Chapter VI

Last Stand
AD XX95, May 31,9am, Running Man Base
 
 
"We are back!~" Jong Kook exploded through the gate with Kwang Soo flying(?) through the air behind him.
 
"Hy-Hyung! Slow Down!! You are going too fast!" Kwang Soo screamed as he tightened his grip on Jong Kook's hand
 
As Jong Kook came to a sudden stop, he released Kwang Soo hand and the leftover momentum caused Kwang Soo to be lurched forward, slamming into the wall.
 
"Urgh.. Hyung we are back.." Kwang Soo moaned as he pick himself up.
 
"Welcome home~" SUk Jin greeted as he kept the apron. "You are just in time, I've just finished preparing breakfast. After you put down the groceries, help me wake the kids up"
 
"Okay~!" Jong Kook shouted as he ran away with food in his mouth.
 
"Yah! Don't snitch the food before everybody starts eating! Aigoo..Why is he acting like a kid with such a body build.." Suk Jin shook his head.
 
"By the way hyung, there is a letter addressed to our group" Kwang Soo said while taking out an envelop from his rucksack.
 
"Hmmm.. I guessed its that time already huh.." Suk Jin said wistfully, staring offhandedly.
 
-----------------------
 
AD XX95, May 31, 9.05am, Ji Hyo's room
 
 
Even though the alarm clock has been ringing incessantly for the past few minutes, Ji Hyo was somehow able to block out the sound and continued to sleep deeply like a log. However, as she continued to snore and murmur during her sleeptalk, a shaddow slowly crept up to her and eventually was looming over her.
 
"Omma..5 more minutes.. just give me 5 more minutes of sleep.." Ji Hyo murmured.
 
Noticing how vulnerable Ji Hyo was, Jong Kook grinned widely as he contemplated several things.
 
"Ji Hyo ah... Rise and shine sleeping beauty~" Jong Kook whispered through Ji Hyo's ear before gently blowing wind into her ear.
 
"Kyah! Yah! Kim Jong Kook, how many times have I told you not to wake me up like that?!" Ji Hyo threw her pillow at him instantly after she regained her composure.
 
"Its already 9 in the morning, and breakfast is prepared. Suk Jin hyung called me to wake you up." Jong Kook replied as he started to leave the room.
 
"Urgh... Its that late already.." Ji Hyo groaned as she stumbled her way into the bathroom.
 
As soon as Jong Kook closed the door behind him, the cue for him to run away came.
 
"KIM JONG KOOK!!! HOW DARE YOU DOODLE ON MY FACE WITH OIL-BASED MARKER?!?! DON'T YOU DARE RUN AWAY YOU !@#!@#@!"
 
-----------------------
 
AD XX95, 31 May, 9.10am, Haha's room
 
 
"Neh dongsaeng. It's morning already!" Jong Kook hugged Haha tightly from his back and snuggled. "Neh dongsaeng! Wake up, it's morning already." Jong Kook continued to relentlessly snuggled at Haha.
 
"I was wrong, I was wrong.. Please don't hit me.." Haha raised his arms to guard his head while half-asleep.
 
"Just wake up already, what are you doing?" Jong Kook said while pushing Haha off the bed
 
"Breakfast...Please give me breakfast.." Haha mumbled as he slowly rose from the floor.
 
------------------------
 
AD XX95, 9.50am, Dining Area
 
50 minutes after Jong Kook went to wake everybody up, everyone gather at the dining table and has started eating.
 
"Hey Jae Suk, the Guild Headquarter has just sent us a letter regarding the upcoming interguild event" Suk Jin mentioned in between eating.
 
"Oh, I guess its about time huh..  So what does it says?" Jae Suk asked
 
"This time the event will be 'Capture the flag' and like usual our guild, like others will be assigned together as an alliance by the HQ and compete against another alliance. Seems like this time it will be held from night to dawn." Suk Jin read off from the letter.
 
"Waft ush sarf abouf?(What is that about?)" Jong Kook asked with his mouth packed with food.
 
"This is a monthly event organised by the HQ. As people builds up emotional stress from repelling demon attacks and reclaiming back territories, the HQ host such events monthly to help them de-stress to prevent them from breaking down due to huge amount of stress. And as encouragement, they give good rewards for the top winners" Suk Jin explained. "By the way, talk with your mouth empty. You look like a squirrel with your cheeks that filled"
 
" So, what have our guild been ranking as for the past few events?" Jong Kook asked.
 
"To be honest, we have been on the losing side for the past few events..." Ji Hyo mumbled.
 
"Thats because of our fault, none of our us specialises in offensive except for Ji Hyo. While I can somewhat help out a bit on the front line but in the end, I'm not as good as her. Most of us are better in assistance role due to our passive-based abilities. Therefore when we clash with other guilds, the difference is too large and we tend to drag down our alliance..." Jae Suk explained sullenly.
 
"And because of that, we are always dubbed as the black hole and in the end we got ostracised from the any alliance that we are in since we will be their weak link if they were to include us in their plan" Gary added.
 
Immediately after Gary said his piece, a dark and tense atmosphere set in.
 
"Don't worry hyung, we just had bad luck the last few times. This time I'm sure that we can win!" Ji Hyo said, hoping to bring back the atmosphere
 
"I don't really know whats going on.. but this time we have me right?" Jong Kook said cheerfully.
 
"Hmm... Ji Hyo and Jong Kook is right, we can't just give up due to our past failures. This time we have a new member, Jong Kook on our side, so lets go and try get achieve something unexpected this time!" Jae Suk exclaimed, trying to raise everybody's morale and spirit.
 
"By the way hyung, when is this event?" Jong Kook queried.
 
"Hahaha... Thats the funny part, its tomorrow. So, I guess we better get you started on combat training.. Haha, you take charge but don't break him alright?" Jae Suk ordered.
 
 

Sorry for not updating for very long.. I have finally finished my test ^^. This chapter might be a little bit dry because I wrote it right after my test after a long time, so please bear with it >.< I will get back on track soon. Anyway thanks for staying with this story ^^.