Chapter 11

What I Feel For You [editing]

You turned in your sleep. You tried to make yourself comfortable, but that wasn’t a simple task when you couldn’t see anything. Without opening your eyes you found something soft to rest your head against, and you didn’t care what it was, as long as it was comfy.

Suddenly the thing moved slightly, causing you to wake up. You squeezed your eyes shut and tried to go back to sleep.

“Only five more minutes mom...” you mumbled. Then you realised that you weren’t in your bed back home. You were lying on the ground, with something warm wrapped around you. You slowly opened your eyes. Chanyeol’s sleeping face was only and inch from yours and your head was resting on his arm. The other arm was wrapped around you, and the both of you were covered by your blanket.

Yesterday’s events rushed through your thoughts: running in the rain, Chanyeol being sick, you taking care of him, falling asleep... So that’s why I got in this position... you thought and stared at his face. Your eyes searched all over his facial features, and finally landed on his lips. They looked so soft and kissable. You shook the thought away, but it came back. What would they taste like?

They were only an inch away; you would only need to lean forward a bit to know. Once again you tried to get rid of the thought, once again with no success. I can’t... He’s my friend!

But of course, as always, your body would act on your own. Before you could stop yourself, you leaned forward and lightly pressed your lips against his. They’re so soft. Quickly you pulled away and looked at him, with butterflies in your stomach. It felt like you could explode anytime. I actually did it. I kissed him!

You snuggled to his chest and returned to sleep with a smile on your lips.

 

-Chanyeol’s POV-

 

I woke up when I felt something move against my chest. I opened my eyes and saw Hana sleeping in my arms. I didn’t know what to do, but I didn’t want to wake her up, so I held my position. I turned her face a little upwards so that her head was resting on my arm. I took the chance to explore her facial features. She was a beautiful girl, that I knew, but I didn’t know she was THIS beautiful. Maybe even prettier than Kwang Hwi. I shook the thought away. No, Kwang Hwi is the love of my life, I’m sure of that.

But she was so close, I could feel her warmth. I stretched out my arms and wrapped them around her waist while I pulled her even closer. Maybe, if I had fallen for you, I wouldn’t have to feel this confused now. I though about it for a while, but then again, she was not the one for me, and I was sure that she liked Lu Han or Baekhyun, she was always laughing along with them, always talking to them. Yes, of course she did that with me too, but at those moments she was always so cautious with she said or did. And when I was too close or looked at her for too long, she would always look uncomfortable and blush. The only thing I wished for was that she would relax a bit in my presence; I had always hated it when my friends acted stiff around me. I wouldn’t tell her about that, instead I tried to find the root of her stiffness. Maybe it had something to do with the buy she told me about. I was afraid he didn’t like her back, which would have explained why she seemed so sad sometimes when I talked about love with her. He must be such a retard, he’s got such a beautiful girl right in front of his nose, and he still doesn’t know she likes him. I suddenly felt annoyed because of that guy; who did he think he was?

She was moving again, a sign of that she had woken up. I slowly loosened my grip around her and saw her newly awakened face, and greeted her with a smile.

“Good morning.”

Her eyes widened when she noticed what position we were in, and then her whole face went deeply red. I giggled and let go of her completely, so that she could stand up.

“My parents! They’ll be so mad at me for not telling them!”

“Don’t worry, I’ll explain to them.”

“Seriously? Do you think they will listen when I’ve been away from home the whole night, and the morning after I’m coming back with a boy? They might think we...-” her face was now even redder than before.

I chuckled.

“Didn’t I say you shouldn’t worry? I’ll explain everything to them, that’s a promise. No misunderstandings.”

She sighed and nodded.

“I trust you.”

I gave her a big smile and grabbed her hand.

“Wait! I forgot... How do you feel?” Her voice sounded so concerned. Actually I still felt pretty bad, but I didn’t want to worry her.

“I feel much better, thanks for staying with me.”

 

We arrived to her house. Already at the doorstep we were greeted by Hana’s mother.

“Lee Hana! Where have you been all night? And why are you coming back with a boy? Don’t tell me you...-”

“Mrs. Lee, I suppose. I’ll explain everything, just give her some space.”

Mrs. Lee seemed to calm down a bit, but she still looked worried.

She showed me the way to the living room where Hana and I sat down.

“Now tell me, what happened?”

I drew a deep breath and told her everything about yesterday’s events. Mrs. Lee listened to everything I had to say, and I really thought she deserved to know what was going on.

“So you’re saying that you collapsed when you were walking her home and that she took care of you until the morning?”

“Pretty much.” I nodded and gave her a smile.

“Oh well, you seem like a nice boy, it’s good for Hana to have such a good friend as you.”

“I’d rather say I’m the lucky one.”

 

I felt dizzy. The fever was returning, and I was in the wrong place right now. Hana would directly see right though my lies about feeling well if I stayed there much longer.

“Would you like some tea?” Hana’s mother asked me happily.

“N-no thanks. I think I need to go home now. My mom is probably worried.”

“I insist. You can call your mother from here if you want to.”

I shook my head.

I don’t think I can hold it in much longer.

“Well then, say hello to her from me.”

“I will.”

Then everything went black.

 

I heard distant voices. I didn’t open my eyes because I wanted to know what the voices was saying.

“But mom, you don’t need to, I can take care of it!”

“I must be able to take care of my future son-in-law you know.”

“He’s not ---- law.” The voices faded momentarily.

“But you -----, don’t you?”

For a couple of seconds I heard nothing but silence.

“I do, but that doesn’t make ------.”

I slowly opened my eyes. My vision was blurry, so I blinked a few times.

“Hana-ah...?” I said with a very hoarse voice, it almost sounded like a whisper. I heard steps from another room, and then I saw Hana. She sat beside me and changed the wet towel on my forehead.

“Oppa, how do you feel? You suddenly fell unconscious.”

“I’m sorry, I should have told you the truth about my condition.”

“It’s okay, I’m not angry at all.”

I felt teardrops leave my eyes.

“Hana, that guy that you like...” I saw her stiffen, but I needed to say this, so I ignored her reaction. “He’s really lucky, you know that? He’s a real retard who doesn’t realise that he has one of the nicest and most beautiful girls in the world liking him.”

 

-Hana’s POV-

Pabo, you’re that retard you’re talking about. How long will it take before you realise that?