Arcane World

Arcane

"Well look who finally woke up." Tao smirked at Jongin.

"What are you doing? Why are we here?" Jongin said through clenched teeth.

"I warned you Jongin. I told you to stay away from him." Tao kneeled down in front of Jongin so that he was at eye level with him. "But you didn't listen. We wouldn't be here if you had just stayed away." Tao chuckled. He stood up straight and walked over to Luhan. He removed the blindfold and held Luhan's blonde hair with his fingers as he threw his head back.

"Surprised Luhan? You never suspected your friend Tao to do this did you?" Tao let go of Luhan's hair. Luhan's eyes were filled with anger.

"What do you want from us?!" Jongin shouted.

"I think you know exactly what. We made a deal Jongin. You stay away from Luhan and I won't touch him. But, you didn't keep your side of the deal." Tao narrowed his eyes at Jongin.

"Don't do this. Take me instead. Let him go and take me. This isn't his fault." Jongin pleaded. He didn't want anything to happen to Luhan, he just wanted him to be safe.

"I don't think so." Tao walked over to the door and opened it. A man in a white lab coat and glasses walked in.

"This is Doctor Kim. He does all of the experimenting on my people." Tao said.

"Your people? What you're doing is awful... How can you live with yourself?" Jongin asked the doctor. Doctor Kim remained unresponsive.

"Who will I change today?" Doctor Kim asked in a bored tone.

"This one. With the blonde hair." Tao pointed at Luhan. Luhan's eyes widened and he began to pull at the roped on his hands. Doctor Kim walked out for a moment.

"Don't do this!" Jongin shouted at the doctor.

"As for you, you will remain in my world while watching your friend live for me and for the city. He will no longer remember you and there's nothing you can do about it." Tao glared and smirked at Jongin.

"I think you forget that I got myself out of your stupid games. I freed myself." Jongin said.

Tao chuckled. "You really think that was all of your doing? If it weren't for your parents, you wouldn't be where you are today."

"My parents?" Jongin furrowed his brows.

"Yes. It was your parents who set you free."

"What are you talking about!" Jongin shouted.

"Your parents were involved in all of this you know. In order to save themselves they sacrificed their lives to the government. They were very smart and useful people who I wish would still be with us. But they did the one thing they weren't supposed to. Their "love" for you was stronger so they gave you partial memory back. You know we can do that here at city hall. They were the ones who gave you your memories back and also awareness so that you could figure out what was going on. We never saw you as a threat but your parents had rules they must follow. So since they broke it, they were both disposed of. How pathetic." Tao spat.

Jongin could not believe what he had just heard. All this time he knew his parents left him to save themselves but he never thought they would actually try to save him. They were the reason he was here today.

The door flung open and Doctor Kim walked in with two other men dressed in blue scrubs.

"We're ready for him." He said with a blank expression.

"Good. Take him." Tao spoke still looking at Jongin.

The two men walked towards Luhan. They untied him from the chair and took him out the door.

“Don’t do this!” Jongin yelled.

“But we must. This is how our arcane world works.” Tao laughed and walked away leaving Jongin all alone in the empty room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello fellow readers. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know it's short but with school and all I'm really busy. Please tell me what you think and I hope you all have a good day! c: