Tell Me Why

Distraction

“You…you are going back to Korea?” You voice went a little high pitch, being surprised by Jaeseop’s words.

“Erm…yeah I am going back for a while as U-KISS is going to have a comeback soon” he mouthed out his words while checking your expression at the same time.

“When will you be leaving for Korea?” secretly hoping it would not be a disappointing answer.

“I will be leaving on Monday night, is a midnight flight though.”

The awkward silence just fell between you two. You still tried to digest all the news in your mind however it seems a bit hard for you to accept it. Despite trying not to show any signs of being upset, you could feel that you are unable to take it with a sudden heartache.

“_______ ah? ________?? Are you all right?” Jaeseop shook your hands while you are in the daze.

“Ah! Sorry, I was in a daze. Monday?!... So…when will you be back?” you asked with a sense of sadness that wrapped around your words.

“Most probably the third semester, the promotions will last about 6 months or more.” He answered as he looked up and estimating the timing.

“Oh, all right…maybe I can send you off or something?”

“Well, I think it will be too late for you so there isn’t a need to, I can just meet you in front of your house before I set off.”

“But…but…”

“No but, so it will be set, I will let you know when I am going off. It’s getting late we should head home soon.” he cut off your words with a smile on his face.

A dark curtain fell over the land, the rays had long disappeared and to be replaced with small little sparkling stars that decorated the night sky. The sense of solitary seems to hit you hard enough even with Jaeseop walking beside you. Both of you have not been saying much since he told you about leaving for Korea the day after tomorrow.  It is very unusual for both of you to remain so quiet for such a long time.

“Erm...what’s on your mind?” he finally broke the awkward silence.

Erm nothing…just tired “somehow don’t even bother to answer him.

“Are you sure?” he starts patting your head again which makes your shiver a little.

You did not know what got over yourself; you slapped Jaeseop’s hand away from your head. Startled by the reaction, he just gasped his mouth wide open.

“What?? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I am just…tired” you answered with irritated tone.

You thought you could get away from it but when you turned and glanced at Jaeseop, both his eyes filled with a slight anger towards you.

“You always like this; you won’t even tell me what problem you are having. Do you still remember what we promise to each other in the first place? I said that whenever you have some troubles just share it with me right? You seem to keep hiding things from me. Do you even treat me as your friend in the first place?” he blurted it out with a single breath without any hesitation.

“I…I…” you are able to answer as tears start to well up at the corner of your eyes and eventually it just flows down.

Looking at you cried, he was surprised by his own words that he spilled out to you just now. Feeling regretful, he stepped up to you and tried to give you a hug. You pushed him away again.

“BECAUSE I LIKE YOU! THE REASON FOR ME BEING LIKE THIS BECAUSE I LIKE YOU!” you cried out with your face covered with tears.

“You…you like me?” he stammered upon hearing your answer.

You remain quiet as you were stunned by what you had said to him. Your lips start to quiver as you could feel tears kept rolling down.

“_______ -ah…I’m…” he said your name with his gentle voice.

“No… I am not going to listen to anything” as you covered your ears, refused to hear anything and started running back to your house. Leaving Jaeseop behind standing at the road, you ran with your might still able to hear him shouting your name.

Upon reaching your house, you slammed your bedroom door and threw yourself onto the bed. You wept while covering your face as slowly you can feel the pillow is soaked with your tears. It seems like you just let out all the pressures that piled up inside you being vexed about your feelings. The particular scene just kept replaying and you can’t believe that you actually blurted out your feelings for him.

“What have I done?” you thought as you are staring at Jaeseop’s poster that is on your wall.

Now how are you going to face him again is another concern that you faced. However being upset by the fact that he is leaving for his UKISS promotion, you decided to send him off as what you planned and also at the same time, planning what to give him as a gift.

Just then your phone rang which shows a text message from Jaeseop.

***I’m sorry…I guess you have a rough day but can I see you right now? I am outside your house.***