Chapter One

Bittersweet Love

Chapter One

( Flashbacks will be in grey. italicised words are thoughts)

Yonghee has checked in her single luggage long ago and was waiting for the plane to be ready for her to aboard. She was sitting down on a sit near a window, tuned out from the rest of the people. She had her red Beats by Dr. Dre headset listening to soft tune music when she dazed off, staring off into nothing.

Yonghee's father started the engine with his keys while her brother, Jaemin buckled his belt. Yonghee was out the car with the backseat door open. She yelled to her mother through the open door that was connecting the garage and the hallway to her house, "Mom! Hurry up! I know you want to look good but I'm going to be late!"

"Just a bit more sweetie!" her mother replied back, "I'm almost done!"

Yonghee rolled her eyes, "Mom! You could do your make up in the car!" Yonghee shouted, "It's already five and I need to be there by five thirty! You know it takes us over an hour to get there! It's my chance to be casted into a entertainment and you know how important this is to me!"

Her mother dashed out of the house and quickly head in the car, followed by Yonghee. "Sorry sweetie," Yonghee's mother said as she got in. As soon as Yonghee closed the door, the car drove out of the garage, quickly entering the highway. 

Yonghee scoffed and put her hand on her chin and stared out the window, mumbling to herself, "You better be... This may be my only chance."

Yonghee was snapped out of her daze when an announcement was made, "May I have your attention please. Flight Foxtrot 471, heading to Incheon Airport is now ready for boarding. We will be boarding shortly. Passengers with first-class and business-class tickets, please make your way first."

Yonghee stood up, taking off of her headset, "People should be organized more. Delaying this big flight for over two hours." She took out her plane tickets and headed towards the ground attenden to took her passport and ticket to check. When the attendent handed her back her ticket, she placed her belongings back in her bag and headed in. She found her seat 7 C and sat down.  She looked around the area after some time and noticed that it was still empty and the ecomony seats were not being boarded either. "Wonder what's the big delay?" she asked herself.

Then Yonghee heard screams from outside the plane. She looked out her window towards the building. There were a whole crowd of fans holding paper boards that had many things written on it. Their shouting was faintly audible. "Oh great, you've got to be kidding me. Please don't tell me those are idols?" she says rolling her eyes.

As if someone was listening, a group of boys entered the plane. They all had the 'I'm an idol' posture implanted into them. They all had sunglasses on and had the fake smile on them. The boys took a seat and closed the windows immediately, and then taking off the smile and glasses off thier face. Yonghee was annoyed, knowing that she wouldn't have a quiet trip. She covered her eyes with her beanie and wrapped herself with the blanket provided and went to sleep.

The sky was a creamy orange color. To Yonghee's views, everything was a blur. Everything around was spinning, even if her whole body was stuck to the ground. There were so many things going in her head that she was in a state of shock. The ringing in her ear didn't stop and the sound of the loud siren didn't help her either.

The last thing she remembered was a bright shine of light heading her direction and a second later, her whole body was shot forward. She felt the impact of the car hitting the other car and spinning.

There were paramedics surrounding her asking her questions, performing emergency first aid while taking her into the ambulance. Yonghee passed out immediately as soon as she was carried her into the ambulance and the last thing she heard was the paramedics cursing and yelling at each other to keep Yonghee alive.

"Miss?" the voice of the flight attendant woke her up. "Yes?" Yonghee replies.

"You missed the earlier dinner. There are foods that were saved up." the attendant says. "We have grilled chicken, mixed rice, and fried beef. Each comes with hot soup of seaweed."

"I would like the mixed rice please." she replies and the attendant nods. She brings out the plate of food and pour in hot water for the soup. "Hope you enjoy the meal, miss."

Yonghee looked around and noticed that she has been sleep for some time, seeing that everyone else already had their dinner. She shrugged and open up her meal, pouring a packet of hot sauce into the bowl to mix in. She her lips hungrily as she mixed her food together and took a spoonful to .

Yonghee was about to eat when she was disturbed by a couple of fangirls. They knocked over the mixed rice and hot soup onto her. “Damn it!” Yonghee shouted out as the hot soup burned her arm.

If she burn her arm or not, the fangirl's only focus was on the idol infront of them. "Eunhyuk oppa! May I have your autograph?"  one girl said, "Donghae oppa, can I have yours? I'm your biggest fan!" said the other. Yonghee just rolled her eyes.

A flight attendant came over quickly seeing the situation, with her co-worker behind her. "Miss, please come this way." she as she escorted me to the small attendant's lounge. The other attendant started to scold the teenage girls, taking her back their own seats.

Yonghee sat down on one of the foldable seats and the attendant placed bagged ice on her arm while she was taking out the first aid kit. "Sorry for the inconvenience miss, it won't happen again." she said as she dabbed on ointment on Yonghee's arms, finishing it off by wrapping a bandage around her. 

"This better not happen again." Yonghee growled. The attendant nodded and apologies again. Yonghee returned to her seat and grabbed out her bag to take out her spare shirt.

"I'm sorry about my fans miss." Eunhyuk spoke to Yonghee. She rolled her eyes and threw hew bag in the upper storage room and smashed the door close, which made him and few of his group member jump. They were are staring at her in surprise.

"Good for nothing celebrities." Yonghee spat out. "Don't think that just because you are idols that everyone would forgive you. You idols are all human and no one gets treated higher standards then other people. Weather it be a king. I've worked with many celebrities and they are all the same. Self centered and obnoxious people who only care about their image. Now if may be even kind enough to make the rest of my plane ride quiet." 

She left the boys with wide eyes and open mouth as she headed into the bathroom, quickly coming out, with a fresh shirt on. She threw her dirty shirt into the over head bin and sat back down in her seat. She put on her headset again and blasted her music on.

"She is sure feisty." Donghae said as everyone else went back to doing their own things.

Yonghee wakes in a room filled with the scent of medicine. She looks out the window and the statue of liberty was visible. "Where am I?" Her body was covered in bandages and casts so she was strained from moving. At the moment a nurse walks in. Her eyes widens as soon as she sees Yonghee awake and rushes out to call in a doctor.

The runs a full body check up on her, checking if her brain signals and blood pressure was normal. She returned to ther room an hour later. When everything was finished, she as the nurse beside her, who was connecting Yonghee to a new bag of IV fluids. "Um... May I ask how my family is doing?"

The nurse went silent. Her voice quivered when she spoke, "I'm sorry miss, but your family was dead on the scene. You were the only survive in the accident. I'm sorry for your loss." the nurse quickly finished her job and rushed out.

As for Yonghee, the whole world crushed down on her. Months passed but she was still in the same state. She couldn't even attend her own family's funeral as it was too hard for her. She was blaming evenything on her and thought that evenyone in her life hated her that they needed to leave her. 

Yonghee slowly woke up from her nightmare. Her face was covered in sweat. Damn it! Not this again. She quickly stood up and went into the bathroom, washing her face with cold water. Forget the memory Yonghee. You are going to start a new one. A better one. Yonghee finally went back to her seat after thirty minutes being in the bathroom.

The rest of the flight was long for Yonghee as her memories lingered in her head. She tried to forget it but nothing seemed to be helping. Yonghee opened her blinds and the shining light shown through the window. Down below was land and the plane was soon to land in Incheon Airport.


The first chapter is rewritten! I probably won't have a lot of these notes. And yes! I decided to name the character Hwang Yonghee as I started to dislike all the ______.

Hope you enjoyed it! There will be multiple updates as I want to rewrite these as fast as possible.

And another question. Is the font too small or should I make i bigger?