Don't Cause Trouble

Arcane

Jongin sat there for a long time. Staring at the white walls that were surrounding him. Unconsciously, tears began to fall down his cheeks. He couldn't believe anything that had just happened and now, he was about to lose Luhan. They had already planned to leave, they were going to be so happy. But Tao ruined everything. Jongin screamed in anger and sobbed. The only door in the room opened and Tao walked in.

"Will you keep it quiet in here. You're disturbing the workers." Tao said in an annoyed tone. Jongin was unable to say anything. He felt his chest tightening at the thought of seeing Luhan after he was brain washed. He would no longer hear that laugh or smile. He would probably never go out to eat with him again. Jongin sat with his head hung low, tears silently streaming down his face. Tao watched him intently.

"You know... if I were you. I wouldn't try and save him. What good would that do? We'd find out immediately and then, we'll have to kill you. We don't need people who are going to cause a ruckus." Tao walked behind him and pulled out his knife. He grabbed Jongins’ hands and cut the rope. He bent over in front of him and cut the ropes on his legs too.

"It's time for you to go. Come in." Tao spoke. Two men in black walked in and pulled Jongin up from the chair. Jongin didn't put up a fight and just let them do whatever they wanted.

"Lead him outside." Tao said. "Don't cause any more trouble Jongin, or you'll regret it."

Jongin was pulled away by the two men. They walked down a long hallway. On his left there was two doors. One labeled Supplies and the other labeled Control Room. They walked down further and there was a large white door on the right. A man in blue scrubs walked out and headed the way that they had come from. They made a turn to the left and then entered a place that looked like a lobby. They opened the front door and shoved Jongin outside. He landed on the floor, in front of the building. He scraped his elbow when he fell. He stood up slowly and looked at him surroundings. He knew how to get home, but that's not where he was going. He headed straight toward the tea shop where he met Luhan, blood trickling down his arm.

 

Jongin stood in front of the tea shop, panting hard from the long walk/run from city hall. This is the first place he would think they would have sent Luhan. His elbow had stopped bleeding at this point but dry blood was stuck to his skin. After getting ready to see Luhan in his new state, he walked right into the shop. As soon as he walked in his eyes searched for Luhan, but he was nowhere to be seen. He sat down at a table near the window and waited to be attended. He stared at his hands while he waited and he became nervous. Luhan would not remember him anymore and the thought of that just broke his heart. Two feet suddenly stood beside him. Jongin’s eyes slowly trailed up to see the face of the person standing next to him. The face he was met with was not Luhan’s. It was the usual girl who used to attend him before Luhan showed up. But where did she go and what is she doing here? Most importantly where is Luhan?

“How may I help you?” The girl asked a sweet voice. She even smiled. This girl, who is being controlled by the government, just smiled?! His jaw dropped when he saw her smile. Now she was frowning.

“Is something wrong sir?” She actually looked concerned. Everyone is supposed to be emotionless and have this boring tone. That’s how it always was.

“Who are you?” Jongin managed to ask.

“Me? My name is Mei.” She smiled again.

“Didn’t you work here before?” Jongin asked staring at Mei and every single movement she made.

“Oh yes. I was on vacation that’s why.”

Vacation? Yeah right, Jongin thought. They must have done something with the software in their chip. They must have upgraded it to make the people have more emotions and be able to communicate more on their own. But why would they do that? This only gave Jongin the opportunity to tell them what was actually going on. He decided to try it.

“So you know about the city right?” Jongin asked.

“Excuse me?” Mei asked furrowing her eyebrows.

“You know, how they brain wash everyone.” Jongin stared at her intently looking for any reaction.

“There’s no such thing here.” And like that her sweet voice turned into a serious one. “Everyone is safe in the city.” She walked away just like that. Looks like they didn’t make it so easy after all. Jongin stood up concluding that Luhan was not there and walked out. The next place he chose to go was Luhan’s apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone. I am so sorry for taking long and another semi-short chapter. I'm just really busy with school and I'm starting to fall behind, already?!! So I really am going to try my best to update. I hope you liked this chapter. Please give me some feedback if you'd like. Tell me how to improve ^^ Have a good day everyone.