epilogue

⚜ To Make or Break Us

[epilogue]

Four months have passed since the night that I broke us... It's funny how much can change within just that amount of time. I've felt a lot better than I have for while now. There was no drama, I didn't get hurt. I felt like I could breathe again. I didn't second guess myself anymore. There was no more jealousy. I just felt content. Glancing around the small café, I let out a small sigh and then turned my attention out the window to the beautiful scenery outside. The leaves were starting to change color, but the air was warm with the summer breeze still lingering in the wind. I smiled and kicked my feet a little, just to keep myself busy as I waited in the booth.

                "Hi, is this seat taken?" A familiar voice caught my ears before I turned and gasped. I didn't even answer, but he settled himself into the seat across from me anyways as he chuckled nervously, "Surprising how I'd run into you here after so long." It was a moment before everything registered in my mind and I smiled back, "Yeah. Funny, huh? How are you doing?" His tense shoulders seemed to loosen and he returned a more genuine smile, "I'm doing well. How about you? What are you doing coming to a café all alone like this?" I could hear the slight teasing in his tone and shook my head.

                "I'm fine and actually, I'm not here alone." I threw him a smirk when I saw how his eyes widened immediately in surprise. His jaw dropped slightly and he arched an almost amused brow, "Really? Is it—" He didn't get to finish as someone suddenly interrupted us. A medium sized cup was gently placed in front of me before I looked up in surprise.

                "I told them to add a shot of Vanilla to your Chai Tea. It tastes better than just regular." He flashed me a small smile and I automatically scooted over so that he could sit down beside me since his seat had been taken. I took my drink and was about to ask him what he had gotten, but didn't get the chance as he turned his attention away from me to introduce himself to our new companympotent nt .

                "Hi, I'm Baekhyun, and you are?" Baekhyun asked cheerfully as he lifted a hand up for a shake.

                "Jongin, but you can call me Kai." Kai smiled again from across the table as he shook hands with Baekhyun and then shot me a questioning look. I only shrugged my shoulders as Baekhyun asked, "So, are you two good friends?" Kai glanced my way again and then smirked, "Yeah, I guess you can say that." Then he winked teasingly at me before I felt my cheeks get hot from his sudden boldness. Baekhyun turned my way and arched a questioning brow before I blushed even more, "It's nothing. We met a couple of months ago. That's it."

                "Oh," Baekhyun grinned and then turned back to face Kai as he started a friendly conversation, "By any chance, do you know a Suho or Kyungsoo?" Kai's eyes widened before he nodded, "Actually, yeah, I do." Then he laughed cutely and asked in confusion, "Why are you asking?" Baekhyun laughed as well, "I know Suho and Kyungsoo as well and I hear them talk about a Kai a lot, so I was curious. That must mean that you know Eun Hee, too, right?"

                "Yeah, she works at a flower shop and she has a boyfriend named Luhan. That's basically all I know about Eun Hee," Kai grinned when Baekhyun gasped, "Ah! I work there with her. That's how I met Suho and Kyungsoo." The two guys exchanged more laughter and conversation with each other while I only sipped on my Chai Tea quietly and listened. What a small world. Funny how we're all connected in ways that we didn't even know. I let the two of them talk since I didn't really have anything to say either when Kai turned his attention to me.

                "I still haven't gotten your name, you know?" He chuckled before I felt my cheeks get super hot. I had totally forgotten that I had never told Kai my name. Ohmygod, how stupid could I be. I had to hold back the urge to facepalm myself as I stammered, "Su—Sujin." I looked back over at him and was about to apologize for my rudeness when Kai smirked, "Pretty name for a pretty face. Sujin~" I wanted to run and just bury myself under a rock. I felt so dumb.

                "So, thanks for your advice from before." His eyes changed slightly as he changed the topic to a more sentimental one. I immediately straightened up in my seat as I gasped, "Oh gosh, how did it go? Did you tell her everything? What did she say?" Kai only shrugged as he sighed lightly, "She still said no, but that's okay. I've learned to let go. I have more freedom now." He nodded cheerfully and then winked. I blinked in surprise. Was Kai flirting with me?! Before I could ask or say anything else, Kai glanced at Baekhyun and then back at me as he asked, "So…I'm taking that you two are still together?"

                "Actually, no! We're not dating anymore. We're just friends now." I laughed lightly while shaking my head and trying to wave off the topic. Baekhyun and I may have ended our romantic relationship with each other, but we both realized that we had the same group of friends. After two months, I realized that there was no use trying to always avoid him when I was going to see him often. Plus, I didn’t want our friends to constantly feel awkward whenever we were around. We're adults now, so we both need to be mature enough to understand that life just moves on. I looked back to Baekhyun to try and confirm it, but he wasn't paying attention anymore. Instead, he was looking down at his watch.

                "Hey, Sujin. The movie's going to start soon, we should probably get going." Baekhyun looked up from his watch and smiled. I forgot about the whole dating topic as I suddenly remembered the movie. Looking back to Kai, I flashed him a friendly smile, "Well, I guess that means I'll see you around now that I know that you know Eun Hee and them." He nodded and grinned, "Yeah, we should definitely hang out sometime. You know, like just you and me." Then he smirked teasingly before I laughed and rolled my eyes as Baekhyun got up and grabbed his drink. He moved so that I could get out as well before holding out his hand to shake hands with Kai again.

                "It was nice meeting you." Baekhyun nodded and Kai returned the head nod, "You, too."

                "Bye, Kai." I chuckled lightly and gave him a small wave. He pouted cutely before I laughed and shook my head at his shameless teasing as I turned to leave with Baekhyun behind me. Or I thought he was behind me until I felt his arm abruptly hook around my waist, startling me. I stopped in my steps and glanced back up at Baekhyun, but he was looking at Kai as he grinned, "See you around, Bro." Kai nodded back with an arched, but amused brow. I swore I felt Baekhyun tug me closer before he pulled me along with him and exited the small café.

                My heart thumped against my ribcage roughly and I pulled away from Baekhyun when we got outside before he glanced at me in confusion. I returned the frown, "What are you doing?" Baekhyun was never the touchy feely type with me, especially in public, so it felt weird. He stared at me for a second and then broke out into an adorable grin. He scratched the back of his head and laughed embarrassedly, "Oh, sorry. Habit." His answer was short and curt like it was no big deal and it brought back the old imagery of how he'd pull other girls close to him at clubs. I didn't hold back from making a face, because any guy who did that disgusted me now. Baekhyun's cheeky grin faded and I knew he could read my mind.

                "Wait—no—that's not what I meant—" He stuttered as his eyes widened fearfully. I only rolled my eyes and shook my head, brushing off the thought and his comment as I continued walking in the direction of the movie theater. Four months may be short compared to the years we've dated, but it was enough time to help me realize that I really didn't need to care so much. It had also given me time to regain my self confidence. A stupid memory wasn't going to hurt me anymore. Baekhyun quickly caught up with me and apologized with red cheeks, "I'm sorry—I didn't mean it like that."

                "Why are you sorry?" I laughed, "I honestly don't even care."

                "Wait, Sujin—I wasn't talking about then—I just meant—It was because—" He was stammering so much and his cheeks were turning redder by the second. I also noticed how his ears started turning red, something that only happened when he got super embarrassed, which was rarely. I just laughed, because he was really cute. I didn't remember Baekhyun being this cute ever since the old high school days. I hit him lightly in the arm and sighed, "Just shut up. It's fine. You don't need to freak out so much. It's not like we're still dating, Idiot." He stopped and bit his bottom lip for a moment before nodding slowly and following me again as we neared the theater.

                "Okay, I'll get the tickets since you already treated for lunch and at the café." I explained and motioned for him to wait as I went and got in line to buy tickets. Then I glanced back to double check that he didn't follow me before sighing in relief when I saw him waiting where I had told him to. I turned my attention back to the line as it moved forwards. It was definitely going to take some time to get used to an obedient Baekhyun. He used to bicker with me about every single little thing; it felt kind of off now that he was quieter. I didn't think he had changed much when he called me up two weeks ago and asked to hang out and just catch up, but I guess if I was able to change, then he could as well. We've been hanging out more since then, but not in a romantic way. It was more of a way where we're coming to just accept the fact that we can still be friends even with the history that we had.

                "You ask her."

                "No, YOU ask her."

                I rolled my eyes when I overheard the guys behind me talking about some random girl that had caught their eye. Seriously, they were too obvious. She probably already overheard them. The line moved and I stepped forward when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I glanced back and saw two decent looking guys staring back at me before one of them smiled shyly, "Hey, are you seeing this movie alone?" I only flashed a polite smile and shook my head. Weirdos. Then I was going to move forward in line when he asked, "Are you here with a friend? Did you two want to hang with us after the movie? Our treat." Ohmygod, not twice at once. I only flashed them both a polite smile, "Thanks, but its fine." I turned away and hoped that they got the message that I didn't want to talk to them as I stepped up to pay for the tickets.

                "I'll give you a discount if you give me your number." The guy in the booth winked before I blinked back in surprise. It took me a moment before what he said actually registered in my head. My jaw dropped because what the hell was happening? Then he laughed embarrassedly and handed me a ticket, "Just kidding, Beautiful. Yours is on the house tonight." I took the ticket and laughed lightly, still in shock as I pulled out my purse, "Thanks, but I came for two, so let me pay for the other one."

                "Actually, we got it." The two guys from behind me quickly stepped up and put their money down and grinned back at me sweetly before handing me the other ticket. Maybe getting hit on wasn't so bad after all. I guess I can understand why Baekhyun didn't mind it now. I only nodded back slightly as thanks and turned to head back to Baekhyun when I ran right into someone.

                "Oof—I'm sorry!" I blurted and bowed my head when I heard Baekhyun's voice reply, "It's fine."

                "Oh, it's you." I sighed in relief, because as nice as it was getting treated by handsome strangers, it was too much for me to handle. Baekhyun frowned and raised a confused brow as he chuckled, "Just you?" His hot breath brushed against my lips and I felt my cheeks involuntarily heat up when I realized just exactly how close we were standing next to each other. I leaned back slightly and felt myself almost lose balance when his arms suddenly wrapped around me and steadied me. I bit my bottom lip to keep myself from squeaking at how sturdy his hold was and looked up before catching his eyes.

                His brown eyes bore right through me and I felt my chest squeeze. For a second or two, I stared back, wondering when he would look away, but he didn't. So I quickly held out his ticket for him to take as I pulled away and cleared my throat softly as I broke our eye contact, "Your ticket." Baekhyun didn't stir until I waved the ticket. Then he grabbed my hand without a warning and pulled me with him into the theater. My heart skipped a beat, because once again, he had caught me off guard. Since when did Baekhyun hold hands in public? He rarely did that. We got inside and I quickly pulled my hand away from his, "Hey, what's going on? Why are you acting so weird?" He only frowned cutely in confusion, "What are you talking about?" The way he looked so confused made me feel dumb. Maybe I was just thinking too much and assuming weird things. I was probably just getting too full of myself after getting hit on by three guys at once.

                "Nevermind." I mumbled and handed him his ticket again. He only shook his head at him and plucked the ticket out of my hand. His long and slender fingers caressed my knuckles softly, but I pushed aside the thought. Baekhyun and I no longer had anything romantic between us. We were here as friends, because we both wanted to see this movie and that was it. Sujin, this is reality. Stop thinking about dumb thoughts, you're just reading too much into it like you always did. Baekhyun was over you and you were over him.

