Dream Come True

BangLo Oneshots



 



 

JunHong is a Bang YongGuk fanboy who finally gets to meet his treasured idol




 

JunHong ran into his living room and jumped onto the couch next to his older brother, HimChan, making the older boy look daggers at him then back at the tv.

“Hyung! Change the channel! Bang YongGuk’s new video is on!” JunHong shouted at the top of his voice.

HimChan cringed and grabbed the remote control.

“No! This is a new episode of this drama! Get out!”

JunHong scowled and pretended to settle down but then he shoved HimChan off the couch and grabbed the remote control. He quickly changed the channel before his hyung got up and grinned as he watched his favourite rapper – Bang YongGuk.

“Yah!” HimChan shouted as he finally emerged from beneath the coffee table under which he had been stuck. “Give that back!”

“No!” JunHong shouted, his eyes glued to the television.

HimChan growled and made a grab for the remote but JunHong put his foot in his hyung’s face to keep him back. As JunHong expected, HimChan screamed and jumped back. He hated feet.

“How could you go there?” HimChan shrieked. “Do you really love this gangster that much?”

“He’s not a gangster!” JunHong fired back. “He’s actually really sweet.”

HimChan snorted.

“Then why is he acting like one?”

“Shut up!” JunHong shouted. “I’m trying to listen!”

HimChan glared but waited until the 4-minute long video was over. As soon as it was, JunHong flopped back onto the couch with a silly grin on his face. It was stupid really to fight with his brother to see this video because it was on every day but he just had to see it every time it was on. Yes, he could watch it on the internet but there was something about seeing his favourite musician being broadcasted on tv to the masses whether they liked it or not that made him extremely content.

HimChan snatched the remote from him and switched back to his drama. He looked at his younger brother and shook his head.

“If I didn’t know any better I’d think you had a crush on that guy…” HimChan muttered.

“I don’t,” JunHong denied for the umpteenth time because not only his brother but also his friends at school accused him of the same thing. “I just really admire him. He’s so cool! He makes such good music and he’s such a good person. He’s not just making music for money he actually does it because he loves it and he even wants to adopt and he sponsors kids in –”

“Yeah, you’re in love with him,” HimChan stated.

“Am not,” JunHong said, punching HimChan in the shoulder with his last word.

“The hell!” HimChan shouted, punching him back and succeeding in starting another fight with his younger brother.

The fight immediately paused when JunHong heard Bang YongGuk’s name on the tv.

”…will be embarking on his first North American tour in two months and performing in major cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Toronto –”

JunHong screamed at the top of his lungs and rolled off the couch in sheer glee.

Toronto! How lucky was he? Idols normally ignored anything above New York but of course his most thoughtful Bang YongGuk would think of Canada!

“Yah! Idiot!” HimChan shouted. “You know we live in Vancouver, right? What are you so happy about?”

JunHong jumped to his feet and HimChan actually leaned back because of the fierce glint in JunHong’s eyes.

I am going to see Bang YongGuk if it is the last thing I do.”

***

Sitting on the plane to Toronto, Choi JunHong couldn’t believe this was actually happening. He was on a plane to see Bang YongGuk.

Bang

Yong

Guk

He had begged on his knees to his parents and even shamelessly bawled as he pleaded and implored for them to let him go. They had refused at first but JunHong had been relentless. He had suddenly begun to make breakfast for the whole family every morning, he was so on top of the dish-washing that there was never a dirty anything in the sink, he cleaned the whole house (even HimChan’s room), he was top in all his classes, he even wore his embarrassing helmet and elbowpads and kneepads when he went skateboarding.

After a straight month of this spotless behaviour his parents had begun to consider letting him go. What put the icing on the cake was when JunHong entered and won an essay competition tailored to students hoping to enter Seoul National University which was where his parents wanted him to go. His parents had been overjoyed and decided that if Bang YongGuk was helping their son into what was the best university in Korea then JunHong deserved to see him.

The engines of the plane started to rumble and JunHong actually started to cry from excitement. He fell asleep after about an hour – which was pretty surprising considering how excited he was – then woke up when he heard the pilot announcing their descent into Toronto.

Straight from the airport he got a taxi to the concert venue and was pleased to see that there was only a small crowd of fangirls at the entrance to the theatre. He stood behind them and tried to ignore their pointed glances and giggles for the next…12 hours.

Things became a little easier when a guy named JongUp joined the line and JunHong had someone much less flirtatious than the group in front of him with whom to converse. JongUp’s family was also from Korea but living in Canada and he was here with his sister who was a rabid fangirl of Bang YongGuk. JongUp had to accompany her or his parents wouldn’t allow his sister to go and according to JongUp if his refusal had been the reason his sister couldn’t attend this concert he might not have woken up this morning.

By the time it was time for the doors to open JunHong could barely stand. He crouched to give his body a break but soon enough his thighs started to protest his position and he reluctantly stood up and tried to stretch his sore muscles. But when they started to go inside all his soreness flew out the window. He forgot about JongUp and ran to the foot of the stage (of course he had pit tickets) and firmly planted himself there until the concert started.

The stage went black and everyone started to scream. JunHong thought he would pass out when he saw Bang YongGuk’s silhouette in a cloud of smoke on the stage.

It was him.

It was really him.

The spotlight flashed on and JunHong let out a scream he didn’t know existed in his 6-foot 18-year old male body. YongGuk started to rap and for the rest of the night JunHong was in a different galaxy. The girls around him jumped up and down and reached out to YongGuk but he just stood there with his mouth hanging open, his eyes glassy and fixated on the man above him.

He was perfect.

Halfway through the concert YongGuk stopped for a break and short chat with his fans. He stood directly in front of JunHong and shook his sweaty head. JunHong felt one of the drops land on his chin and he unconsciously the drop of salty fluid. (Later he realized that that was a touch creepy).

YongGuk’s deep voice reverberated through the speakers and JunHong found himself wondering what it would be like to hear that voice speaking only to him, telling him how much he appreciated the letters and gifts that JunHong had sent and how he was the best fan any artist could ever want.

JunHong snapped out of his daze when YongGuk started performing again and this time he sang and rapped and jumped along with YongGuk and the girls around him. When YongGuk announced the last song JunHong actually screamed ‘No!’ much to the amusement of the rest of the audience and…Bang YongGuk. He looked directly at JunHong and smiled. That was it for JunHong. He couldn’t deny it anymore. He had a crush on this man. That could be the only explanation for the way his heart felt like it was beating erratically and his face was as red as the cherry tomatoes he had snacked on while waiting in line.

After the concert JunHong literally stumbled out of the theatre and clutched at his shirt right above his heart. He was feeling the strangest sensation. He was still on a high from the concert but he was incredibly sad that it was over. He just wanted to be back in there with YongGuk. Preferably just the two of them.

He stood there leaning against the wall looking up at the sky for who knew how long. Suddenly he was exhausted and he really needed to pee. He came across a dark alley and stepped inside. He ped his pants and sighed as he relieved himself of his full bladder. He had nowhere to wash his hands but that was the least of his worries right now. He needed to get a taxi to his hotel then rest up before he headed to the airport to join the crowd that would bid YongGuk farewell.

He was about to leave the alley when he heard an unmistakeable deep voice at the other end. JunHong swore his heart stopped and started again. He crept silently to the other end of the alley and heard YongGuk talking to the men packing up his equipment.

“Thanks so much you guys. Really, you’re a great team…”

JunHong grinned stupidly from his vantage point. YongGuk was an angel. He needed to see him. He had to.

JunHong peeked out carefully (or rather what he thought was carefully) from around the corner and was presented with YongGuk’s back literally an inch from him. He gasped and jumped back into the alley.

“What the…” he heard YongGuk say.

JunHong began to walk quickly backwards in a panic and tripped over a random cement block sitting in the alley. Before he could get up a light was shined on him and he looked up to see his angel staring down at him. YongGuk held out his hand and helped up JunHong who suddenly remembered he hadn’t washed his hands.

