Part 4

Dandelion

 

“Are you just going to stand there?”

The question almost made Tiffany jump up into the air in shock. She turned around to look for the owner of the voice but she just saw Sooyoung and Yuri watching their drama on the sofa, them looking back at her upon seeing her frantic movements. Tiffany shook her head to dismiss their questioning stares and the weird voice that she thought she heard. She was just hallucinating, she reasoned.

But then she heard it again.

“Just get a move on it, will you?”

“Wh-what?” Tiffany stuttered out in confusion and fear. Where was that voice coming from if no one was speaking?

“Are you stupid? Don’t talk out loud, I’m in your mind!”

Tiffany definitely felt like she had gone crazy. The stress must have gotten to her head; now she was hearing things and even replying to the voice.

“Sorry... who’re you?”

“Me? So you finally decide to listen to me now? I’m your conscience. Nice that you finally reply.”

"Uhhh, hi?"

"Quit the chit-chat. Are you going in or not?"

Tiffany was flabbergasted by the meanness of her alter ego. It made her annoyed especially since she doesn’t like being bossed around, much less by her own mind.

"Can't u see that I was about to open the door before you interrupted me?" Tiffany snapped back.

"You're not acting with your heart. Nor are you obeying me. You don’t know who to listen to." The image of a smaller, nerdier, version of herself appeared at the back of her mind, rolling her eyes with her arms folded in front of her chest.

"Then quit confusing me!"

"Like Soo said, you're confusing yourself. It’s quite simple, go into that room, break up with Tae and go back to where your heart lies."

“Where my heart lies?” She was starting to sound like a broken record.

“I don’t know where that is! Why don’t you ask Heart yourself?”

It sounded quite reasonable to Tiffany to try communicating with her heart since she was already talking with her mind, albeit sounding crazy while doing that. Oh well, the situation was already driving her crazy anyways.

She closed her eyes and focused on the rhythm deep inside of her. The beats slowly formed words that she finally heard: Jessi, Jessi, Jessi, Jessi.

“BUT!” Mind exclaimed suddenly, breaking Tiffany away from her trance. “You should still make things clear with Tae. So now, go into the room.”

Tiffany felt her tears welling up again at the straightforward words. Blinking rapidly, she looked up, also in a silent prayer. Raising a trembling hand, she slowly twisted to doorknob and quietly swung the door open. Sunny's tired eyes greeted her.

The usual ball of energy was sitting unmoving by the bed of their sleeping leader, where she had been since Taeyeon retired into her bedroom. Tiffany turned away from the shorter girl’s gaze, unable to keep eye contact, and instead observed Taeyeon’s hand that Sunny was clutching tightly.

Sunny slowly let go of the hand and placed it gently back under the blanket. Moving onto her knees to be closer to the older girl, she traced a hand over Taeyeon’s warm forehead and cheeks caressingly before standing up. Without a word or a single glance, Sunny walked past the frozen girl standing by the doorway to join the other members in the living room, leaving the room to give the couple some privacy. If she had heard the loud bickering that occurred outside, she showed no reaction except for her eyes that were cold and filled with disappointment. 

Tiffany replaced Sunny by Taeyeon's side, immediately taking the hand that still held Sunny’s presence. She gently reached forward onto the edge of the bed to softly press the roof of her free hand on the heated forehead to measure the sick girl’s temperature, to tuck away some strands of hair that had fallen over closed eyes, and to her 'hubby' sleep peacefully, but not for long.

Taeyeon stirred groggily, waking from her light sleep at the caring touch of the girl she loves. Turning towards the very familiar presence, she allowed a faint content smile to adorn her pale face, her dry lips cracking slightly at the small movement.

“Taetae, it's me.”

“Fany-ah...” The soft voice was hoarse, due to the lack of use and the sore throat.

Tiffany smiled when Taeyeon opened one eye to take a peek at her. “I'm sorry, did I wake you?”

Taeyeon shook her head and held both of Tiffany’s hands in hers, enjoying the cool touch against her hot skin.

“It's okay.”

“Are you feeling better?” The concern in the younger girl’s voice made her feel immediately better.

Taeyeon shook her head again.

“Anything I can do to make you feel better?”

Taeyeon tugged on their joint hands and smiled almost pleadingly. “Just be with me.”

Tiffany didn’t have the heart to say the words she had prepared. How can she deny a request asked so earnestly of her? Taeyeon shouldn't even have to ask her like this; heck, she shouldn’t even need to ask at all.

Tiffany nodded and lifted the blanket so that she could get under it as well. The cold air entered Taeyeon’s warm abode, making her shiver, but it was quickly replaced by a loving warmth when Tiffany placed Taeyeon’s arm around her waist and snuggled into the older girl’s chest, as she always does. Taeyeon smiled, her heart content, shifting around a little to get even more comfortable. However, a little squeaky giggle made her open an eye again. It seems like her hand had gotten a little too comfortable, resting as if they belonged there on Tiffany’s cute , that she her hand likes so much.

“Oh Taetae, you little byuntae!” Tiffany laughed and slapped Taeyeon’s in return upon seeing the usual signature grin on her dorky girlfriend.

Taeyeon chuckled and squeezed the soft body part that her hands were still holding. Tiffany shrieked again, poking and hitting Taeyeon’s waist rapidly to get her to let go of her violated , but she couldn’t keep the amused chesire smile off her face when Taeyeon laughed loudly like an ajumma. She missed and loved playing around with Taeyeon like this.

Feeling suddenly powerful, Taeyeon flipped her small body onto Tiffany’s, her legs on their side of the taller girl’s hips, straddling her as her fingers recklessly attacked Tiffany’s sensitive waist to tickle her in revenge.

Tiffany stammered out protests and announced her defeart in between her laughs.

“Taetae! STOP! Gosh, this is not funny! K.O! I give up. Stop, Jessi!”

Taeyeon heeded no attention to her insincere pleads until she heard the name, the slip of the mouth. She abruptly stopped, standing up on her knees, with her hands limply hanging by her side. Her laugh was gone, her face empty without her smile. She looked down at Tiffany who was trying to stop giggling and to regain her breath. The younger girl’s cheeks were bright pink and her smiling eyes were glittering with tears from all the laughing. Taeyeon felt her eyes also filling up with tears, though for very different reasons.

Tiffany realized the stillness of the girl standing above her when silence filled the room as she quieted down.

“Taetae, are you okay?” She asked worriedly, but Taeyeon only turned her back on her and lied down on the other side of the bed with the blanket pulled up to her nose. “Did I hurt you?”

It was silent again for a while, except from Tiffany’s loudly beating heart and Taeyeon’s slow weak pulses.

“Yes.” A faint whisper.

“Where? Do you want me to get you some medicine?” Tiffany immediately moved over to check on her, but Taeyeon shrunk into the blanket even more with the advance.

“Leave. I want to sleep.”

The unexpected reaction pushed Tiffany back away; the first rejection.

“Oh… okay.” Tiffany immediately felt the guilt rise up like bile into her heart. She had hurt the girl again though she had come into the room to cheer her up. How many times had she hurt her? How many times is she going to hurt her more? How many times is Taeyeon going to let herself get hurt in the name of Love?

It was time to correct her wrongs. A tear fell down.

It was time to stop hurting herself. Another followed.

“Taeyeon-ah, I’m so sorry.”

Tiffany placed a last kiss on Taeyeon’s cheek and left.

Her heart cheered: Jessi, Jessi, Jessi, Jessi.

``

She might be known as the Ice Princess who would even be revered by the Sleeping beauty, but she always knew when Tiffany was by her side and when she wasn’t, no matter how deep in sleep she is.

So she noticed when Tiffany left shortly after she fell asleep. Nightmares of the cold and darkness haunted her. And she also knew when Tiffany came back, warmth back in her cold life.

Now, there was a difference in the way Tiffany smelled, Taeyeon. There was a difference in the way their hearts beat, a rhythm decided. There was a difference in the way they held each other, a love found.

Sleep claimed them for the night, but the next day would bring a new beginning. Anything could happen.

So Jessica wanted to be selfish, just for that one night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: hey there my lovely readers! i'm back hehe took a long time didn't i? sorryyyyy!!! forgive me?? i was occupied with trips, school, and college apps as i mentioned before. so i didn't have time to write anything other than poetry commentaries and college essays :( but i reallyyyyyy wanted to update this so i managed to finish another part! hehe tbh i dont think this is really up to par of what i am expecting with my writing for this particular fic but well, it'll have to do now.

hope u guys liked this update!

and just a curious question: are there any readers who are also applying to colleges right now? cuz we can help each other out! :D

i don't know when i can update again cuz i havent even started writing the next part although i know what's gonna happen.

yup, i'm planning to drag this out a little more by adding more moments. it's gonna b fluffier next update. with THREE MAJOR MOMENTS hehe guess which pairings :P

i still havent decided whether this is going to end up as taeny or jeti or any other pairing so if you guys have a specific one that you guys want, comment! and your comments might change my mind :) and thus the course of the story hehe

well till laterz and an early happy halloween!

i'm gonna b a cat tomorrow, a y gangsta black cat oh yeah! lol

comment, subscribe, upvoite, spread the love... meows out!~