Chapter 13: Fake Smile

Baby Don't Cry

 

 
` baby don't cry ...
chapter 13 - Fake Smile
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Wrote this update with the aid of this wonderful music... Play it! It makes reading better :))

 

 

Luhan sighed heavily after hearing the door close with a click. He ruffled his own hair with both of his hands in frustration, he wasn't really  in the mood to talk to her right now. He couldn't tell if he should be mad at her or he should be mad at himself, she was the reason he was feeling bad right now. Well, it's not actually her. Honestly, he wasn't really sure himself.

Yesterday was hell. He was really tired when he got home at 10 last night, he didn't even bother to smile when he knew that Seohyun got home safely and that Kris was the one who found her. He wanted to feel happy after she was found but he was really tired to curve his lips and say words of relief. He decided to go straight to his bedroom, jump into his bed's warmth to rest  and forget all the things that had happened that day.

Actually, fatigue wasn't the main reason he was acting cold towards everyone eversince this morning. It was something more troublesome and painful a man like him would ever encounter.

 

Flashback

 

Luhan pulled his scarf up to hide the lower half of his face as he passed by a group of young teeanaged girls. He hoped that they didn't caught a glimpsed of his face, it is really hard to deal with fans specially in a public place like where he was. He was at the town's central park that moment, it was the only place left that he hadn't search. He really hope that she was there. 

He tiptoed as he search for Seohyun in the large crowd that filled the central park, it was a weekend afterall.  He lowered his shades as he scanned the whole park. He sighed when he noticed that alot of couples were on there own dates that day. It reminded him of something.

A picture of him and her flashed in his mind as he watched a couple with their hands intertwined. He was happy, he was with her. She has the most beautiful smile and Luhan ONCE thought that it was the most precious thing in the world. Her wavy brown hair would always bounce whenever she walked with a smiling face. He swore that his heart would always stop beating everytime they would share intimate moments together. He was inlove with her but apearantly she was not.

She was Miss Chorong

Luhan met her when he was still in highschool, it was then that they became good friends. Chorong was a smart student, she was also kind and an outgoing person. Within those four years of highschool, Luhan was able to develop romantic feelings towards Chorong... which she strongly declined

His heart was shattered to pieces when she said no. She was his best friend and his first love.

On the other hand, Chorong's part of declining Luhan wasn't easy at all. Considering the fact that they became the best of friends and she truly loves somebody else, it was the hardest thing she has ever encountered in her life. She never really wanted to hurt Luhan, they were friends after all

But Luhan was persistent, he never quit. He would always buy her flowers everyday, he would always buy something for her, and he would always show up in front of her doorsteps--still waiting and asking for her love.

In almost six months of persuation, Chorong finally gave in. Their relationship went well on it's first three months (On Luhan's side atleast). Chorong finally gave him a chance and tried to Love him more than just a friend. Luhan thought that THEY worked out but the truth is, Chorong wasn't happy at all.

She longed for the person she truly love, she would always cry silently hoping for the day that everything would be alright. She would be with him and Luhan would finally understand.

That day never came so she needed to do something

In relationships, there should always be someone who would be in pain. Chorong wishes that that person would just be her. But it had to be Luhan.

It had to be him

In the end, Luhan was the one who was left weeping. Chorong broke up with him without saying anything but the word sorry. It was Luhan's first heart break and it hurt like hell

Luhan blinked the forming tears back to his eyes as he shook the memory off his head. Back to reality, it was not the time to thing about Chorong.

The whole afternoon was wasted, he searched high and low for her but not even a single shadow was seen. He was really frustrated and the sun was already about to set. He took a break by the lake and took the thick scarf from around his neck when no one was around

He sighed heavily

"Seohyun, where could you be?" He silently asked as he stared at his reflection in the water. He then cupped water in with his hands and splashed it in his face. Droplets of water trickled down his perfect face as his head snapped to the opposite side of the lake. 

He swore he heard someone sobbing 

He stood up and turned his head from left to right, he looked for the source of the weeping voice because it sounded awfully familliar.  

"Lu-lu..." 

That familiar voice sent chills to his spine. It sounded nice and calming yet so painful. He braced himself as he turned around to face the only person that he loved

"Chorong..." 

A broken smile crept in her face upon hearing him say her name, she stared at him with her pityful teared eyes. A trail of tears went down on her cheeks from just below her eyes. 

He was dumbfolded. He stood still, eyes still affixed on her small frame.  She was the last person he wanted to see that day. 

