Chapter 13

What I Feel For You [editing]

-Your POV-

 

Seeing Chanyeol kissing Kwang Hwi made your heart once again crack into into tiny pieces and then slowly fall apart, piece by piece. You felt like you were turning to dust, drifting away with the suddenly so cold wind. A teardrop formed in your eye, and fell. And then another one. And one more.

You turned your back to the couple and started running. You ran right into the crowd, squeezed yourself through all the dancing people, threw yourself out the door and stumbled out on the street. It was dark and you didn’t know where to go. But you didn’t care at all. Your feelings were numb, you didn’t worry about Eun Hee, you weren’t afraid of the darkness. You just wanted to get out of there, away from Chanyeol. You knew you were being overly dramatic, but he was after all the boy you’d been in love with the past two years. He was one of your very best friends now. He was the only person you’d ever truly loved in a romantic way.

You’d wasted two entire years with worrying about him, looking after him and secretly helping him.

Your feelings started to come back again, but there was only one thing left in you at the moment. Pain.

 

-Chanyeol’s POV-

 

I’d been asked to meet Kwang Hee at the location of the party, she wouldn’t let me pick her up, even though I’d insisted a hundred times.

I arrived relatively early; the place was still pretty empty.

This is totally not my thing, I thought.

I wondered if Hana would come tonight. I could imagine her in a nice fitting dress, with makeup and curled hair. I shivered from the sensation I got by thinking about her, but then I immediately stopped myself. I was going to meet Kwang Hwi now, the girl of my dreams.

 

Suddenly people started dwelling in through the doors and within only fifteen minutes, the whole place was packed. I couldn’t see Kwang Hwi anywhere, neither any of my friends. I    felt so lonely.

People were having fun, laughing, drinking everywhere. I’d never liked the idea of drinking alcohol at parties; for me it wouldn’t make anything funnier in any way, and addition to that, you felt like the day after. No, that wasn’t me. I didn’t like girls getting drunk either. It felt like it was a lack of respect and it was pretty obvious that they were people who normally wouldn’t go and say hi to random persons just like that. But there was nothing brave with that. Just cowardly and annoying.

 

I stood in a corner to not get squashed by the crowd. I saw a familiar face coming closer; Hana. She obviously hadn’t seen me, but I was so happy that she came. I was just going to go to her and say hi, when I was dragged backwards by someone who pulled my arm. I looked down and was greeted by Kwang Hwi’s pretty face.

“Oh, hey Kwang Hwi-ah.” I said to her, but she just nodded.

“Are you okay?”

She nodded again.

“Why aren’t you saying anything?”

She quickly shook her head. But when she did that, she lost her balance, so she had to hold her grip around my arm even harder to prevent herself from falling.

“Are you drunk?”

She nodded with a giggle. I drew a deep sigh and shook the arm she was holding onto.

Suddenly she spoke up with a tired and hoarse voice.

“Chanyeol, I know you like me.”

I was shocked by the simplicity in her words, making the statement sound silly and pathetic.

“I know you asked me out because you like me a lot.” she continued.

This was making me feel nauseous. This was not how it was supposed to be.

“Maybe I can try this. Chanyeol, I don’t like you, I really don’t. You have to understand that I have no feelings towards you at all, and I will never have. But I guess it doesn’t matter.”

I didn’t have much time to think about her words, because only a couple of seconds afterwards, her lips were suddenly pressed against mine. No feelings, no warmth at all. I tried to force myself to feel that spark, but it just wasn’t there. It felt so wrong, I didn’t want this.

And then I suddenly realised, that it wasn’t Kwang Hwi my heart was yearning for. I broke the kiss with a “What the hell are you doing?!”

“But you like me.” Kwang Hwi said with a soft voice and gave me her puppy eyes.

“I’m sorry, but this is wrong. I like someone else.”

Her eyes suddenly turned black.

“Escape from it then, jerk.” She turned her back to me and walked away.

 

I had to find Hana. I had to tell her I loved her. I had to tell her that I wouldn’t give her up, even if she liked someone else. I asked some persons if they’d seen her, and they told me that they’d seen her running out through the door just a couple of minutes ago.

I ran out through the door and continued out on the street. Where could she be? She hadn’t seen me and Kwang Hwi, right? I ran and ran and ran, but she was nowhere to be found. What if she hadn’t left the party? With both disappointment and relief, I steered my steps back to the party again. I passed houses and trees, and suddenly I got a strong feeling that I’d been there before, but not alone like this time. I thought of that night, the night when Hana and I ran together through the rain and down in the tunnel where I suddenly passed out because of fever. All those memories was dear to me, because all of them showed me that Hana was the nicest person I knew, she was the prettiest person I knew. And that morning after, I’d realised that she was the most beautiful person I knew. I slowed down when I saw the tunnel. The tunnel where I spent a whole night with her, the tunnel where I to embrace her. When I thought about it, that was the happiest moment of my life so far. I went down into the tunnel. If she wasn’t on the party after all, then maybe she would be here.

 

The light in the tunnel was dull, so I could hardly see anything. I walked further and further in, and suddenly I saw a shaking figure sitting crouched against the wall.

“Hana?”I asked.

The figure raised its head and looked at me.

“Hana?” I asked again.

Suddenly the figure stood up and started walking towards me on wobbly legs. It was her, and she was crying.

“Hana! I was so worried!” I ran to her and embraced her in a big hug.

“Chanyeol… Why did you come here?” she sobbed.

“I came here because I have to tell you something.” I started hesitant. Maybe this would be too much for her at the same time.

“That Kwang Hwi now is your girlfriend?” she looked even more hurt and worn out.

“Screw Kwang Hwi. She didn’t even like me.”

“Then why did she let you kiss her?” I could clearly see that she was confused.

“Technically, I didn’t kiss her. She was drunk and she kissed me.”

“Then what were you going to say?” Hope lit her eyes for a couple of seconds.

I didn’t know if I was supposed to do this now, but I knew that I liked her, and I knew I wanted her to know that. So what was I waiting for?

“I...” I started, but my tongue refused to pronounce the rest. I had to say it before it was too late, before the guy she originally liked had the chance to confess to her.

“Hana-ah, I like you. I like you so much, and I’m not willing to let you go. Even though you like someone else, I’ll make you like me as much as I like you.”


A/N

Hey everyone!!

Finally I'm done with the latest chapter as you all can see~ <3

What do you think about Yeollie now, huh? Kekeke I loved your reactions for the last chapter xD

I really love your comments, they give me so much strength and motivation to keep on writing, even though I'm always short on time ^^

Please comment, upvote and subscribe <3

Stay awesome everyone!