Remember

Distraction

Staring at the message, making rounds in your bedroom, you are thinking should you even head out to meet him. He was standing at the pathway, waiting for you as you looked out from your bedroom’s window. His face is filled with worries, and seems to be in deep thoughts.

After many thoughts, you picked up your phone and decided to ring him up, while still looking at him through the window.

“Hello? _______-ah…” you could hear Jaeseop’s frantic voice over the phone.

“Sorry Jaeseop-ah, I am tired and ready to off to bed.” You said with a restless voice.

“But…”

“Please…” as tears start to whelm up the corner of your eyes again.

“All right, rest well…” as he hanged up the phone. You could see him signed with disappointment in a distance as he slowly make his way back to his house.

You collapsed onto the ground by the window, with the phone on your hands.  You start to tremble as your sobbed quietly not to disturb your aunt’s family in this late night.

The warm sunlight showered into your room as you shirked your eyes. You checked the time on your phone which stated 10am as you sat up on the bed. The sudden headache caught you unintentionally, thinking the reason being by all the crying last night.  You checked your phone again for any missed calls or messages which sent you disappointment again. Thinking about the chances you going to lose him, you brought your knees closer to you started to drown in your own thinking again.

You decided to get prepared to head out in order to get a farewell gift for jaeseop. You were totally in a daze as you sat on the bus that is going to the town. Glancing out the window, you remembered the particular scene whereby both of you headed to the amusement park while having fun on the bus. Suddenly the melody that Jaeseop let you listened on the journey came to your mind, the sight of Jaeseop doing freestyle rapping flashed across quickly.

The bus stopped at your destination whereby you alighted from the bus with heavy steps as you headed towards the local mall. Despite telling yourself it is important of getting the gift, you mind are already pre-occupied the scene of the careless confession that you made to him. The embarrassment and the overwhelming sadness that he is leaving for about 6 months just keep hitting you hard.

Just as you were wondering around the mall, a vintage looking stall that is selling unique accessories caught your attention. Getting a closer look by taking a step, all the accessories were one of a kind and simply unique, which you can even choose which pedant to match with what kind of chains or simply D.I.Y. yourself.

“Hi Miss, How can I help you?” the salesperson approached you while you are looking around at the accessories.

“Oh erm… hi there, actually I was looking for a gift for a friend of mine, he will be going overseas for a long period…”

“Oh may I ask is it for guy or a girl?”

“Is…is for a guy actually…” you stammered while answering the salesperson.

“Is it for your boyfriend?” the salesperson smiled as she asked causing you to blush.

“No…is…just a friend actually, I want to get something special for him”

“Oh well actually why don’t you try to make one bracelet for him? I can help you out with picking the right item to match well with it.”

“Ok then…”

The salesgirl helped you to pick the various materials that will be made into a bracelet to him.

After reaching home, you’re started on your project right away due to the limited time before he flew off. You kept getting injured while trying to secure different pedants on to the chain. You got yourself a box of Band-Aid at the side and without your notice; you have been pasting your fingers full of plasters.

Soon the sun was set into the horizon as the sky slowly turned into a complete darkness and the pale glow of the moon began to show. You have been working on your bracelet and you even forget about your dinner when your aunt came into your room to ask you to have your dinner.

“Aren’t you going to have your dinner my dear?”

“Later…”

“What have you been busying with this whole afternoon? You have been locking yourself in the room ever since you came back?” you aunt asked with a voice of concern.

“I…actually, one friend of mine is going overseas and will be staying there for a long time so I was making a gift for him.” You answered while your hands are still trying to put those different materials together.

“Is it that guy that always sends you home?”

You were shocked by your aunt as she has been noticed Jaeseop all these time actually.

“I…I…”

“All right then, I shall not disturb you….just don’t stay up too late all right? I will left some food in the kitchen, just pre-heat the food in the microwaves will do.” After finishing her sentence, she patted your head with a motherly smile and went out of the room.

“Thanks aunt…” murmured to yourself and continued to make the bracelet.

The time you spent on making a piece of bracelet seems to be longer than what you have expected. Mainly the reason that you have not much experience in doing hands-on stuff and this is the first time making a bracelet which is for someone special thus you expect the bracelet to be perfect.

Looking at the completed bracelet, the sudden rush of the all the moments that both of you had together just ran through your mind. Suddenly, you felt both of your eyelids are heavy as slowly slipping into unconsciousness.

The loud commotion that occurs in the house wakes you up as your look out the window it is already the next following day. You realized that you have fallen asleep on the table yesterday night. Trying to check what the commotion about, you tried to stand up and without any warning you just fell onto the ground as both of your legs just went numb due to falling asleep while sitting on the chair. You massaged your leg to let the blood circulates before you tried to stand up again.

You went down to the living room as you heard laughter coming from there. As soon as you reached the living room, what’s surprised you is your mum is sitting in the living room chatting happily with your aunt.