After almost a year, she was still the same. Her curly brown hair went just below her elbows, her porcelain flawless skin still glowed and captivated him, her eyes was as lovely as always but something was not right...

That fake smile.

"Don't cry..." He slowly walked towards the girl. He caged her with his embrace as she rested her head on his chest. 

"I'm sorry" She said between her sobs as she cried harder. 

Luhan was so confused. Why was she there? It's been a year, was she there just to say sorry? Why was she crying? 

"Shhh" He her hair as his own chest began to get soaked because of her tears. It felt like a dream, why was this happening?

Luhan then heard someone call his name from the distance. He heard heavy footsteps quickly approaching them, he also heard clicks of cameras everywhere. He abruptly let go of Chorong as he realized what was happening

Paparazzis

"Luhan! Luhan!" Fans chanted as they ran to his direction. He took hold of Chorong's hand as he attempted to run away, but it was too late

Before he knew it, they were already surronded by fans and paparazzis. Almost half of the people of the park were now surronding him, he really hated this kinds of situation

"E-excuse us..." He tried to squeeze through the crowd but they were too many people. 

As the people increase, it got harder for them to even move. Luhan's ear was filled with the sound of picture being taken, fan's chanting and screaming, and reporters' non stop questions. 

The crowd went wild, there was too many pushing and pulling.

 

The next thing he knew was Chorong was already lying on the ground, unconcious.

 

 

She opened her eyes to the blinding light that pierced her eyes. She blinked until her vision adjusted, she sat up and rubbed her eyes. She was on a hospital bed.

"Chorong". Luhan sit up straight from his slouched posistion when he saw her open her eyes . He leaned forward with a worried expression. "Are you feeling alright? Does something hurt?" 

Luhan gently sat her up. She offered him a small smile as a silent gratitude

"I'm alright, thank you" She smiled again, this time, a little bit wider. That smile of hers never fails to make his heart skip a beat, his cheeks colored abit. 

"I'm terribly sorry regarding what happened earlier, it was entirely my fault." He formally said to her as his head hung low. What happened back there was a disaster, alot of fans got injured for sure and he would have to deal with the media first thing in the morning regarding what happened. So troublesome...

"It's okay, it happens to us alot of times back then right?" Her reply caused an awkward atmosphere. Luhan didn't know how to reply to that. It was true that it always happen to them back then, since she became his girlfriend. But... it was the past, nothing but a bitter memory.  Is she trying to bring it up? Why was she in that town in the first place? Luhan was very confused

"Say, Chorong, why did you came back here in Busan? Aren't things going well in Seoul?"His voice broke the growing silence between them. 

It took awhile before she replied. She lowered her head to hide her face from his gaze, she started to fiddle on her nails.

"Like how she used to when she's nervous or shy" Luhan thought as his eyes lingered on her fidgeting hands. He also found it cute when she does that. To be honest, he really loved everything about her, but ofcourse that was the past.

Luhan felt like he was just used. Those four months of being together were all lies. But then, maybe it was all his fault after all, he was being too persistent in persuading her. Maybe she got annoyed and just decided to finish it, hurting him on the process

But knowing her, Luhan knew that a girl like Chorong couldn't do anything like that. She wasn't a girl who would hurt someone for something she would gain, she wasn't like that...right?

"To escape..." She silently replied as she tucked her hair behind her ear. Her voice was full of sadness, he could feel it for some reasons. He felt his brows furrowed in confusion as his eye stared at her

"Escape?"

"To escape sadness... just like what you did" She forced a smile. Luhan once lived in Seoul during his highschool days and he moved to Busan prior to their break up about a year ago. 

"What happened?"

"I made a mistake, I was blinded by my own love for him to actually realize that he was not worth it" She slowly raised her head as their eyes met. Her lips began to tremble as hot tears trickled down her cheeks "He left me Lulu.."

He was speechless. He didn't even knew what to feel, should he be mad? should he feel happy? should he feel sorry for her? He didn't know what to do but one thing's for sure, he was in a lot of pain. Seeing her brings too much memories

"I'm so pathetic" She laughed bitterly while her tears continously flowed down her eyes. "I was so cruel. I did alot of things that caused you pain and yet here I am, running back to you"

A single smile lingered on her face as she sobbed awfully.

Luhan lowered his head, he couldn't bring himself to look at her weeping face. He honestly felt pity for her, he knew how badly it hurts. 

"Stop smiling..." He sternly said as he stood up and leaned closer to her. He caged her with is arms as hers found it's way around his stomach. Her sobbing became louder as his hand calmly her hair. It felt so warm, so nice, soothing and calming. She felt secured inside his protective arms. "I hate it when you smile"

She bit her lower lip to suppress a bitter giggle. She knew that it was a lie though his voice lacked sarcasm. She knew it because he would always tell her the exact same opposite of those words. 

She cried some more as they stayed in that posistion.

"Don't leave me Lulu... I need you" She whispered in between her sobs.

"I'll be here for you" He didn't knew why he said that. He never wanted to say that, but he did. He let her go as he cupped both of her cheeks, he wiped her tears away with his thumb and kissed the top of her head. "Just stop smiling"

 

end of Flashback

 

He felt so numb as he raised his head from the piano. He couldn't feel any pain anymore, but he was still not happy. He should feel happy. Alot of things happened that should make him happy: Chorong came back to him, Seohyun was brought home safely and his band was still as famous as always, but why can't he just smile? 

He decided that he felt tired, he stood up from the piano stool and went out of the music room. He was walking through the corridors when he heard noisy rantings from the library.

 

 

"Yah! Oppa! That's wrong. The man should always be the first one to make a move!" Soojung argued with her hands on her hip. They were studying there for the past forty five minutes and 90% of their lectures were nothing but worthless arguement from both of her tutors. Good thing she was too innocent to even know how to be angry, she even found it amusing.

"I beg to disagree, dear sister" He took off his reading glasses and cleaned it using the tip of his tie as he squared his broad shoulders."There are girls who doesn't like to wait and make her man do the move."

"But still!"

"Oh stop being a stereotype Soojung. Everyone has their free will in finding love and besides," Sehun placed his glasses on top of the tip of his nose, he took a glance at Seohyun before pushing it up to the bridge of his nose."Men tends to desire those kinds of girls" 

Seohyun swore that she saw him wink at her...or was she just imagining things. Nevertheless it made her blush, he made her blush

"T-they do?" Soojung's wide eyes stared at Sehun's calm ones as she awaits his respond. Seohyun took down notes with a pair of flaming cheeks, she wrote anything she found informative in what Sehun said, including what he said about men desiring 'daring' girls

"Ofcourse. Not all guys are charismatic nor a natural gentleman. Sometimes, men  just want to know what a girl want directly instead of reading between the lines like what an average boyfriend do. When a girl does the first move, she'll be able to let the guy know directly what she wants" Sehum expertly stated 

"Also, when the girl does the first move, automatically, the tables are turned. By doing this, a girl does a huge favor for the guy which would make him love her more" he added

"Well, I didn't know that..." Soojunh quietly said in embarassment

"Finally! You finally admit that you don't know something!"

"Oh shut up"

"Anyway... Moving on." Sehun said as he grabbed another book from the stack, he delicately turn each pages as his eyes watched Seohyun from behind his spectacles.

"Seohyun... Are you aware of the term: Flirting?" 

Seohyun shook her head, she didn't know what it actually mean but she would always hear her sisters say that term whenever they talked at the hallways. Taeyeon would always accuse Sooyung of flirting with her personal butler, she assumed that it was another word for chatting or taking to each other but what made it such a crime that  Taeyeon would scold at Sooyoung for it?

"What!? You don't know what flirting is!? Are you serious Seohyun?" Soojung spoke in such tone that slightly annoyed her. Was she that  ignorant?" 

"Well then I shall teach her how..." 

"No I'm gonna teach her"  Soojung whined

Something about the word was so intiguing in Seohyun's ear. She looked forward to this lesson. Gor some weird reasons, she remembered Luhan. She wondered how was he

 

 

 

Hi... I know I know, I wasted that five day vacation by not updating. I'm so sorry T^T Look at the bright side! I got my report card yesterday and my grade weren't low nor high...  well maybe alittle bit low but still xDD well I mean not as low as making my parents disappointed... if you ask me it's alright xD 

A/n: Wait...Why are we talking about my grades? xDDD hahahha Anyways,
my parents decided to FINALLY buy me my own laptop! Yay~

Hopefully i'll be able to update more frequent... well HOPEFULLY xDD 

 

Here's a y Sehun just for you, My lovely reader ;D

 

CIAOO~ ;**

 

PS: Don't hate on Chorong. She's a very lovely person xDD

PPS: I know I have alot of grammar and spelling mistakes here. I apologize for each mistakes :)

PPPS: Sorry for yet another short chapter :)