Chapter Five

Bittersweet Love

Chapter five

Yonghee wakes up and find herself in an unfamilar place.  She jerks up from the bed and looks around room until  her eyes lay on a bright yellow post-it. She picks it up and read the letters on the paper, "You were asleep so I thought it was better for you to sleep. I will coming to get you early in the morning! There is a small cafe near the apartment. Go there if you wake up and you are hungry. Don't forget to text me if you are going!"

Yonghee smiled and got off the bed and headed into the bathroom. She lightly got herself cleaned up and decided to goto to the cafe Hyerin mentioned. She stepped outside her dorm and waited for the elevator to come to her floor, which didn't take too long. She didn't notice Leeteuk was in the elevator until the door closed and started to head down.

She tensed up as soon as she saw him. Yonghee leaned herself into the corner as far as possible from Leeteuk. "Don't worry, Yonghee-sshi... I'm not-" Leeteuk's words were cut off when suddenly the elevator came to a halt. 

Sweat started to drop down Yonghee's face as her skin started to look pale. Leeteuk stepped closer to her, "Yonghee-sshi! Are you okay? You look pa-"

"Stop!" Yonghee cut him off, "Do... Don't come any closer!" She said with a shaky breath. "Please! Leave... Me alone..." Her life drained as she plopped to the ground. Leeteuk quickly went by her and tried to wake her up but she had no response. 

"Yonghee! Yonghee-ah!" Leeteuk places the back of his hand on Yonghee's head which was cold and clammy. "Damn it!" Just then Yonghee's phone rang and the caller ID read Hyerin. "Good time Hyerin!"

"Leeteuk-sshi?" Hyerin replied with a surprised voice, "Why are you answering Yonghee's phone?"

"I was going down to have breakfast at the cafe and I met Yonghee going down. Well then she started to get nervous and the elevator stopped and she fainted!" Leeteuk explains in a paniced voice, "She won't wake up and she's really pale and shivering. The elevator is broken down and I don't think the emergency button is working properly!" Leeteuk constantly presses the button which had no responce. "Damn it! What do I do?"

"Leeteuk-sshi! Calm down, I will call the ambulence and the fire department. First of all, try to keep Yonghee warm as possible. Around what floor are you?" Hyerin says in a calm voice.

Leeteuk covers Yonghee with the sweater he was wearing as he looks up the elevator which read the 4th floor. "Around 4th floor."

"Thank you Leeteuk-sshi. Just keep calm, I will call them and they will come soon." Hyerin says before she hangs up on Leeteuk to call 911.


"You know I love you," the boy says as he snuggles into Yonghee.

"I know you do Jaekwon!" Yonghee says as she hugs him back, "If we didn't love each other, we wouldn't be celebrating out 3rd anniversary!"

The two love birds stuck close together to keep warm as they walked out of the mall on a winter day. The snow just started falling. The sky was blue and the air was crisp. It was a beautiful day. The two headed inside a cafe and ordered two hot white chocolate mochas with marshmellows. "I have something for you." Jaekwon says.

"What is it?" Yonghee asks with a smile, taking a sip of her coffee. Jaekwon slip his hand down is pocket and bring something out from it. He places his fist infront of Yonghee and smiles. He drops down a silver heart ring on the thin silver chain infront of her. "My gosh! It's beautiful!" Yonghee says as she takes the ring.

"It's a couple ring." Jaekwon says as he pulls out his other hand showing the mathing ring. "It's about time we get one. 3 years is too long."

After the couple got their hot fluid in their body, they started to head out until the two heard a woman scream. "Theives! Get them!" Two men were running out of a jewelry shop, their hands filled with necklaces and rings. A car started rushing towards the two guys until the car slightly lost it's control and went on the sidewalk. The man driving stepped on the break and stopped right infront of Yonghee, slightly hitting her.

"Yonghee! Are you okay?" Jaekwon quickly kneels down to help her up. The man in the car steps out and groans. He eyes Yonghee and quickly grab her away from Jaekwon. He takes out his knife from his pocket and points it to Yonghee's neck. "Hurry up and load the car you dimwits!" he yells.

Blood started to slide down from Yonghee's head as the impact from the crash hit her head. She felt the sharp point poking her skin as well as blood started to drip down her neck as well. "Stay back! And don't you people dare to call the police or this girl will meet the end of her life!"

"You there! Lover boy!" the man holding Yonghee points to Jaekwon. "Why don't you help my boys for awhile and I will let your girl free. No harm done right?"

Jaekwon's next words came crashing down Yonghee has she felt betrayal. "What are you talking about?" Jaekwon says. He slowly slipped of his ring and dropped it to the groun without anyone noticing but Yonghee, "I don't know her. I just happened to help her up. I swear that it's my first time meeting her. Why would I want to ruin my reputation for a girl that I don't even know?"

"Jae... Jaekwon!" Yonghee pleads. The man scoffs, "Well then, I guess we will take her as well! Suits our style!" He dragged her to the back of the car where the other two men loaded the jewelry and shoved her in. "Now stay quiet!"

The three men loaded in the car and rode off.


"Yonghee! Yonghee!" Hyerin shook her friend's body as she was getting rolled into the ambulence. "Please wake up Yonghee!"

When the ambulence started heading toward the hospital, Yonghee's eyes started to flutter open slowly, "Mom... Mom..." She started to cry out as her painful memory came back. "Mom... I'm scared..."

Hyerin started to cry. She placed both of her hands by Yonghee's cheeks, "It's okay Yonghee. I'm here."

"Hyerin...?" Yonghee asks, confused. "Why are you here? What happened? The... The last thing I remember is being pushed into the trunk of the car... I..."

"No Yonghee..." Hyerin says calmly, "It's just a dream. A bad dream okay? You are going to be alright. I'm here. Don't forget that. I'm sorry that I left you. I should've just woke you up and went home together. It's my fault. I'm sorry."