Chapter II

Last Stand
AD XX95, 7AM, Infirmary tent in Udo
 
"Jae Suk hyung, what should we do about...that guy?"
"Gary ah, for now lets just push that aside first. Ji hyo is waking up"
 
"Ji Hyo, how do you feel? You really gave us a scare back there. You were unconscious for 3 day and we all thought that you were a goner"
 
"Urgh.. what were you guys talking about.. what happened?" Jihyo groaned as she struggled to sit up.
 
"Ji Hyo ah, how do you feel? You helped delayed the reinforcement at the expense of almost killing yourself. Fortunately, Gary had a vision of you in serious trouble so we quickly rush over and reached in time. Though I must say, you sure got yourself some serious injuries missy." Jae Suk said while helping Ji Hyo up.
 
"...What about the raid? How is the situation now?" Ji hyo said as she checked her bandaged arms and body, at which she lightly clicked her tongue after assessing her injuries.
 
"Well, thanks to your effort, the main force managed to break through and occupy the enemy base even though we had to split to rescue you. We had been spending the last two days cleaning up the area. But still.. we suffered heavy casualties too. We lost 29men(and women too) and the amount of injured people is devastating." Jaesuk said while looking across the horizons.
 
Upon saying those words, a gloomy atmosphere set in in the tentage. Deciding to break the atmosphere, Ji Hyo shifted the topic, "What about the man who saved me back then? I remembered seeing the silhouette of a muscular guy fending off those demons while I was down"
 
Hearing those words, Gary and Jae Suk exchanged a glance. Gary shifted about uncomfortably while replying, "Well.. about that, apparently he lost his memories."
 
"Omo, how could that happened? What happened to him?" Ji Hyo tried to lean forward and asked.
 
"Well while you were down, he single-handedly fend off around the entire reinforcement...but unfortunately, one of the demons targeted you and so to protect you, he used his body to block the attack.. Though the blow landed on his head which caused him to lose his memories, and that was when we arrived at the scene.."
 
"Where is he now? I need to see him"
 
"Well..he is...held withnin the confinement room" Gary said while avoiding eye contact with Ji Hyo
 
"WHAT?! HOW COU--" Ji Hyo shouted at them before getting interrupted by Jae Suk, "*Cough Cough* Ji Hyo ah, restrain yourself. I think what Gary meant was that he is being treated friendly in a comfortable place. You do have to realise that that person is a very suspicious person even though he saved you. At this island, there were supposed to be us, raiders and them, demons, yet he who is not part of us appeared out of nowhere. So before we can clarify his identity, there is a need for this."
 
"Tch....alright then, can you bring me to him? I need to thank my lifesaver afterall" Ji Hyo said with an obviously unnatural restrained voice.
------------------------------------
AD XX95, 8AM
 

As the trio proceeded towards the dungeon of the base, Ji Hyo could not helped but grimaced at the sight of corpses and eerie looking statues.After walking for a long time, the trio stopped infront of a metal cell. "Well, here we are" Jae Suk announced while opening the cell door.

Withnin the cell was absolute darkness, it took Ji Hyo a few seconds of squinting before she could finally had a glimpse of that man. Upon seeing the sight of the man being chained, shirtless with bruises all over his body and blood dripping from some of his wounds, Ji Hyo rushed forward to the man. She quickly broke his chains and embraced him with his head on her chest, before glaring daggers at his companions, "Treated nicely huh oppa? I'm disappointed". 

"Wait Ji Hyo, I can explain-" Jaesuk quickly replied before getting cut off

"I've decided, I will take care of him since your definition of 'friendly treatment' apparently does not strike a chord with my definition of "friendly treatment". Ji Hyo said while trying to carry the man away. With his arm over her shoulder, she limped away back to the infirmary tent with him.

Watching the silhouette of both of them disappearing, Gary said to Jae Suk, "Hyung, I've got a bad feeling about this.. Whenever I try to see his future, its all darkness.."

------------------------------------

AD XX95, 12PM, Infirmary Tent in Udo

Sitting by the bed, Ji Hyo held the man's hand and murmured "..Oppa, thank you for saving me back there. If not for you, I wouldn't be here right not, so don't worry, its my turn to protect you now.."

As if he had been listening to her, the man gripped her hand tight and started trembling as if having nightmares, sweating buckets of cold sweat in response. He woke up with a gasp, staring blankly at his surrounding before fixating his blank gaze at Ji Hyo.

"...Who are you?Where am I?" he asked dreamily

"My name is Ji Hyo,Song Ji Hyo. Don't worry you are in a very safe place, I will be taking care of you from now on" Ji Hyo replied with a smile. "But before that, can you remember what is your name?"

"...My name? My name is...Jong Kook...Kim Jong Kook."

 

 


Well, I'm getting used to how this works, many thanks to racheose.

That being said, the introduction is about to finish, so the story is probably going to start transiting into main story from here on? Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and if possible please give me pointers on areas which can be improved =D