I Don't Understand

Distraction

“So you live here? Wow, that’s really near to our school!” Jaeseop exclaimed while he insisted sending you home after chating for hours at the café earlier without realizing the time has pass so quickly.

“Erm…yeah, indeed but still I’m always kind of lazy to walk to school despite a short distance”

“Haha! Well…not anymore!” he said as a mischievous smile appeared on his face.

“Huh? What do you mean by that?” still unable to get his point.

“Well, I guess we are neighbors then, because my house is THERE!” pointed to you the house that was located just two houses down the road.

“WHAT?!”You blurted out in total shock.

First, you are surprised by the fact that he is your classmate; second, so coincidentally he knew you are a fan of his after going through some drama during the day which makes you lost your mind and eventually he doesn’t mind and became your first friend. And right now he is living just like few steps down the road near you.

“This is just too much to handle, ah…my neck!” you thought yourself, feeling a sudden ache as you grabbed the back of your neck.

“Haha, I guess we can call this fate huh?”

“Erm…yeah I guess...”

“Ok well you better get in… its nearly dinner time. I bet your aunt’s family is waiting for you to start the dinner. See you tomorrow then!” he waved at you as he turned around and leaped a little in an opposite direction.

Once you got into your room, followed by shutting the door behind, you just dropped everything and threw yourself onto the bed. Sighing loudly, you are both physically and mentally tired just on the very first day of school.

Looking up at the celling, you start to recap what you have been going through today. Those little moments just keep replaying as if there is a replay button installed at the back of your mind. You kept thinking about it until the extent that you are totally confused.

“AISH, I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING!!!”  You start to toss back and forth on the bed and messing up your hair and eventually without your notice, you just fell off at the edge of your bed.

Your aunt ran up the stairs to check on what causes the loud sound that can be heard from the first level. As the door was slammed open, she found you on the sitting on the ground as you are rubbing your forehead.

“Are you okay? I just rushed up as I heard the loud bang. What happened? ” she rushed to your side and checked on you.

“Ah…I am being careless…just fallen off from my bed haha…I’m all right…” you answered with a smiled while continue rubbing your forehead.

“Aigoo…there is a bump already! Go and wash up first, after that just come down and I apply some medication before dinner starts all right? Be careful next time.” Your aunt checked on the injury, and luckily is nothing serious apart from a swelled up bump.

You always admired what a great women your aunt is as she is this gentle and caring lady that manage her family well. Just like your mum, you knew she is someone can rely on here where you are miles away from your home.

Stepping out after a nice comfortable bath, you noticed there is a text message notification. Without any hesitation, you open up the message. It’s from an unknown number.

“SURPRISE!!!!!! Hey_______, this is Kim Jaeseop here. THE REAL KIM JAESEOP!  I bet your face will be looking like this while reading this message right now O.O HAHA! well actually when you went to the toilet this afternoon, I have secretly saved my number into your phone. Sorry didn’t manage to inform you earlier. Anyway, let’s meet up tomorrow morning and go to school shall we? I will meet you outside your house 8am. See you then! ^^”

“What?” you are simply loss of words when you see the message. Despite the shock, you kept staring at the message for the long time as you heard your aunt called from downstairs for dinner.

While walking down the stairs, the aroma coming from the kitchen makes your stomach growled. Looking at the dining table, the variety of dishes makes you amazed how your aunt managed to prepare these entire meals all by her. You bet that your aunt is one of the amazing cook beside your mum.

“Ok, dinner is ready!” as she placed the last set of utensils on the table.

As all of you were eating, you seemed not in the right state of mind as you are occupied by all the thoughts of things happened during the day despite by the delicious food.

“_______ - ah, are you ok? Still feeling unwell? ” your aunt asked as you can tell she is concerned about you from her worried eyes.

“Nope, I am just daydreaming.” You managed to laugh it off.

“That’s good. By the way, I saw someone send you home earlier, is he your new friend?”

“Oh! Erm… yeah…we are in the same class and he is guiding me around the campus.” You stammered, totally unexpected question popped up to you.

“Oh is it? Hahaha but he looks like a great guy…by the way, he just seems familiar…that face…”

You choked by the scope of rice you put into your mouth no long just a moment before upon hearing your aunt’s answer. You start pounding your chest as you having difficulty in swallowing such a big mouthful of rice.

“OH MY GOSH ARE YOU OK MY DEAR??!” your aunt jumped up from her seats and start thumping your back. Your cousin then helped you with a glass of water.

“I…I…okay…. So sorry! ” you answered as still coughing badly.

Of course, you aunt will find Jaeseop familiar as you have all the U-KISS posters all over the wall in the room that you aunt always cleaning up.

“Oh gosh, I really can’t expect what is going to happen to me in the future…It’s going to get complicated I guess…” you sighed as you prepared your mind to face more awkward encounters in the future.