XIV

Beautiful Stranger *EDITING*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

MA, United States

Jung Empire Building

Mrs.Jung looked puzzled. She then heaved a frustrating sigh."You know Soojung right? Her bratty and selfish attitude won't accept this if I tell her to marry CEO Choi's son," she let out a sigh once again. "Umm, Ah Jin-ah, can Sulli marry CEO Choi's son instead of Soojung?"

 

"Sure! Sulli would love to.. right?" Mrs. Choi replied with an enthusiastic tone and whispered the last part. A hint of happiness plastered on Mrs. Jung's face. "Really? You would do that?" Mrs. Jung asked.

 

Mrs. Choi nodded and smiled. "Oh, thank you so much Ah-Jin-ah!" Mrs. Jung exclaimed as she enveloped Mrs. Choi in a hug. "I'll make sure to inform this to CEO Choi," Mrs.Jung said and Mrs.Choi nodded.

 

.

.

.

 

Uneasiness started to spread in Mrs.Choi's heart. How can she easily agreed to that arranged marriage? It's not like she's the one who's gonna get married for god's sake! It's her daughter! She used to say that her daughter can have her own happiness with the man she loves but what happened to what she said to her daughter back then?

 

She stared at her daughter's lovely picture. She doesn't want Sulli to feel pressured just because of this arranged marriage. But what can she do now? There's no turning back. Mrs.Choi searched for Sulli's contact in her phone and dialled her number. After a few rings, a lovely voice was heard on the next line.

 

"Hello, omma?"

 

Tears started to well up in the corner of Mrs.Choi's eyes. Oh how she missed talking to her daughter. It has been a long time since she last talked to Sulli.

 

"Ne, Jinri.."

 

"Oh my, is it really you, omma?!"

 

"I missed you, Jinri-yah..Why don't you and Soojung come back home for a while? We can have some sort of reunion you know,"

 

A pregnant of silence went between them.

 

"Jinri? Are you okay?"

 

"Ne, omma. I'll think about it. I've missed you too, omma but I have something to attend to right now. I'm sorry because I have to end our conversation. Until next time, omma. I love you!" 

 

"Umm, I understand, Jinri.Okay then. Love you too!"

 

Then, the line went dead. Mrs.Choi sighed in frustration as tears started falling from her eyes.

 

.

.

.

 

"Was it aunty?" Krystal who was carrying Jinho, asked. "Umm.." Was Sulli's short reply. She then plopped herself down on a couch.

 

"Are you okay, Ssul?"

 

"Yeah but.." Sulli paused. "But what?" Krystal squinted her eyes as she sat beside Sulli. "Ani..Nothing.."

 

Krystal positioned Jinho on her lap. The infant started to pull Krystal's hair and jump on her lap."O-Ouch! Aish you little rascal! Stop it!" Krystal yelled as she tried to stop Jinho from pulling her hair. "Ssul, look at your naughty son. Don't you know that I just got my hair blow-dried at the salon an hour ago?" Krystal complained.

 

Sulli chuckled. "Jinho-yah..I told you to stop doing that." Jinho laughed and jumped off Krystal's lap and went to Sulli. "O-omma.." Sulli kissed his cheek. "How's your relationship with Taemin, Krys?" Sulli asked as she divert her gaze to Krystal.

 

"We're okay. Tae Oppa said that he needs some space and need to settle some things, that's why I'm here." Krystal explained. "Oh..good for both of you" Sulli replied as she gave Krystal a sad smile. "I'm sorry for you, Ssul. How dare that froggie eyed guy left you," Krystal feigned a mad expression and flared her nostril causing Jinho to laugh out loud. "Do you even understand what I said, kid? Come here! I'll tickle you until you cry!" Krystal started to tickle Jinho. Sulli just watched them in silence and laughed.

 

Krystal suddenly stopped tickling Jinho and put on a serious expression. "Ssul, let's go back to the States," Sulli looked into her best friend's eyes. "I can't," 

 

"And why is that?" Krystal asked. "I just..can't." Sulli replied. "Why? I know he's there but, you have to move on, Ssul! Even if you encountered with him, you can just..you know..Pretend as if you don't know him and have moved on from him," Krystal exclaimed. "I'm sorry,Krys..I just can't. It will bring back those bad memories.. I just despise him so much right now. I don't want to see him anymore," Sulli explained as her tears are threatening to escape anytime.