“Are you ok?” YongGuk asked.”

“Um…um…yeah, yeah I’m great, dandy, actually. You?” JunHong stuttered.

“Hey, it’s you!” YongGuk said. “The guy who didn’t want me to go!”

“That’s me!” JunHong said, laughing nervously.

“Did you enjoy the concert?” YongGuk asked.

“Oh my gosh, yes! You are absolutely amazing! I didn’t want it to be over ever! You’re so good, YongGuk, I really mean it. I think you’re the best, the absolute best, you’re perfect! I mean, the way you –” JunHong suddenly stopped and was glad for the darkness of the alley to hide his red face.

“I’m sorry,” JunHong said, “I just –”

“No, don’t be sorry,” YongGuk said, “you’re cute.”

“But it’s so dark,” JunHong blurted, “how can you say I’m cute?”

“I saw you in the theatre,” YongGuk said laughing. “Just accept the compliment.”

“Yes, yes, of course! Thank you! You’re cute too – I mean handsome! You’re handsome – I mean I think you’re cute too but you know, whatever you prefer…um…I’ll just shut up now.” JunHong finished lamely.

A streetlight suddenly flickered on and YongGuk and JunHong were swathed in the soft orange light.

JunHong could see YongGuk grinning which made him feel less awkward but still so nervous.

“Don’t shut up,” YongGuk said, “You make me laugh and after a long night it feels good. Tell me, what’s your name? Are you from Canada?”

“It’s JunHong and I’m from Vancouver.”

“You flew all the way from Vancouver?”

“I had to! I love y – your music!” JunHong quickly covered. YongGuk had him slipping up more than a stick of butter.

“Wow,” YongGuk said. “That’s a lot of devotion. I’m glad I didn’t disappoint you, JunHong.”

JunHong felt a sudden uprising of butterflies in his stomach at the sound of his name coming out of YongGuk’s mouth.

“You could never disappoint me,” JunHong said.

“Really?” YongGuk asked. “Wouldn’t it disappoint you if I told you I had to go now?”

JunHong’s face fell.

“You do? Really?”

YongGuk sighed and nodded.

“Yeah, I do. It’s a shame we didn’t meet under different circumstances, JunHong. You’re a really cool guy.”

“So are you,” JunHong said quietly.

“Hey, don’t be so sad,” YongGuk said, “This was the night of your life right?”

JunHong smiled and nodded as the memories of the concert flooded back into his mind’s eye.

“I hope I’ll see you again someday, JunHong. I really do.”

JunHong nodded again.

“Me too. Goodbye, YongGuk.”

***

JunHong stood amongst the screaming girls in the airport waiting for YongGuk’s black van to pull up and for the man himself to step out and grace them with his presence. JunHong didn’t have a sign like many of the girls around him but he was sure his height was enough to help him.

One girl started screaming louder and every head turned to see a black tinted van pull up. The crowd went wild and security did their best to keep the girls at bay. YongGuk stepped out of his van with his entourage and, JunHong noticed, without his trademark aviator sunglasses.

Last night felt like it had been a dream and JunHong actually wasn’t sure if his imagination hadn’t cooked up that meeting with YongGuk. YongGuk looked like he was scanning the crowd for someone and JunHong felt his heart speed up. There was no way…no way…

YongGuk’s eyes stopped on him and the man smiled and winked. He winked. JunHong grinned back and YongGuk bobbed his head in acknowledgement. JunHong could have collapsed right there but he was too caught up in glee.

It hadn’t been a dream. Last night had actually happened. He had spoken to Bang YongGuk and the idol had even called him cute! JunHong fanned himself even though it wasn’t hot as he thought of his encounter.

He had to be the luckiest person in the world.




 

This one was a little longer than usual ^^;; but I really hope you guys liked it! I always love to hear your thoughts so please don't hesitate to comment :)



 

pic cr: http://henroben.deviantart.com/