 

-

 

The car ride back was silent. Baekhyun hadn't said a single word since after the movie and it was kind of weird, but I figured that he was just probably tired from our hangout and all the walking around we did today. It made me feel kind of bad. Maybe I should've just driven to meet him today. I was planning to anyways, but he took me by surprise when he showed up at my place, so I guess I wouldn't have been able to anyways. He parked and we both got out as he walked me inside and up to my apartment room. The silence continued to linger between us until we reached my floor when one of the doors opened.

                My younger guy neighbor popped his head out before grinning, cutely, "Noona, did you have dinner yet?"

                "Oh—" I barely started to respond when he quickly continued, "I accidentally made too much food again, so you can come eat with me after your friend leaves." He flashed me another cute smile and I couldn't help but smile back as I laughed lightly, "Thanks, but it's all right. You go ahead and eat. Don't worry about me." Then he pouted adorably, "Ah, okay then. I'll pack the extra and you can take it for lunch tomorrow! I'll leave it by your door in the morning." I smiled at how kind he was and nodded before saying goodnight as he closed his door.

                "Is he always that friendly?" Baekhyun asked quietly as I unlocked my door while humming, "Mhmm. Yeah. He's a really sweet kid. He said that he's from a big family so he's used to cooking a lot of food and that's why he always has extra food." Baekhyun didn't reply, letting the conversation hang a little bit awkwardly in the air, so I swiftly added, "It's nice to have someone to eat dinner with, so I usually eat with him." I opened my door and walked in. I was going to turn on the lights when Baekhyun beat me to it, walking pass me and into my tiny apartment.

                "Well, we can eat together too." He stated softly as he glanced back at me. I felt my heart jump lightly and stared back in shock when he quickly added, "Well—I mean—if you didn't live so far from me, that is." I nodded and saw him shuffle his feet. It wouldn't be nice to just shoo him out now after he mentioned eating together. I mean, we were still friends, so it would be mean and it could make things awkward again. If I made him leave, it'd be like I was saying that I wasn't over the fact that we broke up. Either way I looked at the situation, I didn't really have a choice. Plus, it was just Baekhyun. It wasn't like anything weird could happen. Closing the door behind me and locking it, I pulled on a friendly smile, "Well, you're already here. I can cook something small for us to eat."

                "Really!?" He blurted excitedly and I looked back to him in surprise. For the slightest second, I caught the child-like anticipation spark in his eyes, but it disappeared just as quickly as it had appeared when he quickly cleared his throat, "I mean, yeah. Cool. I'll help." Then he took off his shoes and hurried into the kitchen before I rolled my eyes and kicked him out. I made him go sit on the couch and watch television while I cooked dinner. It felt kind of oddly nostalgic. Almost as if we were seriously dating again, but we both knew that those days were over. I glanced over my shoulder before seeing Baekhyun quickly whip his attention back to the show on tv. After I was done cooking and setting up, I called him over so that we could both eat.

                "Woah, it looks so good!" He grinned widely as he stared at the food. I felt another squeeze in my chest and quickly reached out to knock him on the head lightly as I laughed to cover up my embarrassment, "This isn't even anything, Idiot. There's just one dish." I pulled my hand away when his reflexes startled me. Baekhyun grabbed my hand just as I was about to pull away and I gasped when he squeezed my hand gently and looked back up to me with eyes that I couldn't read. Then with a blank face, he parted his lips and sighed quietly, "I miss your cooking."

                I stiffened on the spot, because I didn't know how to react. My heart started pounding erratically against my ribcage without my permission. I didn't want him to feel how crazy my pulse was, so I tried to pull away, but he only tightened his hold around my hand and tugged me closer. I glanced at our hands and then back at him, still trying to understand what the hell was going on when a knock on the door broke the tension in the air. Baekhyun glanced towards the door and I used his distraction as my escape by pulling away so that I could go answer it.

