3

1851

The young night got old quick, as Yongguk discovered. Yongguk had agreed to meet Himchan at a nearby hotel, but he struggled to get Jieun to come home after he found her chatting up a storm with her friends. It took an hour before Jieun had properly said her goodbyes and bitterly followed Yongguk home.

 

 

“Where are you going?” Jieun’s eyes flashed in irritation as she picked up Youngjae from his crib.

“I have a couple of business partners to meet.” Yongguk lowered his head and hoped that the candle light would not give away his guilty face.  He listened to Jieun’s soft breathing as she thought over her words.

“They were all at the party, I’m sure you could have discussed there.” Balancing Youngjae in her arms, she quickly turned around to place him on the changing table. Yongguk was glad her focus was no longer on him. But the iciness in her voice made it clear that she was beyond angry.

“Darling, there’s only so much we can discuss in the openness of a gathering.” Yongguk pleaded.

“Why are you still here?” Jieun sniffed as she fit Youngjae in his night clothes. The baby squirmed lightly under her grip, uttering a small whimper. “I don’t have much say in these things, anyways.” Her brown eyes flickered angrily towards him, spitting venom.

Yongguk was slightly taken aback by his wife’s cold responses, but she was right. He would have escaped if he had to. He had to see Himchan. He gave Jieun a defeated look before making his way through his silent mansion and into the darkness of the night.

*

The old hotel was overrun with es and drunken men. Yongguk entered through the creaky wooden doors, eyes wide as he pushed passed men who were no longer able to stay up on their feet. The thick smell of cheap liquor and stung his nose, and he shook his head to try and get rid of it. A coat hanger stood at the entrance of the main hall, but Yongguk hesitated to put his top hat there. He was too afraid it would get stolen.

Yongguk hadn’t been in such a grungy place since he was young, but he didn’t mind. It brought an element of danger to his monotonous life. 

Yongguk’s eyes searched the numbers that hung on every door. He took slow steps, eagerly looking for room fifty-one.  The crudely painted five and one in white indicated to Yongguk that he had reached his destination. He brought his hand to the door and knocked three times, softly.

The door opened silently, revealing a pair of fox like eyes peering from the darkness of the small hotel room. A sudden white crescent formed on Himchan’s face as he recognized Yongguk. He opened the door widely to let Yongguk in. Yongguk felt his hot breath as he passed by him, their bodies brushing softly.

“Please, make yourself comfortable.” Himchan gestured grandly into the small room. It was empty save for a small desk and a bed. The bed was narrow, made for one, with brown sheets. A window opened and gave view on the dark alley between the hotel and a pub teeming with workers who enjoyed their late night drinks.  Although the window was closed, the shouts from outside could still be heard clearly.

A crude light bulb hung from the ceiling, bathing the room in a weak yellow light, casting eerie shadows on the walls. Yongguk looked at it, fascinated. Light bulbs had just been making their appearance in the modern world, and he was quite surprised to find that this shabby hotel had procured some. He doubted even the duke owned a few. 

Yongguk chose to sit on the bed, listening the rusty creak of the springs whine as he sat down. “Thank you.” Yongguk looked up at Himchan who was approaching him silently.

“Let’s continue where we left off, shall we?” Himchan bent to Yongguk’s level, whispering those soft words in his ear, his voice like sandpaper.  The gruffness in his voice mixed with the soft words made Yongguk’s skin tingle in excitement. He looked up to see a sly smile playing on Himchan’s pink lips.

Yongguk’s fingers crept to the collar of Himchan’s shirt and pulled him until he was flat on his back, Himchan on top of him. Himchan gasped slightly at the sudden movement, but his smile was back as he his lips and looked into Yongguk’s eyes.

Himchan’s dark eyes burned with a passion that Yongguk had never seen before. He felt Himchan’s breath softly tickle his face as he got closer, his rose lips mere millimeters from his. Yongguk wondered why he was torturing him like this. Himchan paused for a moment longer before pecking Yongguk quickly. He quickly stopped to look up at the mess of emotions he had left Yongguk in, a devilish smile spreading across his face.

Growling, Yongguk cupped his hand behind Himchan’s head and pressed his lips against his. Himchan shivered in pleasure as their lips made full contact with each other. Yongguk listened to the small moans Himchan emitted as he pressed his tongue against Himchan’s lips, begging to be let in.

Melting into the kiss with his eyes closed, Yongguk let his hands roam from the top of Himchan’s head, to his soft white neck. His fingers danced nervously across the soft flesh before feeling the harsh touch of fabric. Irritated by the fabric blocking his access to Himchan’s perfect skin, he worked skillfully to remove Himchan’s shirt without taking his lips off of him.

Yongguk hissed softly as Himchan broke their kiss. He his lips, still tasting Himchan on them.  Still in bliss from Himchan’s intoxication, he barely noticed when Himchan reached his fingers under Yongguk’s own clothing. Himchan’s slim digits traced Yongguk’s hard-earned abs blindly, moving stealthily under his shirt. A sly smile graced Himchan’s features as he began rolling the black fabric up. A hungry glimmer sparkled in his eyes as Yongguk’s torso came into view.

Yongguk couldn’t help but smile to himself as a look of admiration and lust filled Himchan’s black pearls. Yongguk laid his eyes on Himchan’s body. He was thin, his skin as white as that of his face. His torso was smooth and firm, begging to be marked by Yongguk. Yongguk sat up straight, letting Himchan’s legs wrap swiftly around his waist as he peeled off his shirt.

No words had been spoken since Himchan had suggested they continue where they left off, but this didn’t bother Yongguk. They were too busy exploring each other for words. And from the time they had laid eyes on each other, they had been waiting for this moment when finally the barriers of politeness and distance were broken, and they could melt into each other comfortably.

Yongguk sighed breathlessly as he admired Himchan’s face. His feline features were crinkled with joy as he felt Yongguk’s skin underhand. His pink tongue poked out subtly, leaving behind a saliva-glossed surface on his lips. The light of the bulb bounced off of it, drawing Yongguk’s own lips to Himchan’s again. He traced Himchan’s gentle neckline with his fingers, and followed his sleek jawline with his lips, extracting soft moans from Himchan. Yongguk found his way into the crook of Himchan’s neck, his breath leaving condensation on his perfect skin, making Himchan shiver. Yongguk felt Himchan’s shudder run through his own body, taking in the way he closed his eyes and grunted softly at the feeling. Yongguk eyed the snow white flesh around Himchan’s collarbones and pressed his lips down firmly, making it clear his intention was to leave a mark.

Himchan ran his fingers through Yongguk’s hair, biting his lip to keep from mewling loudly as Yongguk nibbled and his neck and shoulders. Pink love bites were starting to appear like blush across cheeks on Himchan’s previously untouched milky skin. Yongguk hummed in content as he admired his handiwork. He felt Himchan struggle to breathe as his ragged pants hit Yongguk’s ears. Himchan groaned as he pressed his own lips at the base of Yongguk’s earlobe, slowly nibbling the soft.

Compared to Yongguk, Himchan was the softer lover. He was confident and impertinent in public, but in the bedroom Yongguk enjoyed how much he could easily take him down. 

In a sudden movement, Yongguk flipped Himchan down on the bed. Himchan mewled in surprise as Yongguk smiled widely, observing Himchan’s arms flailing slightly, to grasp onto Yongguk’s strong shoulders and his legs found their way around Yongguk’s waist again. The older hovered over Himchan, who tilted his head to the side exposing to Yongguk his breathtaking profile. Himchan brought Yongguk’s hips down with legs, his hips rolling slightly on Himchan’s. He moaned and bit his lip as the friction was beginning to buzz his body with an overwhelming feeling of well-being and lust.

Yongguk lowered himself until their chests were barely touching. He could feel the sticky sweat that was beading Himchan’s chest. His skin tingled as they both exhaled, bumping their bodies into each other. Yongguk brought his lips down to Himchan’s chest, scattering kisses over it. He could taste the saltiness of Himchan’s skin and feel its smooth texture as he proceeded to trace a crooked red line down with love bites. Himchan moaned softly, panting every now and then. His fingers laced in and out of Yongguk’s hair, tugging harder when Yongguk bit him a bit too roughly. Yongguk growled when Himchan’s nails dug unexpectedly into his shoulders, he was sure there would be crescent shaped puncture marks there the next morning.

Yongguk smiled against Himchan’s skin as he reached his hipbones. He stuck tongue out and traced Himchan’s delicate hipbone, slowly pulling at his pants with mischievous fingers.

“Yongguk…” His named slipped out of Himchan’s perfect lips as he gasped for air.

“Mmm?” Yongguk raised his eyes to look at Himchan. Himchan’s face was flushed pink and shining with sweat. His dark eyes bore an almost pained expression. They sparkled under the artificial light, like two galaxies filled with stars, inviting Yongguk to get lost in them.

