Chapter 7

What I Feel For You [editing]

“Hana-ah!” Sehun came running towards your direction in the hallway. When he finally reached the spot where you were standing, staring at him with a shocked expression, he stepped forward, just one more step, and hugged you. Your classmate’s eyes almost popped out, and in just a moment there was a murmur of both excited and upset whispers.

‘They’re not DATING, right?’ ‘Ubelievable!’ ‘Sigh, I also want to date Oh Sehun...’ ‘Shh, no one said they were dating.’ ‘But they look-’ ‘Shut up, I won’t let that happen.’

You drew a deep sigh and rolled your eyes. “Hey Sehun. What’s up?”

He happily put his hands up in the air. “Don’t you know it’s the big day today?”

You gave him a questioning look, telling him, what do you mean? Explain yourself!

“Aigoo, you’re no fun at all! Today is the day that Chanyeol is going to show you to that girl, and you’re going to seduce him and not let him get into her claws. ” He looked really excited, as if he was going to get a reward for his discovery.

You froze. How would he know about Chanyeol’s crush?

Sehun immediately noticed your silence and explained.

“Don’t worry, Chanyeol hasn’t told me anything. The maknae knows everything about his hyung’s feelings. But in fact, it was Lu Han hyung who told me about yours. ”

“He knows?”

“Yeah, he noticed the first time he saw you.”

Am I that obvious? What if Chanyeol already noticed?

“Nope, he hasn’t noticed yet, that slow-brained fellow.” Sehun whispered teasingly to you as if he just read your thoughts backing away a step from you so that the others wouldn’t stare so much at the two of you.

“Anyway, think about it. Bye, Hana-ah!”

One again your classmates stared at you, only because of Sehun’s words. Of course they all misinterpreted it, but you were too engrossed in your thoughts to take notice of them.

 

On your way home, you saw Chanyeol waving at you, and of course you just had to wave back at him, which gave him time to come closer.

“Hana-ah! Wait for me!”

Sigh, Sehun was right. I thought this was going to happen later. But, changed plans.

“Okay oppa, but hurry!”

Chanyeol smiled widely when he heard you calling him oppa. You were the first girl he’d asked to call him oppa, and he was happy that you’d agreed on it.

“Hana-ah, you have to help me today. I’m going to show her to you.” Chanyeol gave you that warm smile again, but suddenly you didn’t feel those wonderful feelings boiling in your heart as you had always felt when he was smiling. Maybe that was because it felt like the end. The end for your chances to be together with him. I have to think of Chanyeol’s feelings too, my priority is for him to be happy.

 

You saw a boy dressed in black walking past the two of you, he suddenly stopped and stared at you, his face wasn’t visible, but you could feel his gaze. You continued walking beside Chanyeol, trying to not think about the stranger’s glances. When you got into the park, Chanyeol crouched down behind a bush and dragged you down as well. You sat there for about ten minutes before his facial expression lit up. He pointed at a girl who was walking down the road.

“It’s her.” He said proudly.

She was pretty. Very pretty. You could understand he liked her.

“What’s her name?”

“Go Kwang Hwi. She’s so pretty.”

“Wow, you must really like her.” Your already broken heart ached when he nodded.

You couldn’t stand to watch him spazz over another girl, so you excused yourself and started walking home, after convincing Chanyeol that it was not necessary for him to walk you home.

 

You were now walking home, once again with a broken heart and almost no confidence left.

You saw that boy in black again, he was walking towards you. Right when you walked past him, his shoulder accidentally hit you, and you fell down on the ground, tears rolling down your cheeks.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you.” You heard the boy’s voice behind you. In some way it sounded familiar.

“Hey, are you okay?” The boy sounded really worried. You slowly shook you head. No, you weren’t okay at all. There was no need for lying at all.

The boy, whose face you hadn’t seen yet, carefully carried you to a spot on the grass and told you to stay. As if I would go anywhere.

A moment later he came back, and in his hands he held two ice creams.

“I don’t know how to make a girl stop crying, it was too long ago since I lived with my younger sister.” He tried to joke, but when he saw you were still crying, he put one of the ice creams in your hand and laid his free hand on your shoulder.

You looked up at the boy’s face. It was someone you had seen just the same day, Tao.

He laughed.

“You recognized me, don’t you? Aish, I thought this type of disguise would be enough.” He scratched his head.

You mentally slapped yourself to check if you were dreaming. He just smiled and winked at you.

“Don’t tell the others that I followed you, please?”

You slowly nodded. You were slightly confused; only because you were wondering why he was comforting you from your heartbreak, because you weren’t close with him at all. But now you knew that his heart was as warm as you had predicted, and you felt completely safe in his company.

 

 

-Tao’s POV-

 

Today the last class had ended earlier than expected, so I went to the park to relax. School life had made me very worn out, not even my usual martial arts practise had helped against the stress. I thought some fresh air combined with some wushu movements would maybe be a method for me to release myself from reality, at least for a moment. I reached the park, so I took off my shoes. They were only a distraction from my concentration. I took a step at a time, feeling the soft grass under my feet. This feeling was wonderful; I was one with the nature around me. The wind carefully brushed against my chin, and I opened my eyes. As much as I wanted to stay, I knew it was time for me to head home now. My parents wouldn’t be worried, I was living alone after all, but I wanted to have some time for myself before the exo guys would swing my apartment door and then the hell would break loose, totally. I put my shoes back on, and also put on my black hoodie, and started walking home in a fast pace. I had just reached some blocks away when I saw two people, a girl and a very tall boy, walking hand in hand towards the park.

Love. I hope I’ll experience it sometime in the future.

They were walking suspiciously fast, so it didn’t really feel like they were couple. I walked past them. Didn’t they look familiar? I suddenly stopped, staring back at the girl. Sh*t.

It was Lee Hana and Chanyeol. I continued staring at them, hoping they wouldn’t see me.

“What is he doing?” I murmured for myself, because I knew that Lee Hana had a crush on Chanyeol, Lu Han had told me just a couple of hours ago. Why are you toying with the poor girl’s heart?

I wished I could do something for her, I felt like I wanted to protect her. I watched them walking further away, and I decided. I quickly turned around and followed them.

 

They were walking for quite a while, when suddenly Chanyeol stopped and crouched behind a bush, dragging her down as well. They sat like that for an eternity, and after that eternity, Chanyeol lit up and pointed excitedly at a girl walking down the road. What the-

“It’s her.” He whispered to Hana. She gave him a sad look, which he obviously didn’t see, and nodded.

I could admit, the girl was pretty, but for the first, not as pretty as the girl Chanyeol sat beside right now, and for the second, Chanyeol knew nothing about that other girl. What if she was a ? What if she would just use him because of his good looks? And what if she decides to hurt him? So many questions twirled around in my mind, I couldn’t watch this anymore. I started walking towards the direction I had planned to go all from the beginning; home.

I was so worked up, so confused. I didn’t take notice of that a crying shape was getting closer and closer, until we bumped into each other. The girl, whom I had bumped into, fell down on the ground.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you.” I said to her. When I looked at her expressionless face, I saw who she was. Lee Hana. Why was she crying? Did Chanyeol say something to her? Did he hurt her? I’ll make him pay for this later.

“Hey, are you okay?” I asked her, hoping she wouldn’t have recognised me yet. She shook her head. Oh my, what am I going to do now?

I got an idea, but I wasn’t sure if it would work. I lifted her up bridal style and carried her to a spot on the grass. When I let her down she was in deep thoughts, so she didn’t seem to notice when I asked her to stay where she was. I hurried to an ice cream shop to buy us ice creams. When my little sister was younger, I would always give her something sweet when she was crying. That made her feel better, and I thought that maybe it was the same for Lee Hana. I made my way back to where I left her. She was sitting in the same position as she had been in when I left her.

“I don’t know how to make a girl stop crying, it was too long ago since I lived with my younger sister.” I tried to joke but her empty eyes said it all. She wasn’t in shape for jokes. Finally she looked up at me, locking our eyes together. Her emotionless expression softened as I saw she recognised me. I was screwed, but I didn’t care.

“You recognized me, don’t you? Aish, I thought this type of disguise would be enough.” I laughed it all away. If this would have been another girl, I would have acted different. But this was Lee Hana, the girl who was insanely in love with one of my best friends. And that retard really didn’t know anything about it; he didn’t know that he was hurting her. I smiled and winked at her.

“Don’t tell the others that I followed you, please?” I said with a hopeful tone in my voice. She cautiously nodded, and I smiled even broader. She looked at me with confused eyes. I knew she was sad and lonely, but as long as she wasn’t crying, I knew she would be okay. Chanyeol would notice her, eventually.

 

-Hana’s POV-

 

“Sh*t! The guys!” Tao exclaimed and jumped up on his feet. He gave you a sceptical look and sighed. “I guess you’ll have to come with me.”

“W-what?” you asked. What guys? Why should you follow him? And where would you go?

“I’m taking you home. The guys are coming over, and maybe you can calm them down.”

You just stood there, taking in every word of his. Tao just rolled his eyes and grabbed your wrist.

 

“Guys, I’m home!” Tao yelled from the doorway.

“Yah! Tao, what took you so long?! You’re late!” You heard a very familiar voice beaming from the living room.  Is Sehun here?

The said boy stuck out his head into the hall, his eyes widened of surprise when he saw you.

“Omo, Hana-ah! What are you doing with Tao?”

“I was-”

“Did he hurt you? Are you dating? You know you can’t date him, you’re either mine or Chanyeol’s.”

I looked at Tao, who was blushing like mad.

“Shut it Sehun. I-it’s not like that!” he stuttered. Sehun just laughed and patted his head.

“I know hyung, I was just teasing you.”

Tao gave Sehun a weak smile and went into the living room to join the others.

When Sehun took a closer look on your face he let out a surprised cry.

“LEE HANA! Sorry to say this, but you look like . Don’t tell me that...-”

“Yes, I couldn’t do anything except for watching.” You said, just on the verge of tears again.

Sehun embraced you in a hug. “What happened? I thought I told you to seduce him.” He scolded.

“I couldn’t do that. Not to him. I want him to do what his heart tells him to do.” You responded to his hug.

“Then be my girlfriend! I can make you happy!” Sehun whispered into your ear.

“No thanks.” You chuckled. You could clearly tell he liked you as a friend, and not in any romantic way.

“He’s in there you know. Do you want to go anyway?” He looked you in the eyes.

You nodded. “You are there to protect me, right?”

Sehun let out an amused laugh. “Of course I am!”


I'm so sorry for updating so late! *bows*

I can only blame it on my vacation, and the fact that I haven't had any access to my laptop for like 2 weeks..

I'm so happy for all the good response I get on this story~ Your comments always manage to light up my day!

AND so many new kpop releases recently! I currenly have Infinite's 'Destiny' and B2ST's 'Shadow' on replay on my phone haha

I also have to promote my other fic (not started yet but I'm working on it), Revenge! It's about Infinite's Woohyun! Check it out >>HERE<<

Please comment, upvote and subscribe~!!!

Stay awesome!