The Truth

Arcane

Luhan continued to meet Tao after they met the first time. They had been to different parts of Seoul and they even visited each others home once in a while. Tao's home wasn't as huge as Jongins’ but it was a fairly large apartment. Luhan preferred a small cozy home over a large empty one. Luhan and Tao were really close now and they knew lots about each other. Jongin was completely out of the picture for a while. Luhan had gone over to his home one day because he was curious as to why Jongin had not gone to visit him since they went to get ice cream. He wondered if it had anything to do with his scar. Luhan waited for Jongin for hours but he never came so Luhan ended up going back home. He decided that he would let Jongin aproach him instead.

Jongin was busy with work, he had been staying at work every day until the company closed for the day. He had really fallen behind and that wasn't good at all. He didn't want to draw any attention to himself, he wanted to remain quiet at the sidelines without anyone noticing him. He felt bad about not contacting Luhan or visiting him but he was sure Luhan was with Tao anyway. Jongin had also been staying to see if he could find anyone named Tao in the building but so far he had found that there was no such person by that name that worked there. Jongin would not give up. This man was extremely suspicious and it made Jongin really uneasy that Luhan was always around him but he couldn't say anything about it because he didn't have any good reason on why he should stop talking to Tao. Jongin not only felt worried but he felt something that he had never felt before. Jongin just simply did not like the thought of Luhan spending time with anyone other than himself. He was Luhan's friend, if anyone should be with Luhan all the time it should be himself. Jongin was so confused these days, so he had finally decided to meet this man. He would go to the tea shop tomorrow right after work and ask Luhan to eat with him and Tao.


Luhan was cleaning the table where a customer had just left from. He remembered that this was the table Jongin sat in when they had first met. He'd be lying if he said he didn't miss Jongin. He wondered why Jongin wasn't visiting him. Maybe Jongin just didn't want to be around Luhan anymore? The thought of that upset Luhan. He had grown fond of Jongin and he really liked being around him. He was comforted whenever he was with him. Tao helped forget about Jongin while they were together but whenever Luhan was alone, he just wanted to be around Jongin. Luhan put the cloth away and took off his work apron. He grabbed his red and white jacket and put it on as he walked out of the tea shop. He abruptly stopped when his eyes met a pair of black shoes. He lifted his gaze up to the man's face and was surprised to see Jongin after so long. Jongin had a blank expression on his face. Luhan had a strange feeling and he wanted to wrap his arms around Jongin at that moment but he remained in place.

"W-what are you doing here?" Luhan asked as he stared at Jongins blank face.

"Let's eat." Jongin simply stated.

"Right now?" Luhan unconsciously bit on his lower lip.

"No. Tomorrow. Invite your friend Tao. Both of you can meet me here. I'll be here by five" Jongin tilted his head and stared at Luhan to make sure he understood. Luhan nodded.

"Why do you want Tao to come along?" Luhan slightly frowned. In all honesty, he didn't want Tao to come along. He wanted it to just be Jongin and himself. Tao would just make things awkward.

Jongin shrugged, "I just want to meet him. I'll see you tomorrow." Jongin walked away and went back home.  Luhan stared at Jongin as he walked away. The corners of his lips slightly curved upwards. Although the visit was sudden and short, Luhan had the feeling that Jongin wouldn't go anywhere.


The next day Jongin walked towards the tea shop. He was wearing a simple t-shirt and black pants on. He got that feeling as if he was being watched again and he began to walk faster. He had an idea of who might be watching and following him but he didn't know the reason why. Once he got there, he saw Tao first. He was tall and had dark black hair. When he got closer he saw he had dark eye bags. He stared him down for a while from a distance. Once he got a good look of him, he took out the small notepad from his pants pocket and wrote down small details about him. He quickly put the notepad away and approached Tao and Luhan.

"Hey." Jongin gave them a fake smile. Luhan's ears pricked up at the sound of Jongin's voice. He saw Jongin and he smiled, his white teeth showing. Tao nodded at Jongin.

"Hi Jongin. This is Tao. Tao this is Jongin." Luhan kindly introduced them to each other.

"Nice to meet you... Tao." Jongin narrowed his eyes at him for a second. Then he gave him a smirk.

"Nice to meet you too." Tao nodded and avoided eye contact with Jongin.

"So where are we going?" Luhan asked Jongin.

