Our Princess

✩Legend of Love: The Fight Against The Darkness✩

I think of the 12 legends as 12 handsome princes. They all bowed in front of me, kneeling on one knee. I blinked. I was shocked, me, their Legend of Love. I don’t feel like a legend. I was just a normal, average, girl. I look towards Chanyeol, maybe he could help me, this was all a misunderstanding. Chanyeol had his head down. He made no eye contact to me. I look at everyone. Tao was smiling a little, everyone had a sort of smile on their faces. They all stood up simultaneously. Chanyeol took a deep breath.  

 

“I guess it’s time introduce ourselves.” he began. “I am the Phoenix, the legend of flame.”

 

“I am Suho, I am the legend of Water”

 

“Kyungsoo, I’m the legend of Earth”

 

“I am Baekhyun, I’m the sun, the moon and the stars, I am the Legend of Light.”

 

“Hi, we’ve met before, I’m Kai, the Legend of Teleportation.”

 

“I am Sehun,” Sehun smiled brightly. “I am the North Wind and The Cold Air, I’m the legend of Wind.”

 

“I’m Chen, Legend of Lightning,”

 

Xiumin puffed his cheeks and inflated his cheeks. “Ni-Hao, I’m Xiumin, the Frost!”

 

“I am Luhan~ I am the legend of telepathy, I can read your mind, want me to?” I shook my head. I felt Sehun’s eyes pierced my neck. I blushed and held my neck. . . Ok?

 

“I’m Kris, I am the legend of Flight,”

 

“Yo. I’m Lay. Wassup homie G~, I am the magic of healing, whenever you are hurt, I’m here for you.” Lay put the peace sign up.

 

Tao took my hand and kissed it softly. “I’m the Legend of Time Control as if you didn’t know.” I blushed deeply and stepped back. They all took a bow.

 

“I’m Han Na, I’m not your Legend of Love.”

 

“But Princess,”

 

“And now you’re calling me Princess? I can’t do this any longer. I’m leaving.” I went back into the classroom. Professor Nam was teaching more about the 13 legends. I put my headphones in my ears and pretended nothing ever happened. Kris bust opened the door.

 

"Oh geez, Kris we are in a school not a movie. We do not kick down doors. Kai reprimanded Kris for being so reckless.

 

"Oh, Kai,  Kris ..hello!" Professor Nam greeted the two legends. I buried my head deeper into the desk. "Here to teach the class a little history?"

 

"Actually we are here for Han Na"

 

"UH.. HAN NA IS NOT HERE, SHE TRANSFERRED TO A NEW COUNTRY!! "

 

"What country? " Kai asked.

 

"Tibekitarqistaninople, a country in Europe."

 

"I heard their beaches are lovely."

 

I picked my head up, and looked around. "Tibekitarqistaninople is real?" Kris picked me up and threw me over his shoulders.

 

"We are going to be borrowing this."

 

"Fine. But bring her back, she has a test by Friday."

 

"Gusyeo -Nim~ you're going to let him take me?"

 

"Oh you'll be fine." Ugh, why do the teachers obey these guys. Maybe they knew that they were Legends of Life and let them do whatever they want or maybe they were extremely beautiful guys. Kris and Kai carry me off to the garden off in the middle of the school. This place was strictly off limits to sophomores like me but everyone was there and they sat in a circle.

 

“Why am I here?”

 

“Because Princess,” Tao pulled me down to sit next to him, “ You are one of us.” I looked around only Chanyeol was missing. He didn’t seem too happy when we first found out that I might be the legend of love. I don't believe I am. I don't even know what that mean. What does that even mean? I guess they were going to tell me.  

 

I sat down " OK, what if I said I accepted being the legend of love, how would this affect me, my family and you guys?”

 

 


 

 

Chanyeol, the Phoenix Flame kneeled  down amongst his father. He bows his head and looks at him. He seemed to be filled with tears and sadness. The opposite of his own element.

 

Young prince of flames, why do you seem sad?

