Chapter 4

What I Feel For You [editing]

-Hana’s POV-

(The next day in the school cafeteria)

 

Luckily you hadn’t seen Chanyeol in the whole day. All of his friends, including Luhan, had also been out of sight. You guessed that was a good sign. You exhaled as you stood up to leave. You were walking towards the exit when you felt a hand on your shoulder.

“Yah, where are you going?”

You didn’t recognise the voice so you turned around to face the person that was holding you. Your eyes widened when you saw who it was.

“B-Baekhyun?” You couldn’t believe it. Baekhyun was holding your shoulder.

“Please don’t ask me why I’m doing this. I don’t know either.”

You just stared at him in confusion. Then you realised: Baekhyun was one of Chanyeol’s friends. Oh no.

“Aish, just come with me. Chanyeol wants to speak with you.” He grabbed your wrist and started dragging you out of the cafeteria. It took a while for the words to sink in, but when they finally did, it was too late.

“Hey, I don’t need to meet him. Please let me go!” You struggled, but Baekhyun wouldn’t let go of you

“Aish, can’t you please follow? If you run away I have to follow, and I don’t want to do that. So can you just stop wriggle yourself out, because it’s pretty useless.” He sounded troubled.

 

Your body and mind don’t like to cooperate. One part of your mind says it’s hopeless to chase after Chanyeol, the other part says you might have a chance with him. Your body always follows the second part mentioned.

 

Baekhyun led you outdoors, to a big oak. On the ground behind it, Chanyeol sat with his eyes closed. Baekhyun bowed.

“I’m sorry for dragging you out here against your will. Please forgive me?”

He looked at you with his puppy eyes. You couldn’t resist them, so you just sighed and ruffled his hair.

“Aigoo, of course I forgive you!”

He smiled and gave you a light hug.

“You’re younger than me, right? Then you’re my dongsaeng! Bye dongsaeng!”

You chuckled when he let go and waved at him.

“Bye oppa!”

“YAH! WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD CALL ME OPPA?!” he yelled with an amused grin on his lips.

“YOU CALLED ME DONGSAENG!” You yelled back.

“FOR THIS TIME THEN! IT’S OKAY TO CALL ME OPPA!”

 

You laughed for yourself and turned to Chanyeol. He was sleeping. Aigoo, this guy could sleep regardless all this noise.

You bent forward and poked his cheek.

“Yah, Park Chanyeol! You’re supposed to talk, not sleep!”

He gave a groan and turned his back to you.

“If it’s like that...” You said and smiled maliciously. You placed your hands on his waist and started tickling him. He opened his eyes rapidly and stood up instantly. When he saw it was you, he smirked at you and lounged forward so that he could tickle you back. You ran around like that for a while, tickling each other, screaming, laughing. At last Chanyeol sat down on the ground.

“Hey... Please, no more tickling! I have to rest!”

You nodded and smiled. He was happy.

“Can we also drop the formalities? Can’t we be friends?”

You hesitated. You had longed for this moment, and at the same time feared it. But of course your body spoke before your mind did.

“Sure.” DAMN!

“I’m so happy! I have a girl friend! So, as my first and only girl friend, I will treat you an ice cream, that’s the least I can do for you helping me."

You laughed. He was so silly, but cute.

He grabbed your hand and started walking.

On the way to the ice cream shop, you saw Eun Hee sitting on a bench. She looked surprised when Chanyeol and you walked by, hand in hand. Then her expression softened and she winked at you as if to say: “Good luck, don’t miss this chance!”

You nodded shyly to her and then turned to Chanyeol who was talking constantly.

 

When you had gotten our ice creams, the both of you sat down at a table outside the shop.

“By the way, how are you? I mean your head...” You asked. You was wondering since him hitting his head had been a nightmare for you. You wanted him to feel well.

“I’m fine, as you can see. It feels even better right now.” He gave you one of his breathtaking smiles. It was the second time this week that he’s smiling that smile only for you.

You wanted to confess your feelings to him, here and now.

Come on Hana! Do it!

“Chanyeol-ah, I want you to know-”

“Hana-ah, I wanted to ask-”

You spoke at the same time.

“It’s okay, you can say it first.” You said, hoping he would say he liked you and wanted you to be his girlfriend.

“Okay. Uhm, Hana-ah, I wanted to ask you something.”

You waited hopefully for his question. Think if-

“I wonder if you can help me with a confession.”

Wait.... What?

“H-huh?” You felt confused. What did he just say?

“What?” You asked, dumbfounded.

“You see, there’s this girl that I like. But I don’t know how to confess my feelings to her. And since you’re a girl and my friend, I thought that you...”

Your heart broke into a million pieces, and right now you had no intention to pick them up again. You just wanted to leave them there, go home, hide under your bed and never go out again. Never meet him again.

“I...” You died slowly and painfully from the inside. “I can try...”

Chanyeol lit up, ran forward and hugged you. You felt you heart race. Stupid heart, he will never belong to you. Now all the chances were gone.

“What was it that you wanted to say to me?” Chanyeol let go and looked you in the eyes. That look made my legs to spaghetti. You bit your lip the second time today and looked away. You had to get away from here, NOW!

“Nothing. I really have to go now.” You answered him cautiously, making sure your voice didn’t crack.

 “Okay! See you later, Hana-ah!” he yelled after you when you turned around to leave.

Tears welled up from your eyes as you ran home. You picked up your phone and dialled Eun Hee’s number.

Yoboseyo? Hana-ah? How did it go?” Eun Hee said with excitement.

“I... He... We need to talk.” You cried.

Eun Hee’s voice changed quickly.

Hana-ah, what happened?

“I have to talk to you. I’m on my way home.”

I’m coming over, but then you have to tell me what has happened!


The 4th chapter came out pretty fast! Finally I got an inspiration-wave~!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, wait for the next one! I'll be writing as fast as I can ^^

Please comment, subscribe and upvote~