"Hmm... I'm not sure. Know any good places Tao?" Jongin turned his head toward Tao. Tao made eye contact with him and narrowed his eyes at Jongin.

"Sure. There's a place not too far from here." Tao looked at both of them for approval. Luhan spoke up first.

"Anywhere's fine. Let's get going." Luhan noticed how the atmosphere felt tense. He hoped both his friends got along. He felt Tao place his hand on his shoulder and push him forward. Luhan complied and began to walk with Tao. Jongin walked behind them. So far he disliked Tao but he would find out more soon enough.

Once they arrived at the restaurant, all three of them stepped in and they took their seats. The waitress came over and took their orders. After that it was fairly quiet. Jongin's eyes wandered around the restaurant, occasionally his eyes would land back on Tao. Tao would make small statements to Luhan once in a while and Luhan would kindly reply to them. Luhan's attention was focused on Jongin. Jongin had not said a word to him since they walked in. Why was he ignoring me? Luhan's lips formed a small frown. Then out of nowhere, Jongin began to talk to Tao.

"So Tao. Luhan tells me we work at the same company. How long have you been working there?" Jongin stared at Tao.

"About half a year." Tao answered his question.

"And what do you do?" Jongin asked.

"I'm the treasurer of the company. I handle all our incomes and how we spend our money." Tao said.

"I thought the treasurer was Kris?" Jongin narrowed his eyes at him.

"Kris is gone." Tao stated.

"That's funny, cause about a month ago I saw Kris in his office."

"Kris comes around once in a while, but I am the official treasurer." Tao glared at Jongin. He wondered what this guy was up to.

"Where did you live before you came here?" Jongin quickly began his questions again.

"China. I moved here about a year ago." Tao didn't want to answer any more of his questions but he still answered them so that he wouldn't seem rude in front of Luhan.

"What are your plans for the future? Do you want to work at the company forever?" Jongin asked.

Tao nodded, "Sure. It pays well and it's not far from home."

"So you live alone?" Jongin quickly threw another question at Tao. By this point Tao looked irritated at all the questions and Luhan just watched as Jongin threw the non-stop questions. He felt ignored and he also saw how the both guys stared at each other.

"Why don't we just eat. Then we can talk later." Luhan stated as he saw the waitress coming. Both men looked at Luhan and then saw their food was there.

"Fine by me." Jongin said. And Tao simply nodded.

They quickly ate their food quietly. Luhan was the first to finish along with Tao. Jongin had only eaten about half of his plate because his mind was somewhere else. Luhan suddenly stood up.

"I'm going to use the restroom. I'll be back." Luhan walked away and as soon as he was far from hearing distance, Jongin looked up at Tao.

"So you live alone?" Tao rolled his eyes. Clearly this wasn't going to stop anytime soon.

"What's with all the questions? Who do you think you are?" Tao told Jongin, the annoyance clearly heard in his tone of voice.

"So you do live alone. Tsk. Pathetic." Jongin smirked. He knew exactly what he was doing.

"What do you mean pathetic?! You live alone too, are you saying you're pathetic also?!" Tao raised his voice. Jongin only gave Tao a dark glare for his plan had worked.

"I never told you I lived alone." Jongin's fists were clenched under the table. Tao's eyes rounded when he realized what he had just done. Jongin stood up and grabbed Tao by the collar of his shirt.

"I know what you are. What do you want with Luhan? Huh?" Jongin said through clenched teeth. Tao's shocked face was quickly replaced by a smirk.

"So what if you know. You can't do anything about it." Tao told Jongin.

"I'll tell Luhan everything. About you and this whole city." Jongin tightened his grip on his shirt.

Tao chuckled, "You think he'll believe you?"

"I wi-" Jongin was about to say something when Luhan ran over and pulled him off of Tao.

"Jongin! What are you doing? Are you crazy?" Luhan looked at Jongin with round eyes. He never thought Jongin would try to hurt Tao. Jongin quickly grabbed Luhan's wrist and dragged him out of the restaurant. Luhan kept yelling at Jongin to let him go but he wouldn't listen. He continued to drag him until they reached Jongin's home. He quickly unlocked his gate and pushed Luhan in a little too harshly.

"What is your problem Jongin?! I told you I don't like being dragged around!" Luhan looked at Jongin, his eyebrows furrowed together. His chest was moving up and down because he was out of breath from screaming all the way to his house.

"Come inside now." Jongin said sternly. He walked over to the front door and unlocked it. Luhan didn't want to comply with him but he had no other choice. He angrily walked into his house. Once he was inside Jongin locked the door and went to the living room.

"Why are we here? Why did you drag me all the way here? We left Tao all alone at the restaurant!" Luhan told Jongin as they walked to the living room.

"Do not talk to Tao anymore." Jongin stopped and turned to face Luhan. His face was completely serious and it was filled with anger, but Luhan wasn't intimidated.

"Why?" Luhan stared back at Jongin. Jongin's face began to soften a bit. Now was the time. He had to explain everything to Luhan. He walked over and sat on the couch with a sigh. He placed his elbows on his legs and clenched his hand together.

"There's something I have to tell you." Jongin began calmly. Luhan noticed Jongin had calmed down and he also relaxed a bit.

"What is it?" Luhan stood there watching as Jongin looked straightforward.

"The real reason behind my scar." Jongin closed his eyes for a couple of seconds before opening them again. He had never thought he would tell this to anyone, but things in his life had turned out different.

"I was happy once. Back when I was in high school. I had friends, I lived with my parents, I had everything I wanted. Until I reached my last year in high school, that's when things began to change. My parents became more serious and nervous. Whenever I asked them if anything was wrong they would ignore my questions. I also started to notice that some of my friends were disappearing and when they came back, they were completely changed. They wouldn't talk at all, and their faces always held the same blank expressions. I wasn't sure of what was going on. One day after I got home from school I saw my parents had packed all their stuff away. When I asked where they were going they told me not to worry. That they would be back and they wouldn't let anything happen to me. They never came back. I knew then that something was up and I tried to connect the pieces. Nothing made sense. Then one day, someone broke into my house and they kidnapped me. I had no idea where they were taking me and I was frightened. After that I don't remember much."

Luhan stared at Jongin in disbelief. He didn't know what to think of all of this. Jongin continued to talk.

"My memory is still kind of blurry. But I do know, that after that, it was like I was born again. I had no memory of anything that had previously happened, the only things on my mind were work, eat and sleep. It was an endless schedule that I went through every day. Until one day, I got this strange headache. I began to remember things and suddenly I remembered everything and what they did to me." Jongin paused for a moment.

"Who's they?" Luhan quietly asked.

"The government. They planted chips into everyone and this whole time they've been controlling everyone. Just how I had those three things in mind before, everyone else thinks like that. This is why no one really speaks, and why they are so emotionless. As for my scar, once I got my memory back, I began to study what was going on around me and everyone. That's how I know so many people. I managed to figure out where the chips were planted, the arm. So I took it out and now I'm free. Luhan you're in danger, Tao works for the government. He just wants to turn you into one of their prisoners. You can't see him anymore."

Jongin finally looked at Luhan. Luhan's face was filled with shock and disbelief. He didn't know what to think of all of this. It was just too much to take in.

"You don't know that..." Luhan whispered. "How can you be so sure? Tao doesn't seem like he wants to harm me!"

"Luhan. He's lying to you. Just now at the restaurant, he knew I lived alone. How could he know that if I didn't tell him!" Jongin stood up and walked over to Luhan.

"He was just pressured... you kept asking all these questions." Luhan really didn't want to believe what he just heard. "If you don't like him you don't have to make things up about him! You don't know anything about him!"

"Luhan, listen to me. I don't want them to do the same to you. I will protect you, you just have to believe me!" Jongin placed his hand on Luhan's shoulder to try and comfort him but Luhan pushed it off.

"I'm leaving." Luhan turned and went towards the door.

"Luhan you have to believe me!" Jongin went after him and watched as Luhan put his shoes on. As soon as he finished Luhan looked back up at Jongin.

"I want to... but none of it makes sense. I have to go." Luhan opened the door and walked towards the gate. "Unlock it please." Luhan asked without looking at Jongin.

"Luhan pl-" Jongin began again but he was cut off.

"Please stop Jongin! Just let me go." Luhan was shaking. Jongin sighed and unlocked the gate slowly. Luhan quickly left, almost running. Jongin watched as he left. He was overwhelmed by everything he had just said. He was relieved that he finally told Luhan. The feeling of guilt was lifted off of his shoulders. But he knew things with Luhan, would never be the same again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! Again sorry for taking long, but not as long as last time haha. Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter! And thank you for reading c: