Chapter V

Last Stand
AD XX95, May 21, 8am, Running Man Base
 
Being at 8am, the sun had just emerged from horizons, partially blocked by clouds. The surrounding of Running Man Base was filled with a harmonic melody of birds' chirping and cicadas'humming, the other insects rushing about trying to obtain food for themselves. All in all, the scenery gave off a peaceful sense, which apparently didn't last that long.
 
An ear piercing shrill was let out before the place was illuminated with lightning bolts
"Kyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!" *crackle crackle*
 
Waking up from their sleep due to a high pitch scream, the Running Man members ran to the source, stumbling along the way, thinking that it was an enemy attack.
 
When they arrived at the scene, Ji Hyo's room, they were stumped by the sight. Ji Hyo was leaning against a wall with her back, far away from the bed and Jong Kook with his hair standing on the edge, was , with a blanket covering his lower part of body, spasming on the bed, giving off a slightly charred smell.
 
"Omo, what did you kids do?!" Suk Jin inquired immediately
 
"Waa...daebak... Ji Hyo, I never thought I would live to see this day..." Haha added
 
"Hyung! What happened to you?!" Kwang Soo rushed forward and repeatedly slapped Jong Kook face to wake him up.
 
"He..he... When I woke up, I saw him sleeping beside me , so I electrocuted him in a moment of panic.." Ji Hyo muttered to herself.
 
"Hyung wake up!!" Kwang Soo shouted before flipping Jong Kook over, at which Ji Hyo instantly averted her eyes from.
 
"What...what? Why do my body feel so numb and my cheek feel so pain.." Jong Kook muttered in a half-dazed state.
 
"Yah, Ji Hyo ah, I think you kind of misunderstood... He wasn't , he was just shirtless, so you probably thought that he was since the blanket was covering him." Jae Suk explained to Ji Hyo after seeing the blanket fell off from Jong Kook.
 
"Jincha?" Ji Hyo asked while trying to sneak a peek at Jong Kook
 
"Really" Jae Suk confirmed solemnly
 
"Yah!! You ********, how dare you play this prank on me?!" Ji Hyo screamed while running towards Jong Kook to bash him up.
 
Seeing Ji Hyo running towards him, with fire(?) burning behind her, every particle in Jong Kook's body screamed "Run for your life!". Jong Kook tried to cover his body and pleaded "Sorry Ji Hyo!! I didn't do it on purpose"
 
"Yah! Are you saying that you naturally strip while you are asleep?!" Ji Hyo screamed as she pummeled Jong Kook
 
"I don't know! But since it happened, I think so.. please forgive me!" Jong Kook started to run behind Suk Jin, deciding that Ji Hyo wouldn't let him off easily.
 
"Don't give me that bull****!" Ji Hyo screamed as she chased after him.
 
"Ji Hyo ah... calm down a bit. While Jong Kook may be at wrong here, you too are responsible for this mess you know" Suk Jin tried to restrain Ji Hyo and pacify her.
--------------------------
AD XX95 May 20, 8pm, Running Man Base
 
"Since Jong Kook is allowed to stay here, we now have to decide where shall he sleeps. Furthermore, we currently are limited in space, so one of us will have to share our room with him... so can anybody volunteer?" Jae Suk declared.
 
Everybody except Kwang Soo suddenly developed an interest towards their surrounding and pretended not to hear anything.
 
"Me! Jong Kook hyung can share room with me!" Kwang Soo exclaimed loudly
 
"Well, since nobody except Kwang Soo wants him in their room, I guess you can take him in Kwang Soo." Jae Suk stated
 
"Yes! Jong Kook hyung did you hear that? We get to sleep together!... hyung? what are you doing?" Kwang Soo happy proclaimation slowly turned into a question when he saw what Jong Kook was doing.
 
"I don't want to sleep with him! I want to sleep with Ji Hyo!" Jong Kook hugged Ji Hyo tightly and complained with a pouting face.
 
"Hyung! What are you doing?! Let go of noona now!" Kwang Soo shouted back as he tried to pull Jong Kook away.
 
"Aigoo..Our Jong Kook is acting like a spoilt brat.. I guess it can't be helped.. I will sleep with him tonight." Ji Hyo said while shaking her head
 
"...Ji Hyo ah, I don't think it is a wise decision for a male and female to sleep together in a room.." Suk Jin advised.
 
"Don't worry! Jong Kook is like a little brother to me, right? Our cute little Kookie won't be able to do anything to me" Ji Hyo said while patting Jong Kook's head
 
"Kookie..? What a lame nickname ahahahhaahha" Haha laughed upon hearing that, but quickly stopped laughing when he was met with a piercing glare from Jong Kook.
 
With that, it was decided that Jong Kook was to sleep in Ji Hyo's room, though it led to Kwang Soo feeling that he was abandoned
-----------------------------------
AD XX95, 9am, Running Man Base Dining Area
 
After much efforts, Ji Hyo was finally pacified and they went to the dining area where they were met with a luxurious breakfast.
 
"Uwaah! Gary did you prepare all these?" Haha ran and steal a sashimi for himself
 
"Yeh, since today marks the first day Jong Kook is part of us, I guess its something worth celebrating.." Gary replied.
 
"Just to let you know, Kim Jong Kook-ssi, from now on you are not allow to sleep in my room" Ji Hyo said coldly.
 
"Mianhae Ji Hyo... I know I'm wrong, please don't kick me?" Jong Kook pleaded with puppy eyes.
 
"Jae Suk.. do you think there is something wrong with Jong Kook? Ever since he woke up, he has been acting weirdly like a little kid, which is kind of cute but annoying at the same time.." Suk Jin whispered to Jae Suk.
 
"I can't really say, but maybe this is part of his personality? I heard people saying that when people lose their memories, sometimes their normally dormant part of personality will surface and override their dominant personality. But I think that having him act like that is quite good since it is refreshing and brings about a change in our family." Jae Suk replied softly.
 
However, at the end of the day, Ji Hyo really kicked Jong Kook out of her room with a few burst of lightning strikes, causing Jong Kook to reluctantly went to Kwang Soo's room and sleep with him.
 
 

 

Well, in this chapter I'm trying to portray Jong Kook in his Kookie<3~ personality, which I'm hoping that it is successful? Sorry to all those fans for making Jong Kook look weak >.<