Chapter 9

Spawn of the Devil

Sunny gazed at Sun Joong’s skinned body. Sun Joong was stuck on the wall, skinless and bloody, all this brought about by her own daughter. Sunny was grinning an evilly satisfied grin for she had killed the remaining tyrant in her life. For the first time she felt powerful and immortal and she knew she was. Sunny was never going to die with her immense power. She could rule the world and destroy it in the blink of an eye.

Sungmin and Donghae parked their car right infront of Sunny’s house and saw that the abode was without a door. Sunny must’ve burst into the house, Donghae thought. Putting this aside, the three step out and call on Sunny who was standing infront of her mother, trying to rip at her body.

“SUNNY! SUNNY! IT’S US!” Sunny whipped her head to the left and saw Sungmin, Donghae, and an unknown woman running towards her. She crouched down and assumed a beastly position, though she was an animal ready to attack. Without a doubt, Sunny was really possessed. She looked at Donghae with sharp eyes and eyed Sungmin. Her dark eyes turned red and she started to cry tears of blood.

“I did it.” she confessed. “I killed your uncle. I killed all the altar boys. I burned the school down. I caused all this apocalyptic bull!” Sungmin and Donghae trembled in fear. Hyori tried to approach her daughter gently and kindly but Sunny was in a rage. The anger that she had was channeled through the thunder and lightning as well as the conflagrations that were happening right outside their house.

“Sunny, you are my child.” Hyori told her. Sunny mellowed down and shook her head, pushing Hyori away.

“You’re a liar! Who are you and why have you come here?!”

“I’ve come to put a stop to this.” Sunny could only laugh at her words.

“You? Feeble woman!” she growled at Hyori. Hyori fearlessly faced Sunny.

“I am going to kill myself.” Hyori proudly said. “And take you with me.” Hyori without warning lunged at her daughter and tackled her, wanting to weaken her. Sunny had superhuman strength, with her being possessed by a demon so it made fighting her own mother off easy. She pushed Hyori and sent her flying to the wall, hitting her back hard. Hyori unconsciously fell to the floor and Sunny walked up to her, hoping to do the same thing she did to her foster mother. Just when she was about to reach for Hyori, Hyori pounded her stomach , making her bend over and wince in pain. Sungmin saw a knife on the counter top and though it was painful for him and he would never hurt Sunny, he gave Hyori the knife.

“Do it now!” Hyori bravely held the knife above her and plunged it deep into her stomach. She began to tremble, her lips began to spew blood and she fell to the floor because of weakness. Sunny began to feel pain, too as if they were connected. She was hyperventilating and began to bruise. The bruising turned into bleeding and as Hyori bled to death, so did her daughter. The typhoon and conflagration began to wane as Sungmin and Donghae looked at the bloody scene that was before them. The curse had stopped.

[1 YEAR LATER]

Sungmin pursued his vocation and became a priest, following in his uncle’s footsteps. Because of the horrible encounter, he did not just become a priest, he speciazlied in exorcism and the study of the occult and how to fight it.

It had only been a few months since his priesthood. Sungmin was in his office working on some papers when the phone rang.

“Hello?” answered Sungmin.

“1...2...3...4...5...6...”

“Who is this?”

“1...2...3...4...5...6...”

“May I know who is speaking?”

“1...2...3...4...5...6...”

After a long period of silence, a scream came on the other line.