“Mum…?” you began to tear up when you saw mum has flown all the way here just to see you.

“_______-ah….” She stood up and ran towards you and gave you a tight hug.

You slowly felt the tears rolling down as you have been missing your mum all these time and she is right in front of you.

“I miss you mum.”

“I miss you too my dear, how have you been.”

“I am fine mum…thanks for being here.”

 “________-ah, since your mum is here, why don’t bring your mum around your school to take a good look where are you studying?” you aunt suggested as you nodded.

After finishing with the lunch, you get prepared and brought your mum to Columbia University. Both of you have been chatting endlessly as there are so many things need to update her about your life here. Both you and your mum were walking along the park where you reminisced the time where Jaeseop start bringing you around on your first day of school. You also brought your mum to the café that both you and Jaeseop went whereby he happened to know you are a fan of him. Once both you and your mum sat down after finish ordering the food, you were in the total daze again.

“_______-ah…________-ah….”

“Oh! Mum…sorry…I wasn’t paying attention.”

“What’s bothering you my dear? You have been dazing all day.” Your mum asked with a concerned look on her face.

Slowly, you let your mum know about the whole matter between you and Jaeseop. Trying to hold back your tears, you described the whole incident to your mum. Just then your phone rang and the familiar name pops up on your screen.

******_______-ah, I just went to your house and realized that you are out, so hereby this message was send to you. Firstly, I am sorry about the matter the night before. I apologized that I wasn’t sensitive enough to notice your feelings. Just to let you know, my flight has been brought forward thus I am leaving to the airport now, most probably unable to bid farewell to you personally. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend all these time. I hope that when I came back, you will be welcoming me back with a smile. Till then, do take care of yourself. I will miss you. ******

Tears began to drop as you were staring at the messages as you didn’t know what you should do as your mum took over your phone and saw the message.

“My dear _______-ah, let me tell you something. Sometimes, Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. So follow your heart.” Your mum said as a warm smile appeared on her face.

“Mum…”

“So what are you waiting for dear?”

“Mum….thank you…and sorry I need to leave you here.”

“Is ok I will get your aunt to pick me up. Just get going my dear…” your mum smiled again.

After deciding what you going to do, you bid farewell with your mum at the café as you ran out and head to the airport.

Once you reach the airport, you began to look around frantically for Jaeseop. Looking at the vast area of the airport, you could feel your heartbeat racing fast.

Finally you saw the familiar figure standing at the check-in counter; you ran towards him and grabbed his arms while trying to catch a breath.

“I…I… found… you. Finally” while still trying to regulate your breathing.

“_______-ah, why…why are you here?” he stammered the moment he saw you.

“Why are you trying to do by making yourself leave early without bidding proper goodbye? Are you treating me like a fool? You know I…..” just as you are trying to rant out all your frustration in a single breath while hitting him onto his chest, he pulled you near and gave you a tight hug.

“Jae…Jaeseop-ah” you were lost of words but his sudden action.

“_______-ah, did you know actually that night I wanted to tell you something?”

“Huh?”

“The reason I being like that during that night, is because…I like you too…” he whispered into your ears.

You gasped with your mouth open, unable to believe the words that you just heard. The three words that came out from Jaeseop’s mouth seem so unreal.

“What…What did you say just now?” you tried to confirm with him again.

“Yes, I…LIKE…YOU… this silly girl” as he patted your head as you can see him smiling at you.

Still lost of words, he pulled you closed and the very next moment you could feel his soft lips were pressed against yours.

“And that’s a pact from me to you that I will promise you to come back.” As his lips pulled back from yours and a grin appear across the cheeks.

Just then, you pull out the bracelet that you have made with his stage name “AJ” pedants and helped him wore in on his left wrist.

“And this…is a pact from me that I will be waiting for you at the same spot till you come back.” After finish adjusting the bracelet, you gave him a peck on his cheek.

The perfect hug makes both of you melted into each other. You closed your eyes and able to hear Jaeseop’s heartbeats. Both of you wish the time will stop for this moment and without letting go of each other.

However, he will still need to return to Korea as he is going back for U-KISS comeback. After bidding each other the final goodbye reluctantly, you slowly make you way to the taxi stand as your phone rang again.

****** _______ baby, thanks for coming here, and I want you to know that I will always be in your heart no matter how far we are separated. The bracelet is really awesome; I will wear it with me every time. Please take good care of yourself and I will give you a call once I reach there. Once again, I love you baby. ******

Attached with the message, he sent you a picture of him taken together with the bracelet and the smiley face.

 Looking at the new wallpaper which is the photo of you and him, you smiled with tears at the edge of your eyes while murmured to yourself.

“Silly boy, I love you too…”

 


Author's Note

Hey guys, this is the end of Jaeseop's fanfic! sorry for the longest last chapter here.

thanks for all the support and comments all these time ^^

I will be write a brand new fanfic soon so please look forward to it.

Once again, thanks you all the readers ^^