The Solution

Arcane

Luhan lay down on his bed once he got home. He could not believe everything he had just heard. What Jongin had said, was it all real? Luhan tangled his fingers in his hair in frustration. Everything was going so well in his life. Suddenly he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He pulled it out and looked at the caller ID, Home. He sighed before he answered it.

"Hi honey! It's mom, how are you?" Luhan's mother sounded happy.

"I'm fine mom. How are you guys?" Luhan still lay on his bed staring at the roof.

"We're doing great! Lately we've had a lot of customers and it's so great. We actually managed to pay all our bills and we had a little extra. We were wondering, maybe you know. We could go visit?" Luhan's mother smiled brightly at the thought of seeing her son.

"NO!" Luhan shouted instantly, "I mean. No you shouldn't waste your money to come see me. Why don't you and dad just use it on yourselves?" Luhan tried to convince his parents not to come. If what Jongin said was true, he had to keep his parents away.

"You don't to see us Luhan?" His mom's voice became less happy.

Luhan sighed, "No mom. Of course I want to see you but I prefer if you and dad did something for yourselves. You've done so much for me already..." Luhan hated having to push his parents away but for now it was the only way to secure their safety. "Mom, don't worry about me. I'm completely fine. I'm not a little kid anymore."

"You're right. But I still want to see my son. Me and your father miss you."

"Me too mom. I promise soon we will see each other." Luhan gulped, he didn't know if that would really be soon.

"Alright son. You sound tired, I'll let you rest now." His mom sounded a bit disappointed.

"I'm sorry we can't see each other often mom, but soon. Please take care, both of you. I love you both."

"We love you too. Please be safe." With that his mom hung up.

Luhan sighed and buried his face in his pillow. How can this be happening? He refused to believe any of it, but still. In a strange way, it all made sense. He shook his head one last time before he drifted off into sleep with so much on his mind.


After Luhan had left, Jongin just sat at the couch thinking if he had done the right thing. Luhan hadn't believed him, and there was nothing but disappointment left. How could he think that Luhan would believe something so absurd. Even if it was absurd, it was still the truth. Jongin walked over to his kitchen to grab a glass of water. Once he gulped down the drink he started heading back toward his room, when someone suddenly knocked on his door. Jongin stared at the front door. The only person he thought it could be was Luhan, but still the front gate was locked. Had he forgotten to lock it? Jongin slowly walked over to the door. He placed his hand on the doorknob and turned it. He opened the door and he saw three men in black suits. In front of two of the men was Tao.

"We need to talk Jongin." Tao glared at Jongin. The other two men were wearing dark black shades.

"I have nothing to talk to you guys about." Jongin slammed the door shut, but Tao stopped it with his arm.

"It's about Luhan." Tao opened the door once again and stepped in. When Jongin heard that, he knew that Luhan was in danger. "I'm sure you'll be interested to hear what plans we have for him." Tao smirked at Jongin. Tao's other two men stepped in once Tao gave them a nod.

"Don't you dare touch Luhan." Jongin spat through his teeth.

"Oh we won't touch him. As long as you stay away from him." Tao stared straight at Jongin and saw the anger in his eyes.

"Why should I?" Jongin narrowed his eyes.

"Because..." Tao began, "If you continue to see him and tell him about us, we will not hesitate to make him one of our own." Jongin's eyes widened at what he had just heard. They had gone this far. "So long as you stay away, we won't touch Luhan. I'll make sure he forgets anything you told him. Not only that but we'll also leave you alone. Isn't that what you want Jongin? To fade out and seem unnoticeable. You see, we've been watching you for a while now. Ever since you got your memory back. We've known about you and how you managed to take out your mind controlling chip. Very impressive if I say so myself. At first, we were just going to kill you but we decided to let you be. After all, you were just one man. And look at what you've done so far, nothing! If you decided to talk to Luhan again, we'll just kill you and Luhan will be left to work for us." Tao evily smiled at Jongin.

Jongin just stared at Tao and his men in shock. They'd known all along. All those times he felt he was being watched, they were watching him. Now Jongin had to choose what he should do. He felt upset that he had to leave Luhan, his only friend. The only person he cared about. How can they put him in this position. He hated Tao and the whole government. He hated them for ruining his life, they already took his parents. Now Luhan too? How could he let them do this to him. But he knew he had no option.

"Don't look so sad Jongin. I mean you just barely met him two months ago. Don't tell me you actually care about him?" Jongin looked at Tao with anger. Tao only chuckled. "So you do care for him... maybe even a little more than a friend. Am I right?" Tao smirked as he stared right into Jongin's eyes. Jongin had no idea how he felt about Luhan at the moment, and hd had no time to sort out his feelings.

"Fine. I'll stay away. But stay out of my way and Luhan's." Jongin said coldly.

"Oh sure, there's nothing to worry about. It was nice making business with you Jongin. We'll be leaving now." Tao gave him a fake smile. Jongin's hands curled into fists. Tao began to walk away but he turned around once more before he left and said something.

"Oh, by the way. You and your parents are such a disappointment. Such potential, yet you throw it away. And for what? The greater good? Tsk tsk." Tao shook his head in disappointment and walked away. Jongin was beyond furious now. To compare him to his parents like that. He was nothing like his parents. His parents only cared about themselves.

"TAO!" Jongin shouted. All three men stopped walking but they didn't turn around. "I'm nothing like my parents and I also am not a disappointment. You'll see." Jongin smirked before he slammed the door shut. He exhaled and slid down against the door. Only one thing was going through his mind and that was that he could never see Luhan again. He didn't know why, but he felt an awful pain in his chest. He buried his fingers in his hair and slammed his head against the door. He didn't know why he was feeling like his life was over when in reality, he was lucky to be alive. He sighed and finally accepted reality. There was nothing he could do to save Luhan. He went over to his room and laid face down. He was having trouble sleeping, but eventually he relaxed and slowly fell asleep.

His life was about to change dramatically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I forgot to tell you guys last time that I changed the title of the story. I know you see that now but yeah, I just didn't like the other title. Anyway thank you for reading~ c: