Chapter 3

What I Feel For You [editing]

Chanyeol didn't remember anything but a thick fog in his head. He tried to remember what had happened and realized that Luhan had come to pick up Hana and he, and that he must have dozed off in the car. He still had his eyes shut, because he had a feeling he would get too dazzled by the strong, white light that filled the room. He heard a voice in the corridor outside. The voice of a girl.

“How is he?”

“He’ll be fine. It’s just a slight concussion.”

He squinted at the door, just to get an idea of who was talking. Then he felt the headache again, so he laid his head back on the pillow and let the darkness surround him once again, away from the pain. 

 

Hana stood in front of the door to Chanyeol's room. She wanted to enter so badly, just to make sure he was alright and see him with her own eyes. Of course she didn’t have the guts to do so. Everyone she had met that had exited the room had told her he was alright, but she wanted to see it for herself. 

Even though it had been her who had helped him, she were also the one who made him like that. If it wasn't for her, he wouldn’t be here. She wanted to talk to him although she knew, deep down, that she was growing too close to him. It wasn't that she thought he would hurt her; it was just that he clearly didn’t belong to her, and he most likely wouldn’t in the future either.

 

What happened earlier...

Luhan had been driving while Hana and Chanyeol had been sitting in the back seat. Chanyeol had been resting

 

Lu Han was driving while Chanyeol and you sat in the backseat. He was resting his head against your shoulder, and you felt slightly awkward with that position.

“Hana.” Chanyeol opened his eyes, looking at you. “Hana-sshi, thanks for helping me.”

You blushed and turned your gaze so that you were looking out through the window.

Lu Han chuckled.

“It was nothing.” You mumbled, trying to hide your embarrassment.

“I have to make it up to you sometime.” Chanyeol said stubbornly.

*Seriously? I was the one who made him hit his head! He should be furious with me! Yes, I helped him afterwards, but who wouldn’t? Sigh. This makes him even more perfect.*

-End of flashback-

 

Hana was torn between two choices; to go in there and check Chanyeol's condition for herself, and risk getting closer to him, OR she could just walk away and never see him again. Of course, she wanted to get to know him, but at the same time she was only the one who was watching from afar. She was used to holding her position.

Hana walked towards the exit. That was the only solution for her to keep her usual way of living, because she actually didn’t want change. She was satisfied with what she had, and she supposed she had started hoping for more when she was in the car, his head resting in her lap. Something more than just watching. But reality had caught up with her.

Her phone started buzzing, so she picked it up from her pocket to see who was calling.

The display showed the name: Eun Hee

“Hello?”

“YOU! Lee Hana! WHERE ARE YOU?” Eunhee was mad, of course. Hana sighed. 

“I’m at the hospital.” There was no need to lie to her. She knew Hana too well, so she could directly tell if she was lying or not.

What are you doing at the hospital? Don’t tell me you got hurt again!” concern filled her voice. Here was the real problem, how would Hana explain this to her best friend? After a couple of seconds of thinking, Hana decided it was the best to tell the truth.

“I’m not exactly the one who got hurt...” she hesitated.

WHO WAS IT THAT GOT HURT THEN?” Now she was yelling again.

“Uhm... Park Chanyeol did...”

CHANYEOL? PARK CHANYEOL IS AT THE HOSPITAL? WITH YOU?

“Yeah, kind of. Well, Luhan is here too.”

Oh my... What a paradise! Okay, here’s the plan: go into his room, throw Luhan out of there and take Chanyeol by surprise on the hospital bed! Start NOW!

"No, you’re too erted! I won't do it. And I'm leaving.” Hana said while looking at the doors: her way out from the hospital. And her way away from Chanyeol.

Hana! No! Don’t do that, you’ll regret- click

Hana couldn’t take listen to her best friend trying to convince her to stay. She may have ended up doing exactly what she wanted.

But when she took a step closer to the doors, she heard a familiar voice behind your back.

“Hey! There you are! I was wondering where you'd disappeared to!”

It was Luhan. Darn it!

He waved at her, his eyes telling you to follow him. She just wanted to run out through those doors and disappear. But at the same time, she couldn’t. Luhan was a highly respected person at the school and everyone, literally everyone, liked him.

She foolishly followed him and ended up in front of the door to Chanyeol’s room again. Luhan opened it and entered, and you had to follow.

 

Chanyeol sat up and greeted her with a breathtaking smile. She swore, if she didn't have any self control whetsoever, she would have passed out on the spot. The only thing she could make herself do was to shyly wave at him.

“How are you?” She asked while a bright pink color spread over her cheeks.

“I'm fine. Much better than yesterday.” He gave a bitter laugh and scratched his neck. She felt guilty for making him like this, but at the same time, he was happy right now, and that made her feel the same.

Luhan watched the whole scene with an amused face. She betted he already had figured out her feelings for Chanyeol.

“Aren’t you late for class? Mr. Kim won’t be happy when he realises his favorite student is cutting class.” Chanyeol asked with a worried voice. You couldn't hept but feel touched because of his concern. 

“Don’t worry, it’s already settled.” She answered, biting her lip.

Earlier that morning, Hana woke up, finding herself on a hospital couch in a corridor. She looked up and saw the whiteboard sign on which 'Park Chanyeol' had been scribbled down. She wondered for how long she had been there, and made a guess on a couple of hours, as it had been evening when they arrived. Chanyeol probably didn't hurt as much anymore, but she couldn't help but feel worried. She picked up her phone from her pocket, ready to call her parents and endure the storm that would 100% come her way. Before she could even open the dialling screen, Luhan appeared in a flash and snatched it from her. 
"Give me back my phone!" She hissed, but Luhan wouldn't budge. 
He quickly dialled a number she hadn't seen before and waited a short while with the phone to his ear. 
"Yes, Mr Kim. This is Luhan. Lee Hana can't come to school today as her friend is hospitalized. Please understand."
A few seconds went by. "Yes of course, she'll email it to you later this week. Thank you."
He quickly ended the call and gave the phone back.
"You don't have to go to school today. Just email the assignment that Mr Kim sent you and it'll all be settled. You're free to call your parents now."

 

 

Chanyeol remembered what he had promised her before.

“I’ll make it up to you, really.” Somehow it felt nice that this girl didn’t say any weird things, like most girls do in my presence. I would like to be friends with her, but for some reason she seems to want to avoid me.

She nodded.

“I really have to go now. You know, the science assignment,” she said.

That felt like a slap in the face. Schoolwork. Oh no, Mr. Kim would kill me.

“Science assignment... I KNEW I’d missed something!” I said to calm myself down. I turned to Hana. “Hurry home and finish it, I’ll do my best here. I promise!”

 

-Your POV-

 

“Okay! Goodbye Chanyeol-sshi. Goodbye Lu Han-sshi.” You said and bowed, before running outside.

You sighed.

Now you had to avoid him AND his friends.


Wohoo! The 3rd chapter is out!

Mianhaeyo for updating really slow, but I'm not a fast writer, so it WILL take a long time for me to update..

Hopefully this story will have more than 10 ch, maybe 20, that depends on how much time I will have to write.

So, please comment and subscribe! ^^