“Stop teasing.” Himchan bit his lip and threw his head back, letting a groan escape his lips.  Yongguk smiled devilishly as he looked at Himchan’s clothed thighs that were wrapped tightly around his waist.

“If you insist.” Yongguk’s deep voice rumbled in Himchan’s ear, sending waves of ecstasy down his spine. The things Yongguk’s voice did to him were incalculable.

Outside the dark air was stirring, filled with the shouts of the drunk and the needy. But as the night progressed two voices filled with lust and pleasure rose above the rest. They floated above the city and carried far above the country side, dissolving quickly as they rose to the stars. The cries and tears of desire fell through the town, as if to hush it in this moment as love sparked in the tiny hotel room, burning far brighter than the now flickering bulb that illuminated the two sweaty bodies as they molded perfectly into each other. 

                                                          *

 Himchan was absolutely glowing, Yongguk noted.  His chest rose up and down quickly as he struggled to regain his breath. The experience had left both of them exhausted but satisfied. Yongguk turned his head to smile at Himchan who was still reeling from the sensation.

 

Yongguk rolled over Himchan, hovering over him, his palms sinking in the flimsy bed underneath him. He quickly pecked Himchan’s lips, taking one last taste of the man he had reduced to a begging boy in a matter of minutes. Himchan squirmed lightly, a tiny whimper of joy caught in his throat. “Yongguk.” He breathed airily.

“Yes?” Yongguk asked, settling back to his spot and smiling up to the ceiling.

“What do we call this?” Himchan snuggled closer to Yongguk, his warmth fanning over Yongguk’s torso.

“This?”

“Us.”

Yongguk stopped breathing while he desperately searched his mind for a delicate way of putting it.  Yongguk had at first planned on this being a one night thing, but he began to realize that craving Himchan was going to last much more than one night. As tired and marveled as Yongguk was by this new feeling, he already wanted to do it again. He wanted to feel Himchan again, to touch him delicately and listen to him whisper his name.  Yongguk felt deep within him, however, that this was more than just . His heart raced every time even the thought of Himchan crossed his mind. Yongguk, however, was unsure of how Himchan viewed this.

“Why do you ask?” Yongguk turned his head so he was face to face with Himchan.

“It’s a question like any other.” Himchan smiled. “Our little secret…”

“Wouldn’t this make us lovers?” Yongguk chuckled, revealing his gums.

“I suppose it would.” Himchan nestled his head in the crook of Yongguk’s neck, fitting in perfectly like a puzzle piece.

“My mistress?” Yongguk laughed and Himchan hit him playfully on the arm.

“Hey…I might be pretty but I’m a man, Yongguk.” He pouted his lips and Yongguk didn’t miss the opportunity to peck them quickly like a thief, stealing a kiss from Himchan. 

“Mon amant.” Yongguk purred. He liked the ring of that. Himchan sighed happily as Yongguk wrapped his arm around his shoulders to pull him in even closer.

The heavy gong of the church rang four times. Yongguk’s eyes fluttered open. It was almost morning and Yongguk need to get back so that Jieun wouldn’t be suspicious.

“Himchan…I have to leave.” Yongguk sat up and collected his clothes from the floor. He silently fitted his garments on, neatly.

Himchan sat up, spreading his arms in front of him. His dark eyes were glued to Yongguk as he pulled his shirt and jacket over his lean bust. “I wish I could see you more often. Yongguk school is starting again tomorrow. I won’t be at the hotel.”

Yongguk froze mid movement. He cocked his head to the side and squinted his eyes. “The university isn’t far from Bordeaux, now, is it?”

“No it’s in Créon.” Himchan named the little college town that wasn’t far but not close either. “But I am close to the duke’s father, he invites me to Bordeaux frequently.” 

“How will I know when you’re in town?” Yongguk didn’t want to sound needy, but that was exactly what he was feeling.

“I will write to you.” Himchan’s features lifted as he smiled and delivered his plan.

Yongguk hummed in approval and nodded his head. “I must get going, Himchan. I will be waiting anxiously for your letters.” Yongguk walked to the bedside and lay a gentle kiss on Himchan’s cheek. As he drew away he noticed the red marks that dotted Himchan’s neck. He smirked inwardly, as he had branded Himchan’s as his.

Yongguk left his heart in that hotel room. With each step he took, he felt the coldness of his monotonous life seep through his flesh and into his bones. He knew he was playing a dangerous game with Kim Himchan. If he was ever discovered it would mean the end of their relationship, and thus the end of Yongguk as he knew himself.