Awkward Encounter

Distraction

“So you have been moving here not long? Where do you live then?” asked Jaeseop as he was munching the chips that he bought from the canteen while showing you around the school.

“Erm yeah… I am staying over at my aunt’s place, which is near the school…” you answered shyly as you still can’t even look up at your bias aka your classmate since when you realized he is your classmate.

“Oh I guess we could hang out more often yeah? Let me be your first best friend here. At least if somebody bully you or whatsoever, just let me know. I will help you!” he said while holding up his fist with an epic angry expression that makes you burst out laughter.

“I guess you finally loosen up yourself huh...I have been noticing that you have not been even looking at my face since the very start.”

“Erm well…haha maybe I am just trying to get use to the environment.” Of course you couldn’t tell him that why you can’t looking at him straight up is all because he is your bias and still couldn’t get over the fact you guys are in the same class now.

While walking around, Jaeseop has been showing you around this big campus that you guys decided to sit down at a park. Warm breeze was blowing as you close your eyes and listening to the leaves rustling like melody to your ears.

“Do you like it here?”

“Erm… yeah…it’s so relaxing here…” you answered as you turn your head to him.

Unexpected, in front of your eyes is this beautiful side profile of this human being. His relatively fair skin that blended well with his platinum blond curled hair, along with the long delicate nose; you couldn’t help but keep staring at him. His attractive face then beamed with a sheer delight as he seems to enjoying the moment.

“So shall we grab something to eat?  I’m hungry…” as he turned and looked at you.

Surprised by his action, you tried to look away quickly, praying that he won’t notice you that you have been staring at him all these time.

“Erm sure…lets go…” you answered shyly.

He got up and started walking, “what are you doing, you silly! You must get hold of yourself!” you mumbled as you knocked yourself on your head with you head. However you are clearly enjoyed every single moment that you spend together with him this whole day.

Few minutes later, he brought you to a school café located near the park. The simple white painted wall with few vintage typography posters that hanged round the wall to bring some life. Glass wall was used at other side where beautiful sunlight shines into the café. Black tables and chairs around the café was nicely placed in order, and along with the acoustic music and the coffee aroma that makes you can’t wait to try on some things on their menu.

“Here, this is one of the café around the campus that is managed by the student union. It’s definitely one of my favorite cafés and you must give it a try to their coffee drinks!” being excited like a kid, he just keep talking non-stop when it comes to food and started bombarded you with which are the recommended dishes

The waiter then come to served you and brought you two to the seats near the glass wall and took your order.

“What would you like to have?” asked the waiter.

“Erm….well give me a moment…________, what are the things would you like to order?” Jaeseop asked as he leaned his head while peeking over the menu

“Well…just grab me anything you recommend will be fine…” you answered.

“Well then, give me two sets of creamy chicken cabonara and two ice caramel latte…and that will be it! Thank you.” He ordered as he took over your menu from your hands and handed back to the waiter.

“Ok, your dishes will be served shortly. Thanks”

“This is a cute café, I like the atmosphere here, especially this seat that able to view the park outside” you smiled while still amazed by the details of the café.

“Well, I am glad that you like this place…the reason bringing you here is to let both of us know each other better!…let’s just do some Q&A!”  The corner of his lips curved upwards as he suggested the idea.

You nodded your head as trying to go with the flow by answering all his questions that he is curious about you. You shared with him a little bit about your family background and your interest all that well of course not by the fact you are a kiss-me. While chatting, both of your food has finally arrived.

“May I go to the washroom first?” you asked shyly while lowering your head.

“Haha I am not your teacher, you don’t have to ask me permission! Just go ahead, I will wait for you to start dining.” He joked.

Gently, you pushed back the chair away from the table in order to have the ample space to let you make your way to the toilet.

While waiting for you, Jaeseop eyes was wondering around as all of the sudden, the message tone from your phone rang. The screen of your phone came out with a pop up notification. He took a closer look and his eyes just opened widely he saw your wallpaper.

“Let’s start, sorry to keep you waiting…” as you adjusted yourself to your seat.

“Erm you have a message earlier…”he said as you suddenly realized something is not right.

“Uh huh…”

“And…erm…the wallpaper…” he said as he pointing towards your phone.

You were taken aback by the situation lied in front of you. You knew that you are messed up as your forget to change your wallpaper and what’s worse is that he even noticed it.

“I…I…I….” you simple can’t put the words to a sentence properly as you are disgraced and not sure what to answer right now.