the field, you can take reference from the 3x3 number pad, with 2 and 8 being where the flags are stationed and 2 being the home base, and 8 being the enemy base. Please give me some feedback on this chapter because I'm starting to deviate from the original plans..T^T