 

"The Legend of Love is Lee Han Na. "

 

So you've found the young princess. Earlier than I've expected. I'm proud of you but that doesn't explain why you're really sad.

 

"Father, Han Na is someone I care about. Someone I think I love. Knowing she is the Princess of Love, I'm scared I wouldn't be able to protect her the way I wanted to."

 

Chanyeol, whether or not this girl is who she is. You will still be obliged to protect her. Nothing has really changed between you two but the extreme importance it is to keep her alive.

 

"But what if I am not able to protect her? Father, I think I may love her."

 

Even though you disobeyed the rules and obtained a worldly possession, that doesn't make anything different. You have to protect this girl as though your life depended on it. You and your brothers.

 

Chanyeol sighed. In his heart, he wanted to keep Han Na safe. The fight against the darkness is a fight fitting for savages and assassins. Han Na was just a girl. What would she know about anything? She's still learning how the early humans came to the planet. Chanyeol’s  tears ran down his face again. He bowed back to his father and left the premises into the schoolyard in which his brothers were with Han Na. She sat intently, listening to D.O talk. She nodded her head a couple of times. Chanyeol sat with the rest of the group.

 

 


“. . . So you know the saying, love triumphs over evil every time right? Father, the heart of the Tree of Life is concerned that a new evil is amongst us. We’ve witnessed this evil and fought against it but it only came back, stronger ” D.O explained.

 

 

“Father explained that the next couple times that we fight the darkness, some of us wouldn’t survive the hits of darkness and it will triumph over everything, the only way we can truly defeat the darkness is if we combined all of our powers. The last time wasn’t easy, we almost lost Luhan because the darkness was too powerful, with all of us combined. Truth be told, I wasn’t confident that we were going to make it, but Father, he gave us hope, and that hope... is you.” Lay finished explaining.

 

“But what can I do? I don’t have real super powers, I’m not a kunoichi, I can’t fight, I can’t do anything. How am I to help? I’ll only be a burden to you and have you killed.” I pouted sadly. Tao wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I looked up at him and blushed.

 

“We are here, to teach you, protect you, open up your inner power. We have faith in you, Hanna, We believe that you can defeat the darkness, but you will never be alone. You have us. We will be fighting at your side.” Tao comforted me and hugged me tightly.

 

“You’ll never have to be alone, “Chen added, “We’ll protect you. Soon enough, the darkness will find out who you are, but as soon as he does, you’ll be a full fledge kunoichi, ready to fight.”

 

“You guys have faith in me?”

 

“We believe in you princess.” Everyone except Chanyeol reassured me. I was glad that everyone was here to protect me but, I worried about Chanyeol. He wasn’t the brightest sun in the sky right about now. Everyone hugged me and gave me a cheek and went to their next class. Since me and Chanyeol had the same classes, we walked together. It was silent between us walking. I looked down, he looked up. I gripped onto my sketchpad tightly. Chanyeol yawned and rest his arm on my shoulder.

 

“Chanyeol hyungnim, you don’t seem too excited for me.  If anything happens to me, you’ll be there to protect me right?” Chanyeol was quiet. We continued walking and then he gripped my arm.

 

“Hanna, what kind of question is that? Even if you aren’t the Legend of Love, I always want to be there to protect. I want you to be safe and I don’t want you to get even a scratch.” He gets on one knee, “I solemnly swear that I will protect you, fight for you and teach you everything I know. Hanna, you’ll be the girl I’m fighting for.” He gets off his knee and slipped his fingers between mine. I blushed deeply. The girl he’s fighting for. . .? It couldn’t be, Chanyeol.. might actually like me? No, that’s not it. it’s only because I’m the Legend of Love, its his job to protect me. Yea, its just his job. . . I sighed, there’s been many times where think of Chanyeol in that way. I never thought it’ll really work out for us, he was always so cute, and nice and sweet and I’m just average. Chanyeol smiled at me and ruffles my hair.

 

“So, shall we walk to class?”

 

“Y-yea, sure..”