                "Noona! There's actually enough for you to eat tonight and tomorrow!" My friendly neighbor chirped happily as he practically shoved the huge bag of packed food into my arms. I almost dropped the bag when he abruptly closed the distance between us and grabbed the bag from me again. I didn't even get to thank him as he pushed pass me and walked in, chattering happily, "Ah, sorry! It's kind of heavy, so I'll just put it on the tabl—" He stopped when he turned and saw Baekhyun sitting at the table.

                "Oh, you're still here?" He sounded surprised, but I didn't see his face as he set the food down.

                "That's a lot of food." Baekhyun only pointed at the bag, completely brushing off his question.

                "Yes, I like to cook a lot so—" He suddenly gasped super loudly and pointed at the dish on the table. Then he glanced back at me with huge puppy eyes as he whined cutely, "Noona! Did you cook?! How come I never get to eat your food?! I thought that we were a family!" I suddenly felt a chill shoot down my back and I was going to tell him to join us when he sighed loudly, "Ah, that's fine. Just promise me that you'll cook for me tomorrow night!" Then he ran over and kissed my cheek without a warning before dashing out the door and back into his apartment.

                "What was that?" Baekhyun frowned at me as soon as I closed the door.

                "Like I said, he has a big family so he's just used to cooking this way." I laughed lightly, ignoring his question and changing the topic as I joined him at the table again when his face went blank and he started picking at his food. I unpacked some of the food and pulled them out onto the table. Baekhyun only made a face at the food as if they were poisonous or something. Rolling my eyes as I sat down across from him, I shook my head, "Don't make that kind of face, it's completely safe and super yummy. Plus he's from a chef family, so its way better than my cooking."

                Baekhyun muttered something under his breath and I was going to ignore it when he swallowed his food and looked back up to me. I raised a brow when he stared and it was a moment before he finally sighed, "Sujin, do you not realize that they're flirting with you? Every single one of them: Kai, the guys at the movie theater, and your neighbor." I only frowned and continued eating, "The guys at the movie theater? Yeah, I noticed, but Kai and my neighbor? No. They're just nice."

                "No, they're flirting with you. All of them are." He tapped his chopsticks on his rice bowl lightly almost as if he was getting annoyed, but I only shrugged it off, "No, they're not. You're just reading too much into it." His jaw dropped in disbelief as he asked in complete shock, "What does a guy have to do to let you know that he's flirting with you? Say it to your face?" I only nodded and laughed, "Pretty much." Baekhyun's jaw dropped and he looked completely flabbergasted as if I had just dropped a bomb or something.

                "Shut your mouth and eat. Don't let the food go to waste." I snapped at him when he glared at me cutely. He huffed and puffed a little bit, but then did as I said anyways. Why did it matter if guys flirted with me or not? It s not like I flirted back. There was a difference. I didn't understand why it seemed like such a huge deal. After eating, he tried to help me clean up, but since I liked doing dishes alone, I told him that he could just leave. I started the dishes as he went to grab his jacket.

                "Good night." I hummed when I heard him heading back towards the kitchen to leave.

                "I'm tired. Let me stay here tonight." His breath brushed against my neck as I felt his arms suddenly wrap around me from behind. I dropped a bowl and my heart almost jumped out of my chest, but I quickly regained composure and grabbed the bowl to continue washing it as I shot back, "What are you doing, you idiot? You have work tomorrow and like you said, I live far away, so you need to go back." I felt his arms loosen around me and inwardly sighed in relief when he tightened his hold again and buried his face into the curve of my neck.

                "I don’t want to go. I want to stay with you." His reply was blunt, but gentle.

                "You already spent the whole day with me. Hurry up and go." I nudged him lightly in the stomach with my elbow but he only pulled me closer and shook his head as he repeated, "No. I want to be with you." I stopped doing the dishes and pulled away from him, frowning, "Okay, seriously, you're acting really weird today, you know that? When did you get so touchy?" Even though my heart was pounding, I kept on a straight face as I pushed him back slightly. He didn't need to know how fast he was making my heart race. Baekhyun's cheeks turned red as he looked away and avoided my eyes, "I don't know what you're talking about."

                "Okay, then hurry up and leave, because you're creeping me out." I pushed him away again when he grabbed my wrist and pulled be back into his arms. I was about to snap at him when he buried his face into the crook of my neck again and mumbled something. I frowned and tried to push him back as I asked, "What?" He only tightened his hold around me and pulled me closer as he mumbled again. I rolled my eyes and raised my voice, "What?"

                "I said I'M JEALOUS!" He snapped when he straightened up to look at me. My mind blanked out immediately and I stood still, dumbfounded as he blushed madly and scoffed to try and cover it up, "I don't like how you're so nice to all the guys that hit on you. I don't like the way they look at you. It makes me want to punch them and throw them off a cliff. I don't like how they talk to you either and I don't like how it doesn't bother you. It makes me want to steal you and hide you away forever so that they can never touch you or be near you." He paused and huffed cutely, "There. Can I stay now?"

                "But—I don't even flirt back with them—there's a difference. Why should you even be jealous?" I tried to loosen his hold around me when he snapped, "Because you're already mine!" As soon as the words left his lips, he suddenly halted as if he didn't mean to say what I just heard him say. I felt a tight squeeze in my heart and tried to step back when his eyes widened and quickly pulled me closer, stammering, "Wa—Wait, no, don't pull away from me. Please." His voice had softened and I quickly broke our eye contact, still completely blown away by what was happening.

                "Sujin, I miss you." Baekhyun breath and I felt my heart skip a beat as I hesitated before looking back up at him. He leaned in and I turned my head slightly when he murmured into my ear, "I miss you so much. Please don't push me away anymore." I placed my hands on his chest to stop him and he glanced back down at my hands. Slowly, he loosened his hold around me and I felt his warmth leave me as he stepped back and took a deep breath, "Am I the only one who's still waiting?" He looked up and the light caught his glassy eyes. My heart squeezed painfully and I wanted to reach out, but instead I pulled my hands down to my sides.

                "No." I looked away from him as I answered truthfully. Yes, I've changed in the past four months. I've become a lot stronger and I didn't have to deal with stress or drama. I may have moved on and accepted the fact of our breakup, but there were many times when I still missed him as well. Sometimes I still sit and wonder, waiting for an answer to the one question that tore us apart. So many times, I've wanted to ask, but I always ended up getting too scared to ask. What will happen once I do receive an answer? Will we both find a way to make us work? Or will the both of us finally break off from each other completely?

                "What are you waiting for?" His question was quiet, almost as if he feared the same thing I did.

                "For the answer, Baekhyun." I answered slowly and forced myself to look back up to him. I didn't have to say anything else, because we both knew each other well enough to know what I meant. He searched my eyes for a long moment and then nodded, "All right then." Then he took a deep breath and stepped back before clasping his hands together nervously, "The truth is...I felt really lonely a lot." My breath got caught in my throat and I felt my cheeks heat up. What? Why? I wanted to ask, but I couldn't find the words.

                "You were always really busy with work," Baekhyun locked eyes with me as if he could read my mind. "You were always too tired or you were cranky and didn't want to talk. You wouldn't let me help you with anything." I felt every reason stab into me like a knife and felt my heart almost stop when he took another shaky breath, "But most of all, Sujin. You never considered how much it hurt me when you left me alone."

                "I…" I didn't know what to say, because his words blasted a hole into my brain. He was right.

                "I—I know that it was stupid of me. I always stayed out so late because…the only time you seemed to care was when I had other girls wanting me. It made me feel like you wanted me again." Baekyun stammered and I could see him struggle to swallow, "It was dumb, but I promise you and I swear on my life that I never did anything with anyone. You were the only one that mattered to me. You still are the only one that matters to me." A couple crystal droplets fell from his eyes and he swiftly wiped them away.

                "Baekhyun, I…" My mind felt like it had come to a complete stop. He avoided my eyes and walked over to my door. I turned and followed him. My heart ached. I wanted to reach out to him and tell him that I was sorry. I had never noticed anything. I never even thought that I had been hurting him. But yet, here we were. Baekhyun was apologizing for being selfish, but this whole time, I was also being selfish.

                "I wanted to tell you that on that night, but I screwed up. I was hurt, so I hurt you. I couldn't forgive myself and I wanted to tell you so many times but..." I stared at him, waiting to hear his answer. It never came, because deep down, we both knew the answer. I had a lot of chances to ask and to talk about what had happened that night too, but I never did either. I was too scared. He was scared too.

                "I'm sorry that my selfishness led us to where we are now." Baekhyun swallowed and opened my door as he glanced back one last time, "I still love you, Sujin... G'night." Then he left and closed the door behind him.

 

We weren't even a couple anymore.

 

So why did I feel like I was losing him a second time?

 

A sob escaped my lips and I knew what I had to do. Within seconds, I was already out in the hall practically shouting, "If you take another step, I swear that I'll completely disappear from your life, Byun Baekhyun!" He froze in his tracks and there was a long silence before he turned back to look at me with wide eyes.

                "You can't freaking tell me all of that and then just leave me alone!" I gasped as I felt my eyes get hot and wet as my heart started to hurt. It was my fault too. I remembered. He tried to tell me and I didn't listen. I sniffed and tried my hardest not to cry, because I've worked so hard over the past four months to learn how to hold it in. It was then that Baekhyun quickly rushed back to me and pulled my face into his hands.

                "Yah, don't cry! I'm sorry! Please don't cry!" His eyes were wide with worry and his hands were so warm, I couldn't help it but shut my eyes and let the tears fall as he pulled me into his arms.

                "I'm sorry!" I cried even more, "I'm sorry I was a bad girlfriend! I'm sorry I was selfish too! I'm really sorry! I'm sorry I was so mean that night! Why didn't you tell me sooner?! I wouldn't have been so upset if you would've just told me how you were feeling! Isn't that what couples are supposed to do?!" I sobbed and hit him roughly on the chest, angry at myself and at him. I was frustrated that we were both so dumb and so caught up in our own thoughts that we had forgotten about us.

                "Well…I'm telling you now, aren't I? Aren't we making progress as a couple then?" Baekhyun lifted my face up and smiled back at me with teary eyes. I felt my heart squeeze with warmth.

                "After like—four months!" I tried not to cry, but more tears kept falling because he called us a couple again. And even thought I was mad, his words comforted my aching heart. It gave me hope again and this time the thought of having hope didn't scare me anymore.

                "Baby, I'm so sorry, please don't cry anymore." He wiped away my tears with his thumbs and lifted my face so that I was looking up at him. I sniffed and pulled him closer as I hiccuped, "Stop. Just shut up and kiss me you idiot." Baekhyun laughed lightly and leaned in to press his lips against mine. It was then that all the burning and aching in my heart finally subsided into gentle waves and butterflies in my stomach. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer as I returned the kiss before pulling back and breaking it.

                "I love you, Sujin." He whispered and then kissed the top of my head again.

                "I'll always love you, Baekhyun." It felt good to say it out loud.

                "So, can I stay the night?" He teased as he wiped my cheeks again when I sniffed, "I guess." and then he chuckled and pecked my lips again, "Maybe I'll stay forever." He whispered and I grunted jokingly in distaste before burying my face into his chest and smiling. Because forever sounded absolutely perfect.

 

Jealousy may have broken us last time. But this time...it made us.

 


Yayyyyy!! I hope that you guys can forgive me for taking FOREVER to update this. But I finally figured how I wanted the epilogue to end! I hope that you guys enjoy it as much as I did writing and re-writing and re-writing again.

And thank you, readers. You all are so amazing and so kind to me always. I seriously love you all so much TT^TT

 

Love, e