Different

The Beauty and the Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kai is a werewolf."

Saehee whipped around to see a shadow in the night. The grandma had taken her lamp with her, so the only light amongst the trees was from the moon that hazily hung overhead. 

Saehee scrambled for the blade at her thigh and held it out in front of her. "Show yourself!" She declared. 

The shadow came out into the clearing, revealing it's form in the light of the moon. Saehee gasped as she was met face to face with a huge russet wolf, his head towering just above her head. He was panting hard, as if the slightest movement was killing him from the inside, but his eyes glowed gold. 

Saehee couldn't move. "Was....was it you who just said that?" She whispered. 

The brown wolf said no more but slightly moved its huge head as if to say yes. She gasped and took a step backwards. "Wait. Are you the wolf who saved me that one time?" 

Another nod. 

"So you're hurt. I cut you with silver." 

The wolf repeated the motion for the third time and moved its nuzzle in a direction in which Saehee could see the cut she had made on his stomach. Saehee gasped and rushed to the wolf. 

"Here, take this." She held out the small clasp of healing potion that she had hidden in the pockets of her cloak. She poured it into the collection of water amongst some rocks and waited as the wolf slowly padded his way over and lapped up most of the water. 

"Thank you. For saving me from the other wolf. And...goodbye. I am leaving." 

The wolf just watched her as she backed away. She turned away for the last time before realizing the words they had met with. 

"Wait, please tell me who Kai is." She whispered, and she knew he heard it. His gold eyes darkened into a dark brown, emphasizing the hatred and anger he harbored towards whoever Kai was. He stared deep into her eyes and then looked towards the cave, as if signaling her towards the one person who was with her. 

"Jongin?" The wolf looked back to her and nodded. "Wait no, Jongin is a human. He told me he's a part of a village dedicated to rescuing people like me." Saehee couldn't believe it. She almost laughed at the ridiculous notion. Jongin? A werewolf? No. If he were one, he would have already killed or kidnapped her. It had been almost two weeks now. But the wolf's eyes that bore into her own only confrmed her deepest fears. 

The wolf began to slowly make its way back into the forest. Dumbfounded, Saehee watched him go, un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter