Chapter 9

What I Feel For You [editing]

Five days later

 

-Hana’s POV-

 

Luckily Chanyeol hadn’t bothered you with his talks about Kwang Hwi in the past five days during the times he was tutoring you. Every day the both of you either went to his place or to your place to study. These studying sessions often (always) ended up in that you were laughing like crazy because of something Chanyeol said or did. You knew more about him now, everything about his childhood, his first crush, how he met the other guys. Lu Han had been sure of that you were the right girl for Chanyeol, but you weren’t as sure of that. He had been talking about Kwang Hwi, been watching her and done things so that she would notice him, and he would probably sooner or later succeed. There was no way you could come in between.

Your phone beeped, notifying that you had received a text.

 

From: Chanyeol (oppa <3)

Hey, is something wrong? You’ve been quiet for a couple of days now... (^_^;)

 

To: Chanyeol (oppa <3)

Not really, I’ve just been really busy with school.

 

From: Chanyeol (oppa <3)

We haven’t had a single deadline in a week. Hana-ah, you know if you’re worried that Kwang Hwi will come between our friendship, you’re wrong. We’ll always be friends, right?

 

*That’s the problem,* you thought, but when you read that text over and over again, you felt your heart skipping a beat. The friend zone maybe wasn’t as bad as you had imagined in the first place. At least it was better than just watching and not knowing what was going on.

 

To: Chanyeol (oppa <3)

Of course! Just promise you’ll have time for me too.

 

That was the least you could expect from him.

 

From: Chanyeol (oppa <3)

I promise! I have to go now; the guys are killing me for interrupting our videogame tournament, so I have to win back my pride. Saranghae <3

 

Your eyes widened in shock when you saw that last part. You knew very well that Chanyeol didn’t mean it in the way you wanted, but those three words were enough for you to run around your room and scream of happiness.

 

-Chanyeol’s POV-

 

I don’t know why, but when I wrote those words, it felt like I meant them in a different way than I had first imagined them to mean. I wanted to erase them from the message, because I was embarrassed by that feeling, but it was too late. I had already pressed the “send” button.

“Yah! Hyung, are you coming? Our team is loosing, and it’s your fault if you’re not coming back to play!” I heard Sehun’s voice from Tao’s living room.

“Remind me again why we’re hanging out at my place.” Tao muttered when I stepped inside.

“Because your apartment is the second biggest one, and Suho hyung’s place is occupied by his aunt. Besides,” Kai said while walking to Kyungsoo’s side and threw an arm over his shoulders, “you have the best videogames.” Kyungsoo looked troubled by the sudden contact, but when he saw that Kai wasn’t going to remove his arm, he relaxed a bit.

“I’m going to buy less videogames then...” Tao whispered for himself. Kai just grinned.

I smiled at their little quarrel, but then my thoughts trailed off to Hana again. I was happy that she valued our friendship, and even though we weren’t that close, she was a very dear friend to me.

“Chanyeol?” a distant voice slowly pulled me back to reality again.

“Chanyeol! Why are you standing there and staring straight into the air? You need to help us with the tournament, they’re winning!” Sehun yelled.

Kris smirked and continued to cheer on Lay who was winning the game against Baekhyun. When I made my way over to the couch to help Baekhyun, I saw Lu Han hyung and Sehun exchange smirks. They were surely planning something, but I had no idea what.

Xiumin hyung sat down beside me and poked my cheek.

“You look so depressed. What is it?”

“Nothing... I’m just thinking.” It was the truth. The thoughts swirled in my head, and it seemed like they couldn’t find a regular pattern that caused them to make any sense at all.

That’s when I decided. I would ask Kwang Hwi out to the party that was held in a couple of days. I had to ask her tomorrow.


Here's a really delayed chapter! Sorry about that.. When I was away I wrote a lot, but then I wasn't satisfied with it, so I had to rewrite it.. Even though this chapter was short, I'll hopefully update with a longer one tomorrow if everything works out just as I want~!

I also have to say that I'm so happy for all the subscribers~ I didn't expect that so many would read my story, thanks!! ^^

Stay awesome everyone <3