 

"You despise him, you don't want to see him. Then, you'll have to be strong and show him that you're not weak anymore, Ssul. If you keep behaving like this, the pain is never going anywhere. I do not want my best friend to suffer all these things you know, if you're sad, I'm sad too. Please, Ssul." Krystal's tears started falling. "I love you so much as if you're my own sister, you know. From today onwards, promise me Ssul, that you will move on from that guy and try to find a way to get Jimin back, okay?" Sulli nodded as she hugged Krystal. "Thank you so much, Krys.You're always there when I need a shoulder to cry on,"

 

"My pleasure, Ssul. I'm always here for you.."

 

.

.

.

 

Three days later,

 

"Ssul, don't forget to add the Boston Public Garden into our list, okay?" Krystal, who was so excited to go back to the States said. Sulli put all her neatly folded clothes and Jinho's into a baggage. "Okay.. How long we'll be staying there? It's just that, it feels like we're going back to our teen years, you know. Walking in the park, the Swan Boat, most of the time, we would study in the Public Library but we didn't end up studying but checking out on hot American guys instead.." Sulli said and chuckled at the last part.

 

"Why, Ssul? You don't like this plan? Or you want to return to the States because you wanna work with our mothers' company?" Krystal questioned.

 

"No, it's not like that. I just missed doing those things together." Sulli reasoned out.

 

"I'm glad you do 'cause I missed doing those things together too, hahaha. If everything seems fine there, then we might need to stay a little longer, I guess?"

 

"Okay then..let's sleep now. We have an early flight tomorrow." Sulli said. "Okay then.Good night,Ssul."

 

"Good night." Sulli replied as she switched off the bedside lamp.

 

.

.

.

 

Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), United States

 

"Ah...finally, after 15 hours of journey. We've reached our 'hometown'. " Sulli said. "Yep, finally!!" Krystal exclaimed as she roamed her eyes around the airport. "Let's claim our baggage there." Sulli said. "Let's go!"

 

After claiming their baggage, Krystal and Sulli went to Starbucks and grabbed a coffee. "Two Vanilla Bean frappe, please" Krystal ordered their favorite beverage. "Venti, grande or tall?" the barista asked. "Venti," Krystal replied with a smile."Your name?" 

 

"Krystal," Krystal replied. "Okay.That would be $8.5," the barista said. "Here." Krystal handed the money to the barista. Then, she grabbed their drink from the counter and said thanks.

 

As Krystal approached their table, she heard Jinho's cries. "What's wrong?" Krystal asked. Worriedness is obviously plastered on Sulli's face. "I don't know either. His body's temperature suddenly became high when we landed here..maybe because of the weather?" Sulli shrugged and tried to soothe Jinho.

 

Krystal took a sip of her drink. "Hey, thanks for this," Sulli said and pointed to her drink. "No problemo.." Krystal replied. "I'm sorry Krys, but we might need to cancel all of our planned activities today..Jinho's sick and-" Sulli said in a sorrowful tone. She was about to finish her word not when Krystal in. "It's okay, Ssul. We have lots of time to spend and do those things together. No worries.." Krystal flashed Sulli a reassuring smile. "Thank you for understanding, Krys." Sulli said and smiled towards her friend. Krystal just smiled back as a reply.

 

.

.

.

Incheon, South Korea

"Naeun.." Taemin said in a cracked voice. "W-when did you come back?" Naeun smiled sweetly. "What's wrong with that face? Aren't you happy that I came back?" Naeun asked Taemin.

 

"I-it's not like that,but-" Taemin stuttered as he tried to find a way to tell her that he has someone by his side now. "But what, oppa? Have you lost your interest in me?" Naeun raised her voice.

 

"Calm down, Naeun-ah... people are watching us," Naeun chuckled. "I thought you said you'll wait for me back then? I thought you're going to propose to me after I've finished my studies, oppa! How dare you broke our promise!" Naeun raised her voice once again, causing those people in the cafe look towards their table. Tears started to fall on Naeun's cheek but she didn't even bother to wipe them.

 

"I'm sorry but I already have someone by my side," Taemin looked into her bloodshot eyes and confessed. "I loved you, Naeun but I love Krystal now. I'm sorry," Taemin said and handed Naeun a tissue, to wipe her tears. Naeun sobbed. "This conversation is going nowhere, oppa. Are you perhaps drunk? Hm?" Naeun said and didn't bother to accept the tissue.

 

"No, I"m not, Naeun. Please listen to me. I'm sorry and you have to move on from me, okay? I don't deserve your love, Naeun-ah.." Taemin explained. Naeun cried harder as she can't accept the fact that her lover wanted to break up with her. "You're really drunk, oppa. I'm leaving now," Naeun grabbed her bag and went towards the door, not giving a chance for Taemin to speak. Taemin sighed. How is he going to deal with all of these stuffs?

 

.

.

.

 

Flashback

 

Hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter