Part 2

Dandelion

 

The music faded away slowly and the screams of the fans covered the last few lingering notes. The shouts of “Taeyeon”, “Tiffany”, and “TaeNy” filled the air as the two idols stepped off from their pedestals. The shorter girl walked towards the taller, giddy at the memory of their perfectly harmonizing voices, and decided to give their fans—their shippers— a show. As Taeyeon stood on the right of Tiffany and placed an arm around the younger girl’s waist, the shouts of “TaeNy” grew louder with some random excited screaming. A small satisfied smile grew on Taeyeon’s lips but it was quickly wiped away when she felt Tiffany take a tiny stiff step to the left, an evasion of the touch. Glancing up at her lover, she found her waving at their fans with an obviously fake smile plastered on her pretty face (though the fans did not realize it). What went wrong?

“Thank you everyone!” Tiffany said into her microphone and bowed down low in appreciation. Taeyeon followed along with the action, but jerked back up in a hurry when Tiffany turned around and began to walk rapidly off the stage. She speed-walked to catch up with her partner, slipped her hand through hers, and continued walking away together towards backstage with that faint ghost of happiness still lingering in her heart.

But she lost her hold on the thin thread of hope. As soon as they were out of the fans’ sight, Tiffany jerked her hand away from Taeyeon’s grasp and stomped away. Taeyeon stopped mid-step. Tiffany’s behavior confused the shorter girl. Tiffany had been fine (well, as fine as a tired and sick person can be) all morning and until their duet began; then she started acting like a b!tch.

“Fany-ah, what’s wrong?” Taeyeon ran to keep up and ended up almost kissing the door of their dressing room that was slammed in her face.

The commotion alerted the rest of the members who were hanging out inside the room, all stopping their activities to stare at the fuming Tiffany and confused Taeyeon.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany crossed her arms with a scoff when Taeyeon stepped through the door.

“Why are you acting like this?”

“Why were you acting like that?” Tiffany replied Taeyeon with another question. The frown on the shorter girl’s face grew deeper.

“Like what?”

“Why did you suddenly start touching me, hugging me, and holding my hand on stage? What’s wrong? I’ll tell you what’s wrong. We’re wrong! What we have is considered wrong! Our relationship is wrong! With you touching me like that and that song we were singing, what if people got suspicious? What if people found out? What will we do then?!”

Tiffany nearly screamed the last sentence in frustration, but a familiar gentle touch on her hand calmed her down slightly. Seeing that none of the other girls dared to go near the HellFany, Jessica had approached her girlfriend and wrapped the angry girl in an impeding back hug.

“Calm down Tiff. Quiet down. Or else people will really find out,” She whispered gently into the brunette’s ear while running her hands up and down her arm soothingly.

While Tiffany controlled her emotions, Taeyeon was given a chance to sort out her thoughts and make up her argument. The situation really confused Taeyeon now. She couldn’t understand why Tiffany was getting paranoid over something that they usually did without thinking.

“But we hug each other all the time,” Taeyeon finally talked while motioning to the rest of the girls, who nodded their agreement, after Tiffany was slightly more stable. “And we hold hands all the time too. This is Korea, Fany-ah. It’s ok here to act like that with your friends. If we’ve been ok all along, why are you getting so worked up now?”

“Because there were so many TaeNy fans and you were encouraging them!”

“It’s our duet, of course there will be many fans of the two of us. There were many JeTi fans when you and Sica sang Talk To Me. You guys hold hands in public. You guys hug on stage just like we do. No problem, right?”

“But that’s because the fans know us as husband and wife while they think Jessi and I are only best friends—”

“Bullsh!t. Go tell that to your JeTi shippers. Why are you even dating us if you care so much about your image?! It’s not like you don’t enjoy our touches.”

“ you! Don’t make me sound like a ing wh*re! You can go around publicly ing all the girls you want, but don’t drag all of us down with you.”

A flash of hurt and fury flickered in the insulted girl’s wide eyes. She didn’t mean to say what she said but she didn’t deserve what Tiffany said either. The debasement in Tiffany’s words caused Taeyeon’s pale cheeks to flush bright red in anger and humiliation.

“Taeyeon-ah!” “Tiff!” Before Taeyeon could angrily reply back with more swear words, Sunny and Jessica jumped in to save their image as the representative idols of South Korea.

“Just drop it ok?” Sooyoung stood up and walked up to the bickering couple. With her height as an advantage, she towered over the danshins and separated them before the argument could deteriorate into a catfight. “Taeyeon, be understanding. You’re supposed to be the leader, and she’s sick anyways. Just be more careful. And Tiffany, stop being so paranoid. Try to control your mood swings a little and be mindful of your words, you’re hurting others.”

The two girls looked away, one guiltily and the other in disdain. Jessica let out an agitated sigh at her girlfriend’s discontent frown. Letting go of her, she faced her sternly instead.

“Tiff, apologize to Taeng.”

Tiffany turned away again and started at the floor, keeping mum. She didn’t see what she did wrong and being the hardheaded girl she is, she won’t utter a single word if she doesn’t see it fit.

“Tiffany…” Jessica said the name with a low growl of warning.

Tiffany pressed her lips closed and shook her head stubbornly like a child.

“Stephanie!” Jessica lost her cool at the immature act. Finally, desperate eyes met the demanding brown orbs, desperate for the support that she had just lost.

Fortunately before Jessica really became furious, their manager’s head poked in through the door and looked around with a grin at his girls. The wide smile slowly faded when he sensed the tension in the room.

“Is everything okay?”

The girls quickly acted as if the argument between the three lovers didn’t take place, engaging themselves back in their activities. Jessica relaxed her piercing hold on Tiffany’s shoulder and pretended to be fixing her perfect collar.

“Everything is fine,” she answered for everyone.

“Alright then. Taeyeon and Fany, you need to film your duet again.” The manager fully stepped into the room and held the door open for the two girls.

Tiffany faced Taeyeon with her fake smile. She grabbed the shorter girl’s wrist and led her away. Her eyes seemed to mock Taeyeon, the little smirk on her face a proof of the scorn. The grip hurt, but Taeyeon didn’t bear to wince at the pain. Walking fast to keep up with the big strides of the younger girl, she kept her eyes on their connected hands. No, they weren’t holding hands; it was more like Taeyeon was being pulled along by chains.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: so that was some pretty intense angsty taeny in my opinion,.. now who's feeling bad for our poor little taeyeon? who's disliking our tiffany very much as of the moment?

don't hate her though :( 

anyways.. did my writing change a little? i think it's different from when i write fluffy stuff.. right?

plz comment, upvote, spread the love!~ tell me how you guys are litking this story as of now.. and inspire me to write more with your comments.. im kinda really tired these days, so can u guys cheer me up/ reenergize me, my lovely readers?

